Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Opening Day *August 29* Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's absolutely ridiculous, especially with parking lot CM being scheduled the entire night.
I am dressed and ready to go, at least I saw the twitter feed and can wait in my home before heading out.
They have completely botched this opening, IMHO, come out and say what you want done and people will listen, but this wait and see game benefits no one

Exactly. If they said don’t come before 3 nobody would have complained. Now ppl are showing up and being told to leave. Sloppy.

So, we are here now and our minnie van driver told us that just because you have a reservation at Oga's, Savi's, Droid Depot, that doesn't guarantee you access to the land. He said to head over at opening and join a boarding group just to be safe. That isn't right is it? I thought a reservation got you into the land 1 hr in advance, even if land is at capacity.
I think disney really botched this with no official info and CM's with conflicting info.

Based on the twitter feed, I'm not sure if it was Disney or the Orlando Police Department who made the final call. I could certainly see a security issue with that many people camping overnight, but it certainly should have been handled better.

Hopefully, the experience in the morning is better. I'll be excited to read about it whenever I wake up.

it's absolutely ridiculous, especially with parking lot CM being scheduled the entire night.
I am dressed and ready to go, at least I saw the twitter feed and can wait in my home before heading out.
They have completely botched this opening, IMHO, come out and say what you want done and people will listen, but this wait and see game benefits no one
Lmk if they let you in later

Oh great, we were just about to head over. So we should try to land there around 3 then? I wish they would have been more forthcoming about what we needed to be doing.

Is getting info from a Minnie van driver any different than info from a bus driver?

At least I have a day to find out, but I’m going with reservation gets you in. They just don’t have the infrastructure to cancel all those no show fees.

Ok, so you aren’t heading over yet? I’m sitting here at the Boardwalk just woke up, dressed and ready to go. I feel like all these tweets are a cover just to keep me away from DHS. 🤣 I kind of want to walk over and kind of want to go back to sleep.

Is getting info from a Minnie van driver any different than info from a bus driver?

At least I have a day to find out, but I’m going with reservation gets you in. They just don’t have the infrastructure to cancel all those no show fees.
Reservations got you in at DL so I don’t see why it would be different here.

Entrance to the parking lot or the actual park? I was just told by a phone CM that the lot opens at 4 but people are lined up at the park now.

I was one of the people lined up. Cast members have the actual parking lot entrance coned off and are telling people to come back at four

We tried and got stopped. Gonna take a nap back at our room. We were being dropped off so I don't know if we should drive back up to HS later or get dropped off at Boardwalk or something and try to walk over. Sigh.

I think it’s a good sign that Disney is letting the StarWarsTrolls under the bridge line up to be in front at 3:30 am.

It’s totally perplexing that Disney doesn’t have a coherent game plan for Star Wars Nerds - it’s not like this was unexpected that people would be lining up at midnight.

Heck, I lined up at 8pm the day before Phantom Menace at a theater in Philly, and I don’t think I’ve watched that movie again straight through. I don’t consider myself even half the Star Wars nerd as some of my friends.

I’m chuckling at the group calling themselves trolls (since they are under the bridge between HS and Boardwalk waiting)

That Disney is going around yelling at people to get off their lawn and threatening trespassing to Star Wars Nerds just wanting to line up on the morning of one of the biggest SW openings of all time on the East Coast is just absurd and poor form.

Good luck to all heading out this morning!

Last edited:
It looks like they’ve moved the StarWarsTrolls out from under the bridge up to near the front of HS.

If you’re driving, I guess the only issue is if they still have the entrance blocked off for parking. Orlando police were also going up to any cars pulled off to the side off the road.

So what’s the latest news now? I set my alarm for 2 am and I’m awake sitting on our balcony at YC. Yay or neigh for lining up?

This is what the latest from Theme Park Express is showing. I would make a beeline for that line since right now it looks like your best shot.

It looks like they’ve moved the StarWarsTrolls out from under the bridge up to near the front of HS.

If you’re driving, I guess the only issue is if they still have the entrance blocked off for parking. Orlando police were also going up to any cars pulled off to the side off the road.

They moved them but the line is already backing back up to the Boardwalk bridge again apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter