State of Fast Pass Return (or replacement)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that. I'm sure they are. But I'm also sure that what is most important to me to have a great time is not what is most important to them. The negatives I hear are concerning the things that will personally affect me most. There are some people who actually love not having FP at all- for me, it's the single most negative thing about our trip. Some people are all wrapped up in what restaurants are opening. I could care less, we won't be eating sit down meals there anyway.

I was very pleased to hear they had extended hours at the AK that starts the first day of our trip and commented on it, but outside of that, I don't believe there's been anything positive announced since we booked that has any effect on our trip at all in a positive way. It's just an hour, but I'm thrilled at this point to get anything.

Speaking of which---- we went to AK today-- for the life of me, I can not understand why the park closes so early !!! The park is so beautiful at dusk (and after) --- was shocked to be able to ride "FoP" today--- its our fave, and were dreading what the wait time was going to be-- posted at 105 mins---- took around 40--- KS was 40 --- took around 30--- Dinosaur and ITTBAG were both around 15-20 mins--- (btw, the Dinosaur preshow was back, as others have mentioned--- it was just too bad that you could hardly hear the video !! )

A few other things---- still dont know why they cant get "Pizzafari" back open? Is it a staffing issue? Are they leaving it closed permanently? I mention it because it seemed like every single booth/kiosk was closed ! And Ive noticed this a lot with AK, even pre-covid. Also, went to get some tickets to play some games at Dino-Rama- It was 5:50PM, and we were told to hurry up, because they close at 6PM--- an hour before the already short park closing of 7PM--- and three of the booths/games were already closed.

I love AK so much, but I feel like Disney is letting it go, if that makes sense--- I mean, its not like Epcot with major rehab going on--- its just a lack of upkeep.

Luckily, made up the day with the most amazing dinner at "Kona", followed by a really peaceful viewing (with music) of HEA near the Poly pool--- !!

Speaking of which---- we went to AK today-- for the life of me, I can not understand why the park closes so early !!! The park is so beautiful at dusk (and after) ---

...I mention it because it seemed like every single booth/kiosk was closed ! And Ive noticed this a lot with AK, even pre-covid...
I'd agree that booths being closed (and shrinking park hours) were getting worse before covid. We've always had trouble finding a place for a quick breakfast at both HS & AKL (if we didn't want table service).

We have visited mostly during easter and summer and I would say the thing that most impacts wait time, how crowds "feel", and how much we enjoy our day are park hours (outside FP+ because I haven't experienced the parks without that).

Thinking of my best park days, they actually occurred on days crowd levels were predicted as insane (or level 10) by the websites that predict those things. While it is incredibly crowded in the afternoon during easter, we tried during summer and found it as bad or worse even though the crowds should have "felt" lower. From my experience if you are getting to the park at 7am (EMH), and it's open until 12pm-2am, it is going to be a good day there, it really doesn't matter how many people are attending.

I checked the wait times at Hollywood Studios at 11:10 today and saw the combined wait time for Slinky, MF, Tower, RnR, and Mickey and Minnie was 8 hours and 20 minutes. This is insane. I guess you’re supposed to only do 6 attractions in one day or watch Muppet Vision 3D over and over again. I can’t believe they haven’t brought back FP by now and that we haven’t heard anything from insiders in well over a week.

I checked the wait times at Hollywood Studios at 11:10 today and saw the combined wait time for Slinky, MF, Tower, RnR, and Mickey and Minnie was 8 hours and 20 minutes. This is insane. I guess you’re supposed to only do 6 attractions in one day or watch Muppet Vision 3D over and over again. I can’t believe they haven’t brought back FP by now and that we haven’t heard anything from insiders in well over a week.
Right!!! Insane!! And add an extra hour and half if you want to do TSMM and aliens as both were over 40 mins when I looked a little bit ago! We are going in October and at this rate I’m worried that there still won’t be fp+ by then and I’m not sure I can handle this madness!!!

THIS. I just looked at tickets to Universal vs WDW for the week of August 2nd for 3 adults.

5 day 2-park with park-to-park access at Universal $1217.26 or $405.75 per person.

To be fair, the US/IOA 2 Park AP starts at $345 up to $449.

So a 5 day for $405 probably pushes many into AP, esp ones costing less.

But really agree on the Express costing a lot.

Is anyone with trips in the next few weeks contacting Disney to express their disappointment? I booked this trip 6 months ago, I was not expecting things to be a sh*t show at Disney when I booked. And now it is too late to cancel.
I am supposed to be going in mid-August but am considering canceling daily. I emailed guest services to voice my concerns. They called me...basically to listen, but this cast member did say that while the lines are long, because they "move" due to no FP, they don't feel as long. But, they did also say they completely understand why I might not want to come this summer. That's it. Wasn't very encouraging.

It tough right now and I am not looking forward to my Nov trip like I thought I would be (outside of RunDisney). FP+ is not coming back in its old form, I think thats pretty obvious at this point. I dont mind wiating for rides or even paying for fastpass (like Disneyland) but all we can do is sit here and wait for the to tell us how munch money it will cost.

Disney likely knows and probably have the mountains of data to back it up that when it comes to their most loyal visitors, they have them regardless of what they do. They've changed so many things over the years (be it with their price increases, changes to how they try to manage crowds, their transporation, dining experiences etc. etc.) that many times prompt a "That's it. This time I'm done." And I'd wager that for a small few that ends up being true, but for the vast majority of fanatics they keep going back.

Maybe I'm wrong and it'll be different this time with this new round of changes being done and long-term they will be hurt, but if I were a betting man I'm not betting against the mouse.
Exactly this! There are new families out there developing their love of Disney all the time. Maybe, for some, the magic diminishes over time, but new generations fill those spots as life continues. In general, people don't like change. I would like FP+ back for sure because then I know I can get onto those rides I love without the stress of long, boring waits. And I can't stand for that long. But...I am a big fan, and I didn't start going until later in life. I just figure out how to continue to afford it and enjoy it, including my upcoming trip in December. I am hoping the force will be on my side...LOL!

I agree! I mean, I like theme parks in general, but I go to WDW for the magic of Disney. They don’t have the most intense rollercoasters (I’d go to Six Flags or Cedar Point for that). But they have an element no one else has, and something that I think is still there, despite everything.
Yup, this is me! I don't do big, scary rides. I love the theme rides, after all that's what Disney is all about. I do love Hogwarts, and it is perhaps the only thing I enjoy at Universal. I really don't do big rides. For me Universal is a day or two at the most.

It tough right now and I am not looking forward to my Nov trip like I thought I would be (outside of RunDisney). FP+ is not coming back in its old form, I think thats pretty obvious at this point. I dont mind wiating for rides or even paying for fastpass (like Disneyland) but all we can do is sit here and wait for the to tell us how munch money it will cost.
Exactly, how much is it going to cost? Please, please do something at the very least for Oct. 1st!

Yup, this is me! I don't do big, scary rides. I love the theme rides, after all that's what Disney is all about. I do love Hogwarts, and it is perhaps the only thing I enjoy at Universal. I really don't do big rides. For me Universal is a day or two at the most.

Yeah, Harry Potter world is the one thing I want to do at Universal. I do like big rollercoasters, but whenever I’ve gone to Six Flags, I’ve always thought it felt grimy. I do want to go to Cedar Point (it’s just really out of the way for us).

But Disney is just different than any other theme park I’ve ever been to. I had a great time at Universal when I went with my family as a teenager, but it doesn’t hold the magic that Disney does, at least for me.

I hated those long lines and then on and off the ride in a few minutes for the most part. I loved fast pass+. To be able to do your favorite rides and casually enjoy the parks and eating was such a pleasure. Who wants to wait an hour and a half for Peter Pan but then who doesn't want to do it? But now we must pay for it along with the high price of everything else? Also how does it work in terms of how many they will sell? Lets say everybody wants to buy it and we know Disney fans will pay crazy amounts for everything. I assume they'll have to put a cap on it or else the fast pass line won't be very fast. I once had to wait 45 minutes on Fast Pass for Splash Mountain but maybe it had broken down earlier in the day.
Maybe there will be a combination of the first 3 fast passes free and additional ones you pay for? There's no going back to those eternal waits for me. Not even for Tron or Ratatouille.

I hated those long lines and then on and off the ride in a few minutes for the most part. I loved fast pass+. To be able to do your favorite rides and casually enjoy the parks and eating was such a pleasure. Who wants to wait an hour and a half for Peter Pan but then who doesn't want to do it? But now we must pay for it along with the high price of everything else? Also how does it work in terms of how many they will sell? Lets say everybody wants to buy it and we know Disney fans will pay crazy amounts for everything. I assume they'll have to put a cap on it or else the fast pass line won't be very fast. I once had to wait 45 minutes on Fast Pass for Splash Mountain but maybe it had broken down earlier in the day.
Maybe there will be a combination of the first 3 fast passes free and additional ones you pay for? There's no going back to those eternal waits for me. Not even for Tron or Ratatouille.

From what I’ve read, Genie will do a couple things:

1. Give you proposed itineraries based on preferences that you give it. So you’ll say, “I want to go on these rides and eat at these restaurants.” The app will say, “you should do it in this order.”

2. Allocate “wishes” to you. Those wishes can be essentially FP+, prioritized dining reservations, priority fireworks/parade viewing, etc. According to the various Disney blogs, off-site guests will get maybe 1 wish per day. On-site guests will get more, with deluxe resort guests probably getting more than moderate and value resort guests. Then you can purchase additional wishes.

Genie may be able to take your wishes into account; I’m not sure how that will work. Certainly once you redeem your wishes, I imagine it’ll update your proposed itinerary.

Reading all your posts about the current experience at WDW leaves me questioning why anyone would go under these circumstances.

A lot of folks have been in the basement for over a year, so I can see many of them still going.

Also we live 3 miles away and have AP, you can't understand us going even simply to grab a bite and watch HEA or for F&W?

From what I’ve read, Genie will do a couple things:

1. Give you proposed itineraries based on preferences that you give it. So you’ll say, “I want to go on these rides and eat at these restaurants.” The app will say, “you should do it in this order.”

2. Allocate “wishes” to you. Those wishes can be essentially FP+, prioritized dining reservations, priority fireworks/parade viewing, etc. According to the various Disney blogs, off-site guests will get maybe 1 wish per day. On-site guests will get more, with deluxe resort guests probably getting more than moderate and value resort guests. Then you can purchase additional wishes.

Genie may be able to take your wishes into account; I’m not sure how that will work. Certainly once you redeem your wishes, I imagine it’ll update your proposed itinerary.
OK, this sounds terrible to me. I don't want a supposed genie or anyone else other than me planning my day. If WDW is interested in wishes, please bring back the Wishes fireworks.

OK, this sounds terrible to me. I don't want a supposed genie or anyone else other than me planning my day. If WDW is interested in wishes, please bring back the Wishes fireworks.
Absolutely agree... For me, its sad because the planning is more than half the fun; however, I do think the majority of people would prefer this to the pre-covid process which was complicated and convoluted (which I loved lol)_.

Absolutely agree... For me, its sad because the planning is more than half the fun; however, I do think the majority of people would prefer this to the pre-covid process which was complicated and convoluted (which I loved lol)_.

We don’t yet know that it removes the planning process. To me, it sounds similar to Touring Plans. You tell it what park, what date and hours you plan to be in the parks and what you want to accomplish (attractions, entertainment, dining) and then it recommends an optimized plan. I’d wager you can also go back in and say “No. I wanted to do A first, then B” and it will reoptomize. Totally guesswork on my part, but they’d essentially be “copying” a successful business model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter