Star Wars Half Marathon ** Check In ** January 14-17, 2016

as much as I want to stay on site - I doubt we will for Star Wars, torn between stovalls or park place mini suites - closer to parks or corrals?

How many races are you doing again? If more than one I vote closer to the corrals and expo. If only one, I vote closer to the parks.

I am debating between my old standby, Anaheim Plaza, and the Stovall's. Stovall's does have breakfast but the parking is more expensive. Not sure how good a breakfast it is or whether they would have anything available early enough on race day?
I dont know from experience but I read that Stovalls opens breakfast at 4am on race mornings for the runners. Ends at 10.

How many races are you doing again? If more than one I vote closer to the corrals and expo. If only one, I vote closer to the parks.

I am doing RC, hubby 5K and kid doing kid races -- so we are doing all the races, just not together! :-)
We did the walk one year (no racing) to and from the Clairon and that was brutal after walking around the parks all day, we didn't use the ART b/c we had a stroller and didn't want to unpack all the junk in the bottom to fold it up.

I am doing RC, hubby 5K and kid doing kid races -- so we are doing all the races, just not together! :-)
We did the walk one year (no racing) to and from the Clairon and that was brutal after walking around the parks all day, we didn't use the ART b/c we had a stroller and didn't want to unpack all the junk in the bottom to fold it up.

Oh yea...I definitely vote closer to the corrals and expo then!

Guys, don't forget that today is the last day to pre-order commemorative items for race weekend.

Does anyone know if the "tumbler" is going to be Tervis? Princess's tumbler says Tervis with the copyright logo on it, on rundisney, but it doesn't have that for SW.

Does anyone know if the "tumbler" is going to be Tervis? Princess's tumbler says Tervis with the copyright logo on it, on rundisney, but it doesn't have that for SW.
I haven't heard anything at all as to what it might be so I passed. I'm glad they finally have preorder merch like this but now I just wish they would give us a few more details about the items!

Hi All,

Just found this thread - haven't been on the dis in a number of years, but I am signed up to run the SW Half. I am coming to CA by myself as my kids are busy with sport and my dh has no interest. I am staying at the Hilton Garden Inn - couldn't rationalize on-site for just me. Looking forward to this.

I just found this thread! I've been following the one on the W.I.S.H. Events board. I still don't understand why they haven't created a runDisney board! The popularity seems to warrant it now. I and others have put that idea out there many times. Oh, well...

Glad I found another thread about this race! My sister and I are doing RC plus the 5K. DS10 is doing the 10K (his first!) and 5K. DD9 and DH are doing (walking??) the 5K. It will be quite the family affair, and we are pretty excited!! Kinda' wish they had some sort of designation for those doing 1/2 + 10K + 5K, come to think of it...

This is the first time DD and DS will be going to DL/DCA. 15 years since my sister and I have been to DL, and it will be a DCA first for us. LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!!

To our new additions, welcome to the thread!!

But did anyone else see runDisney's announcement this morning? A Star Wars race at Walt Disney World is officially happening!

To our new additions, welcome to the thread!!

But did anyone else see runDisney's announcement this morning? A Star Wars race at Walt Disney World is officially happening!
I saw it!

I ended up booking at Stovall's today. It will likely be just me, so I did not want to pay the big bucks to stay onsite. I prefer to stay closer to the parks (CCI, PVI and FFI), but would rather be closer to the start/finish line for this trip since I registered for the 5k and 10k.

My family is doing the 5K and then my daughter and I are doing the 10K. Our first attempt at 5K/10K will be the Avengers so I'm hoping it goes well. I need it to cool off in Arizona so we can get running outside again...

That is going to be awesome!! I was busy at work this morning, hop onto fb and see all the crazy talk and got so excited. :darth::darth::darth::darth::darth: I can't swing it next year since I already have my big travel race planned, but am looking at the various anniversary dates to see how soon I can get out there for this one.

I'm already out of doing a special coast to coast, but now I'll have to see if I can make another WDW trip so soon after W&D so I can get my hands on another inaugural medal ... Probably not going to happen though.

Star Wars - The Dark Side in Disney World?!?! AND there is a special Coast to Coast medal! Oh my poor wallet!

That's how I feel, except I won't be able to make it to the Dark Side race. I'd love to, but getting married the following month, so my PTO and money are going into that. Would be nice to be there for this one too. Maybe next time.

I'm already out of doing a special coast to coast, but now I'll have to see if I can make another WDW trip so soon after W&D so I can get my hands on another inaugural medal ... Probably not going to happen though.

yea I'm thinking maybe 2017 for me. Worst case scenario 2018. We'll see what happens. Just can't swing it for 2016 and the inaugural though.

It's a shame though, that they waited to announce it until after SW registration for Disneyland. A lot of people who may possibly have been interested in doing that inaugural run and coast to coast never even stood a chance unless they just went under the assumption that it was coming (which a lot of people had speculated, but with Disney who ever knows).

I'll just have to debate what I would rather do for 2017. I had originally planned to make that the year I run the full at WDW, as a way to celebrate my 30th birthday. But now that challenge sounds more appealing, lol. Especially since I know for sure I could actually complete it, whereas there's still a huge part of me that is pretty darn sure I could never actually finish a full marathon.

runDisney really does take all of my money. Sigh.

Star Wars - The Dark Side in Disney World?!?! AND there is a special Coast to Coast medal! Oh my poor wallet!
Just put in a fare-lock on a flight to Orlando. Now I have to speak to hubby and convince him that this is all a part of my special 50th birthday celebration - two Star Wars plus the DL Paris - Kessel Run and Coast to Chateau. That seems a good way to celebrate 50 years on earth.

Just put in a fare-lock on a flight to Orlando. Now I have to speak to hubby and convince him that this is all a part of my special 50th birthday celebration - two Star Wars plus the DL Paris - Kessel Run and Coast to Chateau. That seems a good way to celebrate 50 years on earth.
Good for you! :yay:

I did likewise- Ran the Disneyland HM for my 60th, and the San Diego HM for my 61st.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter