Staying at a Value w/o kids

rosiep

<font color=deeppink>I don't drink, I try to conve
I have no experience here having only stayed at the Moderates and an occasional Deluxe resort. I travel with my adult daughter and we are both curious about the values... are they at all relaxing to stay at if you don't have kids? They look fun, and whimsical, but noisy.

I know everyone's level of comfort varies but if you've stayed at a value without kids did the value resorts seem hectic?

I have no experience here having only stayed at the Moderates and an occasional Deluxe resort. I travel with my adult daughter and we are both curious about the values... are they at all relaxing to stay at if you don't have kids? They look fun, and whimsical, but noisy.

I know everyone's level of comfort varies but if you've stayed at a value without kids did the value resorts seem hectic?

My one and only stay at a value was just that NOISY. I don't travel with my kids anymore, they are 29 and 25. The bus service wasn't that good either. I waited for a bus at Pop one night for over 45 min to DHS. That one experience taught me on my next trip in Dec not to leave DHS for the Osborne Lights, just spend the day. Be there when they turn them on and then go watch Illuminations.

We almost always stay at Pop. We stayed there the night they opened, and I've lost count of how many times we've stayed since. We've never stayed there with the family, it's always been either the DH and me, or my friend and I on our two "girls only" birthday trips. The only place that we've found to be noisy is the food court. We don't usually use the feature pool, and the other pools seemed quiet enough for us two "old folks". We enjoy walking along the path by the lake, and walking around the resort. We've never had a problem with bus service.

We've stayed at other resorts (all the moderates, All Star Music, the Animal Kingdom Lodge, and the Dolphin), but usually stay at Pop. We're going back there after the cruise!

Beth

We stayed at All Star Sports in 09 and it was an adults-only trip. My husband and I went with my best friend and her husband and had rooms next to one another.
I think it depends on how much time you like to spend at the resort, and how much noise you can tolerate. This was my husband's first trip and we were doing the parks commando style so he could see everything. By the time we got back to our rooms in the evening it was straight to bed. There were a lot of noisy teenagers (running up and down the second floor corridor), but we were so exhausted it didn't really bother us.
We found the food court lacking in taste/variety, and no hot tubs was a bummer. The buses were great, and rooms were very clean.
If you like to spend a lot of quiet, relaxing time at the resort or in your room I would not recommend this resort. If you are looking to save money and spend a lot of time at the parks I would give it a try!

DH and I stay at POP and we love it (both mid 40s). I suppose the noise level depends on when you go and how busy it is. We usually go in mid September, most kids back in school and the resort running at around 50% capacity. We love it. Yes the food court is 'lively' at busy times, but so is everywhere else. We always ask for top floor overlooking the computer pool, never had any problems with noise. We like to stay somewhere cheap and have more to spend in the parks - after all, we're there all day and only really sleep at the hotel.

I used to stay at the Value Resorts before I bought DVC. I've stayed at all 4, and found All Star Music to be my favorite (especially the broadway section). I found it to be a little quieter there for some reason.

In my experience, the values are nice but far from relaxing. The kinetic energy around there is very high, even more so than most other WDW resorts. Personally I think the moderates are worth the bump in cost, especially POR and CS.

Thanks for all the replies!

I'm hoping that if I go in expecting it to be high energy then I won't be caught off guard. My daughter grew up during the Little Mermaid era and I know the new section will tickle her fancy. I wider if they'll add a seperate food court to that area?

Our recent stay at AsMu was our first stay at a Value and it far exceeded our expectations. Our room faced some woods and was very quiet and didn't seem much smaller than the rooms at the moderate resorts. We brought our own coffee maker and bought fruit and pastries and ate breakfast in the room. ASMu was not that crowded when we were there, so I am sure that helped our experience. The lobby and food court can get noisy, but it was not so when we were there. And we had no problems at all with the buses.

It's funny you ask. DH and I were going to try a value because we weren't going to have kids with us in a few weeks. We like the monorail with the kids. Of course, DH now has to work so I will be trying a value for the first time and with a child in tow. ;)

As long as I can get to the parks ok, I am not too picky. I would appreciate a little peace and quiet at night, though. :thumbsup2

It's funny you ask. DH and I were going to try a value because we weren't going to have kids with us in a few weeks. We like the monorail with the kids. Of course, DH now has to work so I will be trying a value for the first time and with a child in tow. ;)

As long as I can get to the parks ok, I am not too picky. I would appreciate a little peace and quiet at night, though. :thumbsup2

I feel the same way....if I'm at Disney and on property then anything after that is gravy!

I truly think it's part expectation and part attitude.

I'd done 20+ visits staying only Deluxe and DVC. A few months ago I did a split stay starting at Pop. I was very pleased. It was a girlfriend vacation and I was pleasantly surprised.

All resorts are likely to have some level of noise, being a resort. The values are no exception. It is really a stereotype that the values will be more noisy due to being a lower priced hotel. If you are staying in any room overlooking a pool, deluxe or value, there is bound to be more noise than a room that overlooks a garden area. If you are concerned about noise, I recommend requesting a room that does not overlook a pool or a recreational area. As far as noise from your neighbors, you are in a hotel - it's bound to happen whether you are in a value or a deluxe room. :wizard:

I will also add, when we stayed at Pop, I talked to a couple of other guests who were adults lounging by the pool. Both just happened to mention that they loved Pop because they considered it to be more fun than the other resorts and made them feel more like a kid when there. One lady even implied that she would have no problem paying for one of the pricier resorts, but that she just felt more at home and relaxed at Pop, so she always stayed there.

We just got back from the ASMu. We didn't find it noisy at all. We all slept well in the family suite.

The kids even slept in a bit, which worked out because we stayed out later at night.

DON'T DO IT!!!:rolleyes1,:rotfl2:

Just kidding, we stayed at POP last year just hubby and I and it was nice.

We have one 10 yr old DS but we do appreciate our quiet time. We stayed at POP from 11/13/10 to 11/19/10 in the back corner of the farthest 90's bldg. We had no complaints at all. I agree with other posts the only busy area is the food court during breakfast especially. We enjoyed our stay. You will see all ages at any WDW resort.

All resorts are likely to have some level of noise, being a resort. The values are no exception. It is really a stereotype that the values will be more noisy due to being a lower priced hotel. If you are staying in any room overlooking a pool, deluxe or value, there is bound to be more noise than a room that overlooks a garden area. If you are concerned about noise, I recommend requesting a room that does not overlook a pool or a recreational area. As far as noise from your neighbors, you are in a hotel - it's bound to happen whether you are in a value or a deluxe room. :wizard:

I'm glad you mentioned that because I think that I am guilty of the very same thing, not because of the money because Lord knows I've been there, but because of it's orientation towards kids.

A lot of people have mentioned the food court being hectic at breakfast...DD and I are late sleepers so I doubt we'd ever even see the rush! :lmao:

Talking to her last night we both agreed that the best way to see for ourselves would be to go there for lunch one day, check out the grounds and the crowd and get a feel for the place before we decide to stay there.

We've stayed at ASMu (Broadway section) in wings that overlook a somewhat wooded area. Very peaceful and quiet. Probably a third floor room would help too.

Once when we stayed at the CBR we had kids running back a forth on the walkway above us. They did this late at night, and since we're the types that prefer to go to bed early and get up early it was very frustrating.

DH and I will be staying at ASMu in Feb w/o any children. We have also stayed at Pop Century and enjoyed them both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter