Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend 2021 (April 15-18, 2021) - Now Virtual Only

I had a Safari glitch so by the time I got through, the half was sold out and only the Kessel+Half was available. So I ended up paying $70 more to add the virtual. I guess I'll use one of my last training runs for the virtual. After having signed up for this year's cancelled Star Wars and Wine and Dine, I'm still hopeful for a race in the Spring.

I don't know when exactly the 5k sold out, it was sometime between 5:30pm and 7:30 pm EST.

The Kessel+half may or may not have sold out, since the link to that race was inaccessible once the Kessel + Rival Challenge sold out.

It will be interesting to see what happens Tuesday with the reduced number of registrations, as historically this weekend has been the least popular of the rundisney race weekends.

I don't know when exactly the 5k sold out, it was sometime between 5:30pm and 7:30 pm EST.

The Kessel+half may or may not have sold out, since the link to that race was inaccessible once the Kessel + Rival Challenge sold out.

It will be interesting to see what happens Tuesday with the reduced number of registrations, as historically this weekend has been the least popular of the rundisney race weekends.

I know Kessel + half was available after the 5K sold out since I was still "in" the system and could see. I've since closed out though so I don't know if it ever did sell out for sure or not...my guess is no since people wouldn't have been able to access it unless they were already in like I was.

I know Kessel + half was available after the 5K sold out since I was still "in" the system and could see. I've since closed out though so I don't know if it ever did sell out for sure or not...my guess is no since people wouldn't have been able to access it unless they were already in like I was.

I just noticed they have a link at the bottom of the page now to the virtual run and the Kessel+Half. Neither are sold out yet.

Oops. I completely forgot about AP registration. I only had the 11th in my brain. Awesome. :rolleyes2

Did I miss the virtual half?

The spirit jerseys that I imagine were for 2020 are up on shopdisney, surprised nobody is talking about it. Pretty cool designs too!

I wondered if they might do this with the generic merchandise. Sadly, spirit jerseys are not for me lol

I could see them choosing to just use the same medals for 2020

Not sure that's going to happen because it seems like they were actually made - someone in Orlando put all of this year's medals on ebay. How they got them...I don't even want to know.

Oops. I completely forgot about AP registration. I only had the 11th in my brain. Awesome. :rolleyes2

Did I miss the virtual half?

No, you didn't miss the early sign-up for the virtual half. There are still slots open for that and the regular Kessel challenge (virtual + in-person half) on the AP sign-up page. Just follow the links via the AP benefits page.

I wasn't even thinking about races until I got a registration reminder email. I haven't done a runDisney race for 4 or 5 yrs. Is there a thread on here or can someone share a link that will show the probable course map for the 10k, start area, finish area? Also, the last time I registered for a race it was thru active.com.....is that still the case? Can I register me and both of my kids at the same time so we don't run into a case where only one or two of us gets in? Any tips and info are appreciated........I haven't done this in years and feel like a newb. TIA

I wasn't even thinking about races until I got a registration reminder email. I haven't done a runDisney race for 4 or 5 yrs. Is there a thread on here or can someone share a link that will show the probable course map for the 10k, start area, finish area? Also, the last time I registered for a race it was thru active.com.....is that still the case? Can I register me and both of my kids at the same time so we don't run into a case where only one or two of us gets in? Any tips and info are appreciated........I haven't done this in years and feel like a newb. TIA
Check out the pinned thread on top for registration information.

As for the 10K course the last couple years it has started at MK parking lot and ended at Epcot. We don’t know what will change yet with the pandemic. There have been rumors of course changes.

Sorry to say I'm taking a hard pass on all races until there's a vaccine out. My wife's got a compromised immune system, and my Orlando-based daughter has ordered us to stay home because it's a mess down there. I'm not risking our health.
Totally fair. I'm signing up with a gut feeling that there will be a vaccine available before then, but it's a gamble. If things aren't settled by then, it'll probably be cancelled but if not I'll have a tough decision to make.

Anyone care to venture a guess on whether or not AKL will be open for this particular race weekend?
We will be making a quick trip of this if we go. Probably just a long weekend bc of school. I'll have 2 park tickets leftover from our canceled trip from this March. Where do folks like to stay when it is for a short trip/long weekend for a race? We're usually value resort people bc we go to the parks first thing and stay till they close (and..you know....$$$$$). But this will be a shorter trip and we want to maximize our time since we rely on Dis transportation while we're there. Also, any word so far on whether or not we'll need to wear masks during the runs?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter