• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stars Wars strategy??

pmurphy713

<font color=purple>Will miss the Gourmet Pantry...
My DD (17) is a rabid Star Wars fan and absolutely loved SWW last year. This year she is very interested in getting to see Billy Dee Williams. We have always just done the pix and autographs of the costumed characters before, so just had to get in line. Need some advice for how early to get in line to get a FP to get his autograph and picture. How many FP's are issued? Are they for much later in the day?

Any advice is appreciated, would really love to be able to make this happen for her!

People were in line at 11pm after Fantasmic ended. I saw them as I was leaving.

OT - but so happy to hear a kiddo that likes original trilogy!!!! Kids these days, they're all about I, II, or III. Ugh. (That was me being a grumpy old lady........kids today, grumble, grumble)

Tell her Good Luck! Excited for her!

She and her BF both LOVE the three originals. They can discuss in detail all six, but III, IV and V and their favorites! I agree, those three are definitely the best!:thumbsup2

Next question ...... does anyone have any idea how man FP per character are given out??

She and her BF both LOVE the three originals. They can discuss in detail all six, but III, IV and V and their favorites! I agree, those three are definitely the best!:thumbsup2

Next question ...... does anyone have any idea how man FP per character are given out??

No FastPasses for characters, only celebrities. These are distinct experiences at SWW with completely different strategies.

OK, so I guess my question should have been ...... does anyone know how many fast passes per celebrity are given out???

Sorry, I'm no help. I just wanted to say, "Holy Cow!" People are staying all night for these fastpasses? I'm a fan but I can't say I'd ever stay up all night for a chance at a celebrity fastpass.

Good luck to you!

Thanks, Kerri! I'm not at all sure that we will be willing to spend the night for the fastpasses either! I wouldn't mind several hours, but don't think that we would really be able to enjoy the day if we stay out all night. I guess we will just try to take our chances. :goodvibes

Strategy? Use the force, avoid Darth Vader and stay home already... That strategy should work like a charm...!!

If that doesn't work, jump the line and tell em' DisneyDorx sent ya!

This will be the 2nd time that Billy Dee Williams will have done SWW so his line will fill up fast. When I did this I got there at 4:30-ish AM and got stand-by. If the line goes past the security check-in point then you're in the gray area of getting a guaranteed fast pass. But he's not a huge chatty person so a lot of the stand by's got through; I didn't stay past to see if walk ups made it.

As for how many fast passes are given out; I can only estimate using Warwick Davis from this past wknd and my experience; his 9:45 AM slot lasted till 10:45. I estimated 10 people in 10 minutes. My daughter had the very last stand by #23 and she was signing with Warwick at 10:35-ish. He took the walk ups till about 10:50-ish AM. There were 2 sessions he did that day.

Well I'm glad I saw this! I was planning on taking my 9 year old to line up early for Billy Dee Williams, but I doubt she (or I) are dedicated enough to line up 3 hours earlier and wait all night! Any idea what we can expect for Peter Mayhew?

Thanks Karpkg, that is great information! Do you by any chance remember what time they start handing out the fastpasses?

DisneyDorx - I'll be sure to use your second suggestion. Can you come and stand by us so they can be mad at you when we jump line??? :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter