Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend 2021 (April 15-18, 2021) - Now Virtual Only

Just got an email through DVC that had a small section at the bottom with a date of 9/6 as the early registration date for 2021 SW races. Sunday seems like an odd day to have registration open...not sure if that's common or I've just never noticed. Maybe a typo? Still nothing on rD's website.
Yeah, I saw that too. I wonder if it is a typo and was supposed to be 8/6 - which was when early registration was/is supposed to be???

@MilesMouse beat me to sharing this.🤣 I caught that and was wondering as well. It is especially interesting as TAs have been selling the race for some time now. I wonder why such a long delay? I think it is a typo. Some of the links even lead to 2019 DVC info so I think this was a bit rushed.

Do we think the races will actually be in the parks or virtual from the get go? If it's all virtual, I can try for the Kessel Run this year!

Do we think the races will actually be in the parks or virtual from the get go? If it's all virtual, I can try for the Kessel Run this year!
Assume its in the parks for now, but I think we'll get a final decision on their plans (i.e. if they have to cancel WDW races) early next year, probably January.

Assume its in the parks for now, but I think we'll get a final decision on their plans (i.e. if they have to cancel WDW races) early next year, probably January.
Assuming they follow the same timeline as W&D which it’s hard to assume anything at this point
Marathon will be decided October ish
Princess November ish
SW January ish

To my mind it comes down to two things. We know about the initial reduced capacity for the previously registered 2021 races. If that capacity is low enough to feasibly pull off a live race weekend with distancing in place, et all, then I think they will do the same thing for Star Wars.

The second factor is the vaccine. If the reports of a vaccine available by late December/early January turn out to be correct, then they may hold the races live as planned.

What time does RunDisney open up the race sales on the 6th and 11th? I had 10 AM ET on my calendar, but that seems too late.

If the race turns into a virtual will Disney give us the option for a refund? I haven't paid attention to how it's been handled so far.

I am a passholder, BF is not. Does he have to wait to sign up on the 11th or am I able to add him with me on the 6th?

If the race turns into a virtual will Disney give us the option for a refund? I haven't paid attention to how it's been handled so far.

I am a passholder, BF is not. Does he have to wait to sign up on the 11th or am I able to add him with me on the 6th?
That is how they handled Wine and Dine so I would imagine so.

Technically yes your BF would have to wait until the 11th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter