• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars Launch Bay post Galaxy's Edge

iMadHatter

Mouseketeer
I'm in the process of making touring plans for my August trip. I haven't been to Tomorrowland since 2003. Is Star Wars Launch Bay worth seeing at all, especially now that GE is open? Was it ever worth the trouble? :)

It’s still there and it’s still worth doing if you’re a Star Wars fan. Launch Bay = character meet & greets and movie props on display. Galaxy Edge: immersive themed land with interactive rides, experiences & foods. They’re very different as one is a peek behind the scenes of the Star Wars movies and one is like playing make believe to step into the world/movies yourself.

I went in this weekend and there were maybe 5 people total in the whole attraction....no wait to meet characters

That's really great news! I almost scrapped it from our plans when I saw on another website that it typically has 90 minute waits for the characters.

That's really great news! I almost scrapped it from our plans when I saw on another website that it typically has 90 minute waits for the characters.
Umm, I don’t think that has ever been true. That’s ridiculous. There was a time when a 40-minute wait was fairly common, but they don’t have the space for a 90-minute queue.

I guess you can't believe everything you read on the internet, even when it comes from websites that claim they have the most up to date information on Disneyland! I'm so happy I found this forum- it is seriously saving me so much! Thank you all for your help with this Disneyland planning noob!

Launch Bay has always been worth it for the a/c alone! :) The M&Gs are great. And we love taking a break in there to look at the props and memorabilia inside the cases. Also, there is a little shop set up with SWGE merchandise and a place to order personalized phone cases.

I guess you can't believe everything you read on the internet, even when it comes from websites that claim they have the most up to date information on Disneyland! I'm so happy I found this forum- it is seriously saving me so much! Thank you all for your help with this Disneyland planning noob!

This website and the people on it have been my go-to resource ever since before I started visiting DLR almost 8 years ago. Don't be shy to ask anything here; everyone is super helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter