Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

Thinking about buying this for my 10 year old son. My 15 year old daughter is probably more into SW than he is. Would she enjoy it or is this aimed at the younger audience? I probably can't afford to buy two.
what's "this"?

Sorry, the lightsaber experience.
:) it is pricey. They are fairly strict on the 1 builder 1 guest policy. If you want to skip it the 15 yo could go in with the 11 yo. I think both ages would be perfect for the experience, i think this one would be aimed at like, 8 and above while the DD is aimed at younger kids but still fun for all ages.

If you make a lightsaber reservation for two builders, and only one does it, do you get charged for a no-show?

Has anyone that has been to Savi's recently asked about the "scrap metal" to buy extra parts that you did not use in your original build? I heard that initially you could buy extra pieces at $20 per piece. Then I read that due to demand to complete scheduled reservations and the supply required, they had discontinued selling extra pieces. I will be there next month and am curious if we will be able to purchase an extra piece (or two) after our build.

Two sons 18 and 19 both did droid depot, one did light saber (the other the 'guest'). Their feedback is the experience of making the light saber was superior to the droid build experience. However, now that we are home seems like both run the droids around more than waving the light saber. The light saber has a super "cool" factor to it but too scared to break the thing that it seems to stay in its case mostly, droids they will mostly like take back to college.
Thanks for this! Does it comes with a remote control or do you use your phone to drive it around? Also, does the lightsaber interact with Galaxy's Edge or just the droid?

Thanks for this! Does it comes with a remote control or do you use your phone to drive it around? Also, does the lightsaber interact with Galaxy's Edge or just the droid?

The droid comes with a remote and the lightsaber does not do anything in the land other than look cool.

If you make a lightsaber reservation for two builders, and only one does it, do you get charged for a no-show?

I asked and they said they generally will charge for a no-show. However, you can call in and ask to change the number of people on your reservation (that's what we did).

Anyone know if sealed red crystals have been in stock? I have a friend down there and would like to try my luck again at a black.

Has anyone that has been to Savi's recently asked about the "scrap metal" to buy extra parts that you did not use in your original build? I heard that initially you could buy extra pieces at $20 per piece. Then I read that due to demand to complete scheduled reservations and the supply required, they had discontinued selling extra pieces. I will be there next month and am curious if we will be able to purchase an extra piece (or two) after our build.
We specifically asked about this when we were in there about 10 days ago. We were told that they do not sell individual scrap metal pieces at all. I asked 2 different people in hopes I would get a different answer! Dh wants to switch out 2 pieces from his Savi's build. I'm guessing they figured out they would sell more complete builds if they didn't sell the individual pieces.

So I actually just tracked down a Twitter post stating that it will not be available because it does not fit the timeline in which Galaxys Edge exists...

You're actually correct, I apparently saw erroneous information. There are only Ben Solo and the reforged Skywalker that are new. So sorry!

So I actually just tracked down a Twitter post stating that it will not be available because it does not fit the timeline in which Galaxys Edge exists...
I don't understand.
Isn't Rey's lightsaber actually Leia's? Which she gave up ages ago?

Sayhello

No, she has the yellow one at the very end after she buries Luke and Leia’s on Tattooine.

No, she has the yellow one at the very end after she buries Luke and Leia’s on Tattooine.
Ack. OK, got you. Thanks. :) I've only seen it once so far, so I obviously forgot that tidbit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter