Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Attractions Planning

For those planning on getting there early and late for that matter, dress accordingly. Big cold front coming through Florida, with temps in the 40s during the mornings and 40s at night most of the week next week.

Curious - how was this confirmed? Was there an official statement or is that just based on the currently posted list?
I would assume based on the list. Everyone is reporting it. It doesn’t surprise me in the slightest and I don’t see why so many would report it if it wasn’t confirmed.

I would assume based on the list. Everyone is reporting it. It doesn’t surprise me in the slightest and I don’t see why so many would report it if it wasn’t confirmed.

Fair enough, but the list obviously hasn't been updated because it also includes smugglers run like this:

Disney also seems pretty active of lately shooting down incorrect information (like with Country Bears closing, etc.) so I would think if it wasn't true that would be out there by now

But guess we shall see ... and even if true, for how long it stays that way - maybe just for the first few weeks, etc. but then after Holiday crowds they add it or something

It's so annoying that they had 3 hours a day of EEMH during the slowest times of the year, yet they decrease it to one hour a week for the busiest times. I hate it when things don't make sense.
Especially when there are less hours available generally in the other parks too - the up-sold parties & After Hours are where Disney are looking right now.

Especially when there are less hours available generally in the other parks too - the up-sold parties & After Hours are where Disney are looking right now.

I am slowly starting to think this also about the After Hours Parties.

I am curious to see if by Feb and March there are after hours parties for DHS. If so, then I think this might be one big plan by Disney to limit time so they can make some more money. Listen from a business standpoint I would do the same.

I am not totally there yet but part of me starting to think this..........

How will boarding groups, if activated, impact how people line up for ROTR and enter the land? Is it advantageous to have an early Ogas reservation if boarding groups are used? I have a 915 breakfast on 12/19.

How will boarding groups, if activated, impact how people line up for ROTR and enter the land? Is it advantageous to have an early Olgas reservation if boarding groups are used? I have a 915 breakfast on 12/19.
Are boarding groups done in park, online or on app?

How will boarding groups, if activated, impact how people line up for ROTR and enter the land? Is it advantageous to have an early Ogas reservation if boarding groups are used? I have a 915 breakfast on 12/19.
a reservation will guarantee you entrance into the land up to an hour before your reservation time. As of now the park is opening at 9am that day right, so it won't give you access earlier than 9, so I would say, no in this case
Are boarding groups done in park, online or on app?
if you go on MDE click on the SWGE status and access. On the top where it says Curremt Status it will say join boarding group, then it will give you a number of BG. Then underneath you will see the Now boarding.
You will receive a push notification when your BG is ready to go in
If you don't have access to MDE on your phone then BG can be done in guest service kiosk around the park

if you go on MDE click on the SWGE status and access. On the top where it says Curremt Status it will say join boarding group, then it will give you a number of BG. Then underneath you will see the Now boarding.
If you don't have access to MDE on your phone then BG can be done in guest service kiosk around the park

Wonderful, thank you.

Do you have to be in the park for this or will it show on app generally?

Last edited:
a reservation will guarantee you entrance into the land up to an hour before your reservation time. As of now the park is opening at 9am that day right, so it won't give you access earlier than 9, so I would say, no in this case

Thanks! I shouldn't have changed that 10 am reservation last month but I was sure the hours would change and the park was going to open earlier than 9!
So when can you request a boarding group? If you have an Ogas reservation you won't need to, correct?

Wonderful, thank you.

It will show on the app once the VQ kick in. For the opening of the land I was there at opening (3:30am) but then headed to Epcot for first day of F&W and joined a BG when I was there, when I got back to DHS the BG were no longer needed

Wonderful, thank you.

It's hard to say as it was only used for like 6 hrs. People reported that morning they could join even though they were in the middle of England. But I think they had closed that loophole before they didn't need the VQ anymore

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter