• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stateroom Door Decorations

geoly1

Mouseketeer
Hello! Just wondering if anyone has used the repositional decals you can get for walls & used them on your stateroom door instead of magnets? I know you can’t use tape or stickers etc. These are the decals you can put on walls, move around & they don’t do any damage. Just wondering if they are ok. My magnets always go flying when the kids (or the wind) slams the door. Thanks!

You can buy printable magnet sheets that work in just about any home printer. There is a well known company that sells a variety of printable labels/name tags/etc. that works well for me. The entire sheet is a magnet, so there is never any problem with wind or slamming doors making them slip or fall off. It was fun to let the kids work on the designs - just one more pre-cruise activity to help us through the long wait.

Hello! Just wondering if anyone has used the repositional decals you can get for walls & used them on your stateroom door instead of magnets? I know you can’t use tape or stickers etc. These are the decals you can put on walls, move around & they don’t do any damage. Just wondering if they are ok. My magnets always go flying when the kids (or the wind) slams the door. Thanks!

On our recent Dream cruise, people had used what they may have thought were removable decals. The stateroom host was busy scrubbing off the residue and stains. Please use magnets only.

Years ago I took cling/static decals of "Pirates of the Caribbean" characters with us on the Fantasy. I did not use them on the door (wouldn't stay up), so I put them on the inside walls and large porthole (worked best here). They did not leave a residue or cause any harm to the surfaces. You might consider these options. I do a lot of exterior door stuff and it is all with magnets, have never used anything else.

I purchased my magnetic paper at a chain "Hobby" store. I store them in an envelope in my suitcase and have used them the last 3 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter