Stateroom door magnets

dgsalyers

Earning My Ears
cam someone point me in the right direction of someone who makes the stateroom door magnets.... I have only been able to find old forms and the person no longer does it.

cam someone point me in the right direction of someone who makes the stateroom door magnets.... I have only been able to find old forms and the person no longer does it.
Well there's this thread:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/stateroom-mickey-ears-and-then-some.2172891/

and an older thread (closed, but some images still accessible).

https://www.disboards.com/threads/ladyb-closed.3322275/

Many of us just find the images we want and print them ourselves and put them on magnets.

Have you checked on the Creative DISigns forum?

Many of us just find the images we want and print them ourselves and put them on magnets.

This is what we did. In some old threads people have mentioned that their magnets were moved from their door. So my DH added our names to the magnets before we printed them...we figured no one else would want our names on their door.

This is what we did. In some old threads people have mentioned that their magnets were moved from their door. So my DH added our names to the magnets before we printed them...we figured no one else would want our names on their door.
Generally, that's a good idea. But we had one go missing that had our names, room number and dates of cruise right on the front of the magnet (in such a place that cutting them off would mess up the magnet).

Generally, that's a good idea. But we had one go missing that had our names, room number and dates of cruise right on the front of the magnet (in such a place that cutting them off would mess up the magnet).
:-( It’s so unfortunate that anyone would do that.

Could also be they blew off. We made the mistake if having our balcony open AND my son left the room. There was such a wind funnel that blew magnents off about 5 rooms near us. Hall was a mess. We hope we got all back where they should be.

If you're on Facebook, there are also a couple free graphics groups that work like the threads here used to. You can politely ask to have things made for you or personalize them yourself.

Just to mention, I downloaded the (free) Waltograph font and use it in Word and Power Point (and Elements) I make my own magnets with Power Point (which allows me to overlay fonts on pictures easily). If you find a graphic you like and you have permission to use it, you can add your own personalization in this way.

Furthermore, if you want to make your own graphics, using free photos and the mickey head shape makes it easy. It's a little more work, but still doable.

Could also be they blew off. We made the mistake if having our balcony open AND my son left the room. There was such a wind funnel that blew magnents off about 5 rooms near us. Hall was a mess. We hope we got all back where they should be.
Nope. We had an oceanview room on deck 2. No verandah wind tunnel. The magnet was there when we left the room to go to dinner. And was gone when we got back.

Amazon had some vendors selling them and I was able to get a nice one on short notice last year. The vendor I used was Plumeria prints and I am going to use them again this year.

I found my own designs on google, I have a Disney font that I downloaded years ago and purchased magnetic paper from Amazon. I made my own for our cruise. It's not hard, just a little time consuming.

Last edited:
I use the Facebook groups, and print my magnet on 8.5 x 11 sheets of magnetic paper for inkjet printers I buy at Hobby Lobby. They work great. Just remember to set your printer to special paper and best quality to get the best look.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter