• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Start Radiation Tomorrow

WLfan

I'm so tired of waiting for this thing to change t
Tomorrow I start my radiation treatment for thyriod cancer. I was okay until today. Now I'm starting to get nervorus. :scared: Thank goodness for the DIS! I can pretend I'm back in Disney again! :wizard:

:hug: Sending you some prayers and good thoughts.

You have my thoughts and prayers as well.

Just close your eyes & pretend the machine is taking you on your favourite WDW ride...

Kathy -- I had no idea! Have you mentioned this previously? Anyway, how long will your treatments be? Will you be able to have the treatments while working? I know you're a teacher...which I'm sure can be very tiring so take care of yourself girl! Best wishes to you -- you'll be in my thoughts and prayers. :goodvibes

Kathy, as a cancer victor, 2 years 4 months cancer free and counting, I can tell you cancer S*CKS. But think of your radiation this way, at least you aren't showing your bare backside to people you don't know for 5 days a weeks for 5 weeks ;) . I had rectal cancer and had 5 weeks of chemo and radiation before I had my surgery. You will start to get tired after a week or two. Just go with the flow. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

You and I can start our own Dis Unplugged Cancer Victors club. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Kim

Tomorrow I start my radiation treatment for thyriod cancer. I was okay until today. Now I'm starting to get nervorus. :scared: Thank goodness for the DIS! I can pretend I'm back in Disney again! :wizard:

Kathy

I had no idea either.....I am sorry to hear yo have to go thru this...BUT..stay strong and have faith.

Someone mentioned you are a teacher...what do you teach? I was Special Ed. for 16+ years in MA(now retired):cool1:

I don't even know you, but your post brought tears to my eyes. My prayers and thoughts are with you. I know it's easy to say, but be positive. Just think you need to get better for your next WDW trip. My family and I are leaving on our first WDW adventure on Friday. I'll be thinking about you. :hug:

Thank you for all of the good thoughts and prayers. It means a lot to me.

Because it's thyroid cancer, the radiation is actually a pill. I go tomorrow for blood work and a shot, Tuesday I go for a small dose of radiation, Wednesday is the big day. I do a body scan (nervous) and the actual full dose via pill. I'll actually be radioactive so I can't be around anyone for 24 hours and then arms length away for 4 days. Unfortuantely, this means that as of Wednesday I can't go home. I have a 21 month-old. Try telling her to stay arms length away! Luckily, a friend of the family has an apt in Manhattan that they don't always use. I'll be staying there for 5 days. Then back to the hospital for a body scan again. It's hard to have to do this alone and I'm going to miss my baby! I've never been away from her for so long. At least the hard part (the surgery) is done. I did that June 30.

Calypso -- I will be out of work for the next week and a half probably.

Kim -- Does it make you so tired that you can't work?

Marianna -- I teach high school social studies, but my Mom taught Special Ed for many years.

Oh I wish I lived closer to you! I'd happily help you out if I could! I've never experienced cancer personally so I can't even relate to what you're going through, but I know you need support! Hang in there...we'll all be thinking of you! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter