Star Wars Hotel Pricing

Does is it say when you return to Earth? Guests could wake up oncheck out day and be in orbit around earth and get breakfast before landing? I asked because the website features a nighttime picture of SGE and mentions a finale 10-11pm on night 2.

Attachments

• A0E8FE73-2F83-4BDC-BE30-CB4C681E4684.png
    A0E8FE73-2F83-4BDC-BE30-CB4C681E4684.png
    55.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 69AE29EF-00F2-4D0F-B625-BF6EEF12856B.png
    69AE29EF-00F2-4D0F-B625-BF6EEF12856B.png
    151 KB · Views: 13

The comments about telling y'all's kids "no" are amusing to me. My husband is the one who is dead set on going. We haven't decided if the kids will join us, or if we want to share our cabin at all. Probably not. Probably DH and I will go alone, and he will love it so much that he insists on bringing the kids back.

Yeah, it's expensive, but Disney is always expensive. I was actually thinking more alone the lines of $7000 for a full cabin, which is pretty close to the estimates. Granted, they're estimating the end of August. I would not be surprised if the prices double during other times of year.

My husband doesn't particularly like Disney, so if this gets him back there with me, then so be it.

Does is it say when you return to Earth? Guests could wake up oncheck out day and be in orbit around earth and get breakfast before landing? I asked because the website features a nighttime picture of SGE and mentions a finale 10-11pm on night 2.
Yeah, I don't think they put enough thought into the photo they included. That's a wonderful nighttime shot, but it's not likely to happen during the cruise. I have no inside knowledge, but I have a theory that the planned "finale" may get cancelled due to the totally unexpected circumstances this ship encounters while out.

As to the meal arrangements, yes they'll have breakfast for you on the final day (as well as shore excursion day). They'll have elaborate dinners in the evenings, and you'll get a voucher for food during the visit to SGE.

I think it will sell out for the first few weeks but fall off soon after. I don't see that many people spending $5k for 2 nights, even if it is all inclusive.

Sure they will. People pay over $5K for one day of line cutting in the parks with a plaid. Lots of people with money to burn, plus lots of SW geeks that will do it no matter what the price. Many of them pay $5K just for their cosplay outfits.

This is my guess. You're free to leave at any time, but you're paying for everything and they probably won't have busses running regularly.

Most of the people paying that much for 2 days probably not too concerned about missing their bus.

As some others have speculated, I suspect Disney has done their research and knows what they're doing with regards to pricing.

I would actually be tempted if my kids were in the 9-13yo range AND were huge star wars fans AND if they were more extroverted. It's sounds like such a unique experience and if anyone can make something like this work, it's likely Disney.

That said, I'm having trouble conceptualizing how this will actually work. Looking at the overview website, it seems marketed to families with mid-grade school children (and most rooms appear to have "bunk beds"), but I'm guessing there are a lot of star wars fans in their mid 30's through late 40's with no kids who'd also be interested in a fully immersive experience (maybe even a larger demographic than star wars fan families). I'm really not sure how well those two group's expectations for this will gel together.

Unless they break out the "trips" into two categories (i.e. an adults only booking vs a family booking), the target demographic for this seems limited to "super fan" families with kids between 7 and 13, who don't mind the handful of adult LARP'ers participating with them. Considering the pricing and number of rooms, maybe that's a large enough market. IDK.

Pretty big SW Fans and have little interest.
add in the cost and it is a hard no.

There isn’t anything outside of the hotel itself you can’t get/do for far cheaper and in time saving fashion that peaks interest

Wouldn't be the first time they misjudged public demand for a new attraction.

View attachment 600681

Touché :)

Still, I think there is a demographic that will fork over their money for this. At least initially. It's going to be very interesting to hear the reviews.

The cast member/guest ratio will need to be pretty high to make it work, with some very talented CM's (IMHO), so I can understand the price - assuming they deliver on the experience. I'm not sure they can, but I give them credit for trying something like this.

I heard about this Star Wars Resort and what I think Disney decided to do a Star Wars themed resort is because there is a lot of Star Wars fans and it has always been a dream of Disney to have a Star Wars resort and this resort is their dream come true. But I think a lot of people will pass the resort up when it opens because of it's high price and it will be Disney's weakest link of resorts. But what I think people will expect to see when they go to it is a Star Wars themed room with photos of Yoda Han Solo and Darth Vader and other characters on the walls and a Yoda or Chewbacca plushie sitting on a pillow on each bed. But I think once it's been open a year the prices will drop dramatically. But you can easily do the same thing at home and all you do is buy Star Wars themed bedding and posters and pop some Star Wars movies in your DVD player and you have a Star Wars room. But if they have breakfast with Star Wars characters that will also play a factor in the price as well

I heard about this Star Wars Resort and what I think Disney decided to do a Star Wars themed resort is because there is a lot of Star Wars fans and it has always been a dream of Disney to have a Star Wars resort and this resort is their dream come true. But I think a lot of people will pass the resort up when it opens because of it's high price and it will be Disney's weakest link of resorts. But what I think people will expect to see when they go to it is a Star Wars themed room with photos of Yoda Han Solo and Darth Vader and other characters on the walls and a Yoda or Chewbacca plushie sitting on a pillow on each bed. But I think once it's been open a year the prices will drop dramatically. But you can easily do the same thing at home and all you do is buy Star Wars themed bedding and posters and pop some Star Wars movies in your DVD player and you have a Star Wars room. But if they have breakfast with Star Wars characters that will also play a factor in the price as well

Did you read anything about the resort? You can defintely not "easily do the same thing at home". It is far more than bedding, posters, and some plushes.

My guess is that once the hardcore SW fans have gotten their fix, the “totally immersive” roleplay concept will not last. I’m a moderate SW fan and while I enjoy participating in things like Rotr, two days of that kind of thing constantly would be too much for me. So at some point I expect it to turn into a more standard pay-by-the-night very cool SW-themed hotel with proximity to DHS as a selling point, perhaps with occasional special two-night roleplay events along the lines of the existing model.

It's a simulated spaceship, not just a simple hotel with SW-themed rooms. I'm not a SW fan and can probably name 5 or 6 SW characters, yet I'm eager to go into this hotel. I won't be role-playing or participating in any task since I'm not familiar with the stories. It will be fun to explore the ship and observe other passengers. I will bring along my semi-interested husband and two apathetic teens.

... I'm not a SW fan and can probably name 5 or 6 SW characters, yet I'm eager to go into this hotel. I won't be role-playing or participating in any task since I'm not familiar with the stories. It will be fun to explore the ship and observe other passengers. I will bring along my semi-interested husband and two apathetic teens.

Haha, I love it!

... and it's what I'm having trouble wrapping my head around. Your teenagers are sure to get grouped with the 40 something super fan, the one who brought his own custom made lightsaber that he won't stop talking about, and who constantly corrects everyone on anything star wars related... Your kids are going to have a blast! :D

But yeah, I'd love to hang out there for a day/night, have some adult beverages and take the whole experience in. It's a little hard to justify it (or, almost impossible) with my not-so-interested wife and introverted teen and adult children.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter