Star Wars Guided Tour

Rufus Reynolds

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if the “new” Star Wars Guided Tour is still 7 hours? Is there an approximate location where the tour ends? I’d like to plan starting at the end of the tour so I can get a better estimate of what FP+ slots I should try to get. I’m trying to squeeze in the popular rides and a show or two. I doubt it, but is it possible to do Fantasmic and still make the reserved viewing for Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular?

Does anyone know if the “new” Star Wars Guided Tour is still 7 hours? Is there an approximate location where the tour ends? I’d like to plan starting at the end of the tour so I can get a better estimate of what FP+ slots I should try to get. I’m trying to squeeze in the popular rides and a show or two. I doubt it, but is it possible to do Fantasmic and still make the reserved viewing for Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular?
As far as I know it is. We did this tour in May 2017. Was a total of 7 hours and ended with the Star Wars galactic Night spectacular. If you go to Fantasmic, you may miss the meet and greet with the Star Wars characters and if its a busy day have a hard time getting to the reserved area for the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular. We did FPs prior to the tour with no issue.

As far as I know it is. We did this tour in May 2017.
It changed significantly in Oct. The start time was changed to 8am. Because it concludes much earlier in the day, the dessert party is no longer included, so the tour portion doesn't end at the start of the party. SWaGS VIP viewing is still included, but you do that on your own if you're still at the park when it takes place.

It changed significantly in Oct. The start time was changed to 8am. Because it concludes much earlier in the day, the dessert party is no longer included, so the tour portion doesn't end at the start of the party. SWaGS VIP viewing is still included, but you do that on your own if you're still at the park when it takes place.
Ah. Thank you for clarifying. Definitely changed since we did it in May 2017. Wonder if the price was reduced?

Hi! I did the tour on Dec 29th. The tour ended after the 1:10pm session of JTA. If you didn’t have a child in JTA, you could have left after the 12:30pm showing of the A Galaxy Far, Far Away stage show.

I was just searching for an answer to this very question for this very reason. Decided to get this tour for DGD for her birthday next month but wasn't sure how long the tour lasts. Need to plan for FP at the end. This is exactly what I needed to know. Thanks for the info. We will have one in JTA
I think we'll make our first FP start at 1:15

Hi! I did the tour on Dec 29th. The tour ended after the 1:10pm session of JTA. If you didn’t have a child in JTA, you could have left after the 12:30pm showing of the A Galaxy Far, Far Away stage show.

Would you be willing to share your thoughts about the tour? I know it's a bit subjective, but I am wondering what makes the tour better/more fun than catching the included attractions on your own. I haven't seen a recent review.

We enjoyed the tour, glad we did it. But if I wasent going during the busy Christmas-NYE week, I don’t think I would have paid for this tour. I think you could rope drop efficiently and get just as much done. We enjoyed the VIP experience of bypassing the lines, not having to do the JTA dash, marching with the Stormtroopers and reserved area for the stage shows. The only let down (aside from cost—it’s a bit steep) was the reserved area for the SW fireworks. When we decided to do the tour, I placed some value on being in the reserved area for the SW fireworks during that time of year. That area is a huge disappointment for a paid viewing area. You are way too close to see the fireworks. But the CMs were great and entertaining.

We enjoyed the tour, glad we did it. But if I wasent going during the busy Christmas-NYE week, I don’t think I would have paid for this tour. I think you could rope drop efficiently and get just as much done. We enjoyed the VIP experience of bypassing the lines, not having to do the JTA dash, marching with the Stormtroopers and reserved area for the stage shows. The only let down (aside from cost—it’s a bit steep) was the reserved area for the SW fireworks. When we decided to do the tour, I placed some value on being in the reserved area for the SW fireworks during that time of year. That area is a huge disappointment for a paid viewing area. You are way too close to see the fireworks. But the CMs were great and entertaining.

Thank You for sharing!

Thank you for the info! Do you know which performance time for March of the First Order is part of the itinerary? I’m thinking of having my husband and son do the tour and would like to adjust the schedule for me and my daughter to be able to watch them March with the storm troopers and see my son in JTA. Thank you:)

So they don't have you in the old Dessert Party area? You are in with the current Dessert Party guests? Because yeah, that area is too close
When we were there on 12/29 I noticed they were roping off the old dessert party area, so I sort of thought maybe that's where the Tour guests viewed from. If not them, I wonder who does view from there?

I wonder if this will get changed once SWGE opens. Like right away. We're going in December and if it's open then, and they have expanded this tour, I would spend the $$ to get a better chance of getting my birthday boy through all of it.

Media was invited on the tour today to promote it. Several Disney sites and blogs were there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter