Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Upcharge or Add On Events Thread

My favorite add-ons are hard ticket events with limited ticket sales. If I'm going to fork over a chunk of change, I like to go for something that will reduce the overall crowd. Things like tours might take me to the front of the line, but the park itself can still be jam-packed, which isn't my favorite way to experience the park, VIP access or not. No matter how much the overall crowd levels grow, I will always still try to go when they are the lowest. So I love ways to be in the park with less total people.

Based on that preference, I am least likely to spend money on anything that simply gives me a better view of a show. Because I tend to avoid shows and go enjoy the lower crowd level in the rest of the park instead. :) Basically, wherever the crowd is, I go the opposite place. :)

At currently quoted price, just under $3,000. So, if you have a group of ten, that’s $300-ish a person. However, it has to be noted that it’s all but guaranteed that GE being open will cause a significant price increase.
I actually asked about this specifically and if the price would change was told no. The confirmation that I have outlines the price and there is no 'subject to change' wording anywhere in the document. Now, that said, I haven't actually paid for it yet so I wouldn't put it past them to try to raise it but I will definitely fight to make sure they honor what was quoted and agreed upon.

I actually asked about this specifically and if the price would change was told no. The confirmation that I have outlines the price and there is no 'subject to change' wording anywhere in the document. Now, that said, I haven't actually paid for it yet so I wouldn't put it past them to try to raise it but I will definitely fight to make sure they honor what was quoted and agreed upon.

Then I am interested. I would be a single since my husband can't go then.

I guess you can have any start time you want? That means you wouldn't need to beat the crowds early in the morning.

Directly from e-mail conversation with "Disney Special Activities":

The charges for your Disneyland Resort VIP Tour will be determined once summer pricing has been released by the Disneyland Resort.

*emphasis Disney's, not mine

Last edited:
My favorite add-ons are hard ticket events with limited ticket sales. If I'm going to fork over a chunk of change, I like to go for something that will reduce the overall crowd. Things like tours might take me to the front of the line, but the park itself can still be jam-packed, which isn't my favorite way to experience the park, VIP access or not. No matter how much the overall crowd levels grow, I will always still try to go when they are the lowest. So I love ways to be in the park with less total people.

Based on that preference, I am least likely to spend money on anything that simply gives me a better view of a show. Because I tend to avoid shows and go enjoy the lower crowd level in the rest of the park instead. :) Basically, wherever the crowd is, I go the opposite place. :)

Yes! During our visit in December, my family was against the "Extra Hours at Hollywood Studios (i.e., Toy Story Land)" hard ticket, but after going on Slinky Dog Coaster five times in a row as a practical walk-on, they came around. (^_^) You bet we'd buy hard ticket add-ons for Galaxy's Edge -- Disneyland and WDW both.

Last edited:
I'm not sure of the answer to that but when I booked mine, she did say they were experiencing a higher volume of bookings since the announcement of SWGE. One benefit of the VIP Tour (at WDW) is that they don't charge you until the day before the tour and you can cancel the tour with no penalty up to 48 hours prior. So, for me, there was no downside to booking it so I have it.

Same for DLR. We're waiting for the call from VIP Special Activities to update us on "summer pricing." Since it was a no-deposit booking, we came to the same conclusion, and booked just in case.

Directly from e-mail conversation with "Disney Special Activities":

The charges for your Disneyland Resort VIP Tour will be determined once summer pricing has been released by the Disneyland Resort.

*emphasis Disney's, not mine
Thank goodness, WDW didn't have that same wording!

I'm ready to pay $300-500 for a hard ticket event where you can enjoy the land as it was intended. My wife will be staying in the hotel room with the kids at that price, but I'M ready. I would prefer an after hours event as Im sure the land is amazing at night.

So this is (so far) about Disneyland only, but I just spoke with a cast member and they confirmed the following:

GALAXY EDGE RESERVATIONS FOR ON-PROPERTY GUESTS ARE "LENGTH OF STAY" ONLY
This means that, even if you stay a full week, you and your family will only get the one reservation.

EVEN IF YOU ONLY STAY ONE NIGHT, YOU WILL STILL GET A RESERVATION
This means that, if you stay on-property 5/31, you'll still get a reservation. Theoretically, then, you could stay the one night on-property and then move over to a different, less expensive hotel, and then put that money toward a VIP Tour on, let's say, 6/1.

*calling @rteetz

So this is (so far) about Disneyland only, but I just spoke with a cast member and they confirmed the following:

This means that, even if you stay a full week, you and your family will only get the one reservation.

This means that, if you stay on-property 5/31, you'll still get a reservation. Theoretically, then, you could stay the one night on-property and then move over to a different, less expensive hotel, and then put that money toward a VIP Tour on, let's say, 6/1.

*calling @rteetz
That makes sense.

This means that, if you stay on-property 5/31, you'll still get a reservation. Theoretically, then, you could stay the one night on-property and then move over to a different, less expensive hotel, and then put that money toward a VIP Tour on, let's say, 6/1.[/USER]

Yes this would be great for WDW too....but of course.....no comment, but should bring the split stay thread back to life :rolleyes:

Yes this would be great for WDW too....but of course.....no comment, but should bring the split stay thread back to life :rolleyes:

Do you anticipate an on-site stay being required at WDW too? I'm staying on-site but I wonder if they would be inclined to say only guests at a WDW Delux resort will get the access. Although, right now their website for WDW is very clear to say that neither park tickets nor resort reservations do not guarantee entry to SWGE. Makes planning so difficult!

Do you anticipate an on-site stay being required at WDW too? I'm staying on-site but I wonder if they would be inclined to say only guests at a WDW Delux resort will get the access. Although, right now their website for WDW is very clear to say that neither park tickets nor resort reservations do not guarantee entry to SWGE. Makes planning so difficult!

We visit both Disneyland and WDW throughout the year. I'm going to say there's a good chance there WON'T be any "resort stay required" restrictions on WDW; since WDW in general is SO much more expansive than DLR, it seems there won't be the "reservation window" thing, either, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter