Star Wars shows - for adults?

Pdollar88

DIS Veteran
Hello!

I'm revising my touring plan to include as much Star Wars as possible and remove some of the princess shows I just saw on my solo trip. It's my bf's first trip and I picked Hollywood Studios to visit first since it has a couple of adult rides, we don't have to rigidly plan since so much is closed, and he enjoys Star Wars.

Are all of the Star Wars shows marginally entertaining for adults? I'm side-eyeing the Trials of the Temple and Galaxy Far, Far Away shows. I'll probably do put them in the plan either way and just not spend the whole time watching if we don't like it, but what are people's thoughts?

The March of the First Order is awesome- and very short. Trials of the Temple is mildly interesting until they get to the part where every kid gets a turn with one of the villians. Watch it right before your Star Tours ride or while eating SW food from the Backlot so you save time. I haven’t seen the Galaxy show but have read it’s basically clips of the movie with some characters coming on stage. It’s not a show with a loose plot like the ones at the MK castle.

The galaxy show is ok for Star Wars fans. The fireworks show is really cool, and seeing the First Order march in is something. As for the Jedi training, it's cute to watch the kids take on the Sith, but I wouldn't go out of my way to schedule a viewing.

The first Star Wars films came out (and blew away everybody) when many current retirees were teens.

The Star Wars dessert party is good too, expensive, but good!

If your a Star Wars fan, try to get everything in, once. Put the films on low priority, but slip them in if you have time.

Thanks all! I worked everything into my plan. Even if it’s not too exciting and we wander off from some things, I think he’ll enjoy all the Star Wars stuff more than Voyage or Beauty and the Beast.

We enjoy the shows and I'm not even a Star Wars fan. We stopped and watched the Jedi training when we were there in December. We don't plan, we just wander around and do what we want to do, if we want to ride something we see if we can grab a FP if we can't we stand in line. I loved the Jedi training and so did my son who is 37. The kids are so cute and some of them very serious about it. I'm not a fan of the night time show, it relies heavily on projections and I'm height challenged, the two times I've tried to watch it we got great spots and both times very tall men rammed themselves in front of me about 5 min. before the show.

I would also suggest launch bay. Some really great stuff for Star Wars fans in there, including meet and greets, which I normally don't do. But meeting Chewbacca and BB-8 was pretty awesome! If you are really into Star Wars and don't mind making the trip, the virtual reality experience at The Void in DS is EXCELLENT. We were unsure when we booked it but enjoyed it so much we did it again the next day.

I would also suggest launch bay. Some really great stuff for Star Wars fans in there, including meet and greets, which I normally don't do. But meeting Chewbacca and BB-8 was pretty awesome! If you are really into Star Wars and don't mind making the trip, the virtual reality experience at The Void in DS is EXCELLENT. We were unsure when we booked it but enjoyed it so much we did it again the next day.

Yes to LB. Chewie was fun. I was totally opposed to meeting BB8 because i thought it would be lame but he is much more interactive than I would have guessed so we enjoyed it. Kylo Ren was much better than I expected too. I’m not really a fan but I called him Ben so he tried to be all menacing (which actually he kind of was). My kids thought it was hilarious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter