• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...s-galaxys-edge/?CMP=SOC-DPFY22Q2wo0317220030A
ncklsl3645684681-624x352.jpg

If I was ever a fan at $6,000 for 2 nites I am a fan no more.
that is a scam, if you care anything about the value of dollar
you would not even consider such a money grub.
but there again as a Disney stock holder , I hope there are more gullible
spenders.

Hi all, finally (pending our negative lateral flow tests…) making our first visit from England to WDW since 2018, and our first ever visit to Galaxy’s Edge in two weeks.

There is genuinely like a million things from GE I have seen in vlogs and such over the last two years that I’ve thought “I’ll SO get that when we go”. I have thankfully managed to get reservations for Savi’s and the Droid workshop, but I really, really would love to get the Darksaber. Is this easy to find, or even something in stock anymore? TIA!

Hi all, finally (pending our negative lateral flow tests…) making our first visit from England to WDW since 2018, and our first ever visit to Galaxy’s Edge in two weeks.

There is genuinely like a million things from GE I have seen in vlogs and such over the last two years that I’ve thought “I’ll SO get that when we go”. I have thankfully managed to get reservations for Savi’s and the Droid workshop, but I really, really would love to get the Darksaber. Is this easy to find, or even something in stock anymore? TIA!
I'll let those who might've been there recently advise on the stock but I have noticed it sells quite quickly for obvious reasons (both the look of it, plus well, Mandalorian.) It can be found at Dok Ondar's Den of Antiquities and I think retails for about $199 USD which I think currently amounts to £150 give or take? (I could be off on the price though, it's what I'm finding listed on various Disney blogs but the price might be higher)

On a different note though, SO happy you were able to book Savi's and Droid Depot given how popular they can be, you will love them. Savi's is so immersive (most times, I know one or two people say it can sometimes be off if the cast members aren't as engaged but it's always been amazing for me), and the Droid Depot is just super fun. I hope you enjoy!

Last edited:
I'll let those who might've been there recently advise on the stock but I have noticed it sells quite quickly for obvious reasons (both the look of it, plus well, Mandalorian.) It can be found at Dok Ondar's Den of Antiquities and I think retails for about $199 USD which I think currently amounts to £150 give or take? (I could be off on the price though, it's what I'm finding listed on various Disney blogs but the price might be higher)

On a different note though, SO happy you were able to book Savi's and Droid Depot given how popular they can be, you will love them. Savi's is so immersive (most times, I know one or two people say it can sometimes be off if the cast members aren't as engaged but it's always been amazing for me), and the Droid Depot is just super fun. I hope you enjoy!

Thanks so much, we’re so excited!

The Dark Saber was sold out when we were there the second week of March, but inventory greatly fluctuates, so make sure you stop in and check. Don’t just look; ask a CM if anyone knows when it will be back in stock as you could get lucky. Another option is the Hasbro Black Series Dark Saber, if those are still available. We have both the Galaxy’s Edge and the Hasbro Dark Sabers and the Hasbro version is far superior. It’s heavier and the blade is brighter and looks far more like the Dark Saber of both animation and live action. I was actually quite impressed with Hasbro, and a little disappointed that the GE version didn’t measure up.

My first trip to WDW since GE opened is 12 days away, and we're going to HS on May the 4th. Does anyone know if there are any GE exclusives planned for this May the 4th? Are such things announced in advance?

A relative mentioned Lego stores usually release SW exclusives in May the 4th, and I know there's not a true Lego store in HS, but I was wondering if any of the GE gift shops might sell such exclusives as well, or only teh store at Disney Springs.

My first trip to WDW since GE opened is 12 days away, and we're going to HS on May the 4th. Does anyone know if there are any GE exclusives planned for this May the 4th? Are such things announced in advance?

A relative mentioned Lego stores usually release SW exclusives in May the 4th, and I know there's not a true Lego store in HS, but I was wondering if any of the GE gift shops might sell such exclusives as well, or only teh store at Disney Springs.
I will be there, too [waves], and I plan to be on my phone while waiting in ride lines just like I am at home on May the Fourth at shopDisney.com in the Millennium Falcon of Doom virtual queue for merch. I expect there will a couple park-only things, too, (hopefully better than the shirts currently on sale at shopDisney) and that they will NOT have the same social-distance caps on how many people can be in a store. BUT seeing 6-hour lines for Figment popcorn buckets make me fear that there will still be long waits in the park for shopping opportunities, and no way am I wasting too much MTFBWY park time on waiting to buy stuff.

I will be there, too [waves], and I plan to be on my phone while waiting in ride lines just like I am at home on May the Fourth at shopDisney.com in the Millennium Falcon of Doom virtual queue for merch. I expect there will a couple park-only things, too, (hopefully better than the shirts currently on sale at shopDisney) and that they will NOT have the same social-distance caps on how many people can be in a store. BUT seeing 6-hour lines for Figment popcorn buckets make me fear that there will still be long waits in the park for shopping opportunities, and no way am I wasting too much MTFBWY park time on waiting to buy stuff.
Last year they had more merchandise out for Life Day than they did for May the 4th. There’s a new version of Luke’s speeder coming out for May the 4th, so that will definitely be at the Lego Store. When I’ve been there in the past, I’ve always found the Lego store to have more new items than GE, but that could have been coincidence (new announcement had been made as well, so new Lego creations followed). Sometimes they have a few extra characters - like Vi, who is no longer a regular even though she’s supposed to be. Maybe with the Starcrusier, more characters will show up (in the parks and not just on the ship). There may be a few unique offerings, but I have never thought anything to be overly exciting. They’ve already released the two newest light sabers - Cal Kestis and the Dark Saber. But, who know with Kenobi (and Andor) coming out, maybe there will be some surprises.

Last year they had more merchandise out for Life Day than they did for May the 4th. There’s a new version of Luke’s speeder coming out for May the 4th, so that will definitely be at the Lego Store. When I’ve been there in the past, I’ve always found the Lego store to have more new items than GE, but that could have been coincidence (new announcement had been made as well, so new Lego creations followed). Sometimes they have a few extra characters - like Vi, who is no longer a regular even though she’s supposed to be. Maybe with the Starcrusier, more characters will show up (in the parks and not just on the ship). There may be a few unique offerings, but I have never thought anything to be overly exciting. They’ve already released the two newest light sabers - Cal Kestis and the Dark Saber. But, who know with Kenobi (and Andor) coming out, maybe there will be some surprises.
Vi? Vi Moradi?! Do you mean they once had Vi merch, or are you referring to her walking around Batuu? I got a selfie with her in Jan 2020 (I was alone with my then-5yo when we spotted her) but I need another, better shot taken by someone else! She has to appear!

Vi? Vi Moradi?! Do you mean they once had Vi merch, or are you referring to her walking around Batuu? I got a selfie with her in Jan 2020 (I was alone with my then-5yo when we spotted her) but I need another, better shot taken by someone else! She has to appear!
I meant Vi the character, not merch. I have never personally seen Vi merch ( not that they have never had it; I just haven’t seen it!). I actually saw Vi today! That’s the first time I’ve seen her since October 2019. My daughter was excited because she’d never seen her before. She wasn’t in the crowd; she was on the roof above the store that sells the First Order merch next to Kylo REN’s ship.

I meant Vi the character, not merch. I have never personally seen Vi merch ( not that they have never had it; I just haven’t seen it!). I actually saw Vi today! That’s the first time I’ve seen her since October 2019. My daughter was excited because she’d never seen her before. She wasn’t in the crowd; she was on the roof above the store that sells the First Order merch next to Kylo REN’s ship.
I saw Vi on both my 2021 (July) and 2022 (March) trips. Maybe I was just lucky?

I saw Vi on both my 2021 (July) and 2022 (March) trips. Maybe I was just lucky?
Very possible, or it’s also likely that I’m just not observant. I’ve been 12 times since that October 2019 trip I mentioned (once in March a few days before shutdown and the rest after reopen), and today’s the first time I’ve seen her since then. Since characters haven’t been roaming the crowds, I probably just haven’t noticed her up on the roofs. She doesn’t have the presence of Chewy or the Stormtroopers.

Very possible, or it’s also likely that I’m just not observant. I’ve been 12 times since that October 2019 trip I mentioned (once in March a few days before shutdown and the rest after reopen), and today’s the first time I’ve seen her since then. Since characters haven’t been roaming the crowds, I probably just haven’t noticed her up on the roofs. She doesn’t have the presence of Chewy or the Stormtroopers.

In October 2021 she was out with Chewie and Rey near the droid pad. I also saw her by herself on a roof another time during the same trip. It was neat seeing her after reading the book. Now I just need to go back and read about her in the Phasma novel.

In October 2021 she was out with Chewie and Rey near the droid pad. I also saw her by herself on a roof another time during the same trip. It was neat seeing her after reading the book. Now I just need to go back and read about her in the Phasma novel.

You’re in for a treat; the Phasma novel is even better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter