Star Wars Hotel

I am just glad that I will never care to stay there. I am just trying to understand, do people like Star Wars as much as they like Walt Disney World?

Honestly, I’d say there are far more Star Wars fans worldwide than there are Disney fans, at least as far as the Theme parks go anyway.
Star Wars has been around for over 40 years and thanks to Disney will keep growing by leaps and bounds.
There are plenty of people who could care less about Disney who will be all over anything Star Wars related that Disney does.
When Star Wars Land opens the crowds are likely going to put anything else Disney Parks has done to shame. IMO they are doing this wrong...they should be building a 5th theme park in WDW that is 100 % Star Wars.

Zero interest in anything Star Wars or Marvel. I'm strictly classic Disney.

I can respect that.
Disney, in my opinion, is evolving. They want to keep the Classic Disney elements in place while adding things for the next generation and generations to come.
Some of us don’t want things to change, we like it the way it is or was.
Others enjoy the older things that remind us of our childhood, but love seeing new innovations and concepts that are leading the way into the future.

DH would love to stay there. I'm not much of a SW fan, but Disney doing SW is going to work out well for my family because I can get DH to go to DL more :)

Honestly, I’d say there are far more Star Wars fans worldwide than there are Disney fans, at least as far as the Theme parks go anyway.
Star Wars has been around for over 40 years and thanks to Disney will keep growing by leaps and bounds.
There are plenty of people who could care less about Disney who will be all over anything Star Wars related that Disney does.
When Star Wars Land opens the crowds are likely going to put anything else Disney Parks has done to shame. IMO they are doing this wrong...they should be building a 5th theme park in WDW that is 100 % Star Wars.

I agree but if I was a Star Wars fan that didn't care about Disney, I would simply book a cheap off site hotel, and then go hang out all day at the Star Wars hotel. Disney has no policies in place that prevent this.

I agree but if I was a Star Wars fan that didn't care about Disney, I would simply book a cheap off site hotel, and then go hang out all day at the Star Wars hotel. Disney has no policies in place that prevent this.

Are you sure? They way its been described says differently. I have read its 100% immersive down to a costume. I don't think they are going to want "Outlanders" hanging around.

Are you sure? They way its been described says differently. I have read its 100% immersive down to a costume. I don't think they are going to want "Outlanders" hanging around.

We will have to wait for more details but I doubt very much the hotel will require guests to wear Star Wars costumes. And even if they do, so what? People staying at offsite hotels can still have their own Star Wars costume in their luggage. Just change into it and go to hotel.

We will have to wait for more details but I doubt very much the hotel will require guests to wear Star Wars costumes. And even if they do, so what? People staying at offsite hotels can still have their own Star Wars costume in their luggage. Just change into it and go to hotel.

If they let you in. It has been described as a per day cost above that of the room cost for the extra experience.

Its not going to be like a normal Disney property where those not staying are allowed to visit.

Sorry, but I'm betting there is a vetting policy - otherwise the whole place will be overrun, and the people paying for the experience will be very pissed off. Pissed off people give bad reviews, make tons of trouble, and it's not the way Disney runs things.

I would be willing to bet that you won't be allowed to enter the hotel if you are not a registered guest. We shall see.

I would be willing to bet that you won't be allowed to enter the hotel if you are not a registered guest. We shall see.
That's my understanding. Only guests staying at the resort are permitted on the property. And I also understand that all guests staying there must wear a space suit while on site. Don't know how this will work if you're going to say, DAK for the day. Many rumors out there...

It's nice in theory but how would they control the flow? Manually checking room cards? Seems unnecessarily obnoxious to people who are actually staying at the hotel.

And what about the restaurants/bars? Only limited to hotel guests?

It's nice in theory but how would they control the flow? Manually checking room cards? Seems unnecessarily obnoxious to people who are actually staying at the hotel.

Oh they will find a way. Think of it like a cruise ship. If you ain't booked on it you ain't getting on board to poke around or enjoy the amenities. That's what I think will happen. Again...we will have to wait and see.

Because once you’re in, that’s it for two days. The only place you’re going outside the hotel is Star Wars Land, which you’ll enter into through a private special entrance. It is an all immersive, all inclusive, VERY EXPENSIVE, experience.

1. It's nice in theory but how would they control the flow? Manually checking room cards? Seems unnecessarily obnoxious to people who are actually staying at the hotel.

2. And what about the restaurants/bars? Only limited to hotel guests?

1. With their magic bands like at any park entrance.

2. Yes

I didn't know that....I didn't know your stay there was restricted to the Star Wars area of DHS and no other parks. Now it's becoming clearer how this would work. Another rumor I've heard is that rooms start at $1000 per night.

I didn't know that....I didn't know your stay there was restricted to the Star Wars area of DHS and no other parks. Now it's becoming clearer how this would work. Another rumor I've heard is that rooms start at $1000 per night.
$1000 per person per night. But until pricing is announced, no one knows for sure.

Here are my the Blue Sky thoughts on how it works. (Its the DIS this is my right :) )

If you get there by car you be sent to some special area of what ever parking lot makes sense and there would be some sort of way station. Think a more futuristic TTC, TTC Mk2. ME buses would also unload here. You would check in like for a flight, those driving in would check their luggage, ME guests wouldn't worry about it.

At this TTC Mk 2 you would get your costume/persona. This part is a little weird even for even me a semi Star War's fan from 1975. You would then board something that made it appear that you left earth and are "somewhere else". Here you would be directed to your quarters, aka your room, to do want normal people would do after they check in.

You then are mostly locked in with all your meals sort of pre planned, think cruise ship. You can visit the cantena and listen to the band, etc. Maybe a Bippity Boppity Boo package to get bagel hair. ;)

After maybe a 3 day 2 night stay everything works in reverse.

For me it all makes sense except the coplay part. Staying there is one thing but dressing up is another. Like do you have to pay extra for a Jedi Knight or Storm Trooper upgrade because EVERYONE would want to be those guys? And who wants to wear that amour for three days. :)

For me it all makes sense except the coplay part. Staying there is one thing but dressing up is another. Like do you have to pay extra for a Jedi Knight or Storm Trooper upgrade because EVERYONE would want to be those guys? And who wants to wear that amour for three days. :)

I sure hope they aren't recycling those costumes. Have no interest in wearing someone else's sweaty, farted in, clothes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter