Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker discussion thread (*** now contains spoilers ***)

Status
Not open for further replies.
TROS had a better Monday than TLJ did 29 million vs. 20 million.

It was Xmas week vs not Xmas week, so the 1st weekdays won't be that helpful to compare...and nor will the 2nd set of weekdays:)...just a different release schedule will make for difficult comparisons...

My 8 year old son loved the movie. That made me happy. I thought it was ok.

Looking back on the sequel trilogy, I think they made a basic mistake with the whole set up of the trilogy. Rogue One is my favorite of the Disney Star War movies, but it and Solo should have been put on the back burner. Those two movie slots should have been used to focus on Rey, Finn and Poe.
The first movie of trilogy should have focused on what was going with the OT characters and a actually back story on the First Order/how we got to where we are now. Then instead of Rogue One we should have got a movie that introduces us to Rey, Finn and Poe really developing their characters. The second of the trilogy starts the crossover with Rey coming into the storyline. Then instead of Solo you have another movie focusing on the new characters and have a character or two from the OT involved. Then the third movie of the trilogy brings everyone together sort of Avengers style to defeat the enemy.

I just think this needed more films to develop the characters and develop the storylines. Just too many characters and too many story points for 3 movies.

Spot on and would add IMO the chemistry between the actors was missing. Also Kylo looks nothing like Solo or Leia.

My 8 year old son loved the movie. That made me happy. I thought it was ok.

Looking back on the sequel trilogy, I think they made a basic mistake with the whole set up of the trilogy. Rogue One is my favorite of the Disney Star War movies, but it and Solo should have been put on the back burner. Those two movie slots should have been used to focus on Rey, Finn and Poe.
The first movie of trilogy should have focused on what was going with the OT characters and a actually back story on the First Order/how we got to where we are now. Then instead of Rogue One we should have got a movie that introduces us to Rey, Finn and Poe really developing their characters. The second of the trilogy starts the crossover with Rey coming into the storyline. Then instead of Solo you have another movie focusing on the new characters and have a character or two from the OT involved. Then the third movie of the trilogy brings everyone together sort of Avengers style to defeat the enemy.

I just think this needed more films to develop the characters and develop the storylines. Just too many characters and too many story points for 3 movies.

Dh just started playing Fallen Order and he seems to like it.

So, who has seen Rise of Skywalker >1 time? We are going for our second showing Christmas afternoon. It's our family tradition to see a movie on Christmas day and I'm happy to get a second crack at it!

Three times so far, with a possible 4th by the end of the weekend!

Why is Finn so hesitant to say he is force sensitive. This just doesn’t make sense to me maybe I’m missing something. And why don’t they answer it in the movie but then go out their way to answer it on Twitter. The whole thing is just doesn’t make sense.
One thing to remember is that int he Star Wars galaxy The Force kinda freaks people out, especailly those with no real understanding of it. At this point in the timeline as well there are very few Force users around. Finn probably want's to talk to Rey about it but doesn't want anyone else to know.

This video popped up in my suggestions on YouTube a few days ago. Considering it was made BEFORE The Last Jedi came out, I'm pretty impressed. I had never considered the Palpatine theory before.

ROS did over $20mil on Tues and approx. $35mil Yesterday. Total box office world wide over $500mil. So I guess fans are enjoying the movie more than the critics, surprise I am not.

So I’m just replaying the movie in my head and listening to sappy music... so I feel like throwing down some thoughts.

I loved seeing Han again - I loved his heart to heart with Ben and that they had closure. To me, that father/son moment was so special. Yes, I cried.

No one mentioned Lando’s return!! I was happy to see him!!! He’s got that smooth voice - I love when he talks to Chewie! It’s always in an upbeat happy tone. I think he’s a great character!!

I thought the Rey and Kylo fight by the water was epic!!! I cried at the end of that part too, but no surprise there.

I know everyone was like W T F is Palpatine doing here, but I screamed!! I was excited to see him!! My DS always liked him. We’d walk around the house saying ‘Good... Gooooddd!!!!’ I don’t care how he got there, I liked that they brought him back. I’m happy he got zapped again in the face. I called it. DS was proud of me.

So my DD (11) confided in me that she thought it was one of the saddest movies she’s ever seen. She loved it so much and that she has a new ‘Celebrity Crush.’ Like mother, like daughter!8-):poop:

That’s all I got right now. Sorry for my nonsensical rambling.

Thought I’d also mention my cat’s name is Kylo Ren. He’s the one on the left. Notice he’s mostly white with only a little black? I think that says a lot. 😆

D8D5B67F-90E7-4874-9786-8A5200B51067.jpeg

So I’m just replaying the movie in my head and listening to sappy music... so I feel like throwing down some thoughts.

I loved seeing Han again - I loved his heart to heart with Ben and that they had closure. To me, that father/son moment was so special. Yes, I cried.

No one mentioned Lando’s return!! I was happy to see him!!! He’s got that smooth voice - I love when he talks to Chewie! It’s always in an upbeat happy tone. I think he’s a great character!!

I thought the Rey and Kylo fight by the water was epic!!! I cried at the end of that part too, but no surprise there.

I know everyone was like W T F is Palpatine doing here, but I screamed!! I was excited to see him!! My DS always liked him. We’d walk around the house saying ‘Good... Gooooddd!!!!’ I don’t care how he got there, I liked that they brought him back. I’m happy he got zapped again in the face. I called it. DS was proud of me.

So my DD (11) confided in me that she thought it was one of the saddest movies she’s ever seen. She loved it so much and that she has a new ‘Celebrity Crush.’ Like mother, like daughter!8-):poop:

Thought I’d also mention my cat’s name is Kylo Ren. He’s the one on the left. Notice he’s mostly white with only a little black? I think that says a lot. 😆

View attachment 460608

Kylo Ren is Gorgeous - Kylo Ren the cat that is. ;)

View attachment 460608

I am kinda with you regarding Palpatine ... Like who cares the intricacies of how he came back - it's a movie univers with space wizards with glow swords. Let's just trust there is a way he can come back and go with it and enjoy it!

I am kinda with you regarding Palpatine ... Like who cares the intricacies of how he came back - it's a movie univers with space wizards with glow swords. Let's just trust there is a way he can come back and go with it and enjoy it!

My BIL was over yesterday (he’s a Star Wars fan also), so I asked what he thought of the movie. He said he hated it. We got in a heated debate. He made that one particular argument that we stated above, among others. I told him he’s looking WAY too deep into things. The points he was making or referring to were a moot point. I thought he sounded like a fool. Never inviting him for Christmas again.

I agree with the first part of your statement - human Kylo, though 😂

Oh, hey, no doubt for those who like a male specimen like that. I prefer the cat though. They're both beautiful and so fluffy!

I actually do respect that Adam Driver has this more old-fashioned muscular look - that barrel-chested thing as opposed to that very sculpted, "back-abs" having type that most stars seem to have these days.

Well, I disagree - I think it was to show she was going to head back down the path Luke was going down by Like had learned that wasn't the right way - that he was acting out of fear (and we all know what that leads to) - so he was there to teach that lesson to Rey just like Yoda did to him in TLJ

But it's a movie, we don't have to see it the same way

Sorry been slacking, the other thing was if Luke wrapped and carefully protected and tucked Leia's light saber away-he must think respect should be given.

Last edited:
Oh, hey, no doubt for those who like a male specimen like that. I prefer the cat though. They're both beautiful and so fluffy!

I actually do respect that Adam Driver has this more old-fashioned muscular look - that barrel-chested thing as opposed to that very sculpted, "back-abs" having type that most stars seem to have these days.

My cats are super fluffy!! Kylo is extra lovey, Noelle is a typical girl.

I thought he looked just as good with his shirt on, too!! Muscles aren’t everything, but definitely nice to look at. 😉

81B45979-439B-4EEF-95EF-DF712D79C905.jpeg

We are SO off topic! Sorry everyone😂

Agreed. For me they needed a reason Rey was so powerful. She goes from a 10 minute TLJ scene showing she's a nobody, and Kylo explaining she's a nobody to a Palpatine? Couple that with the child labor kid moving a broom (showing anyone can cook...I mean use the force) at the end, and they needed a correction IMO. When she sends lightening it became clear she was more than portrayed, and I was able to swallow that.

I liked him being back much more than I thought I would. But I want to know if he is actually dead now, or will they just keep bringing him back whenever they need to fix a story line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter