Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Attractions Planning

Another piece of info for those that want to see the MFSR holding room but not ride, you could do the entire queue, when the CM comes to split you in teams and give out positions tell them that you just want pictures in the holding room but don't want to ride. You'll be allowed in the holding room without a card and then you can use the "chicken exit". Make sure to NOT take a position card to not confuse the CMs

Another piece of info for those that want to see the MFSR holding room but not ride, you could do the entire queue, when the CM comes to split you in teams and give out positions tell them that you just want pictures in the holding room but don't want to ride. You'll be allowed in the holding room without a card and then you can use the "chicken exit". Make sure to NOT take a position card to not confuse the CMs
And another piece of amazing information from @yulilin3 ! I am still on the fence if I can ride it without being super sick - love Soarin and it doesnt bother me but was so sick after Star Tours (as much as it pained me) - I would really like to see everything else if I decide I shouldn’t ride - so I was wondering if there was an exit at the last second I could use. Thank you!

And another piece of amazing information from @yulilin3 ! I am still on the fence if I can ride it without being super sick - love Soarin and it doesnt bother me but was so sick after Star Tours (as much as it pained me) - I would really like to see everything else if I decide I shouldn’t ride - so I was wondering if there was an exit at the last second I could use. Thank you!
I can't ride ST either, but I'm going to try MFSR next weekend. I can let you know how it goes. I was also hoping for the "chicken exit", so MIL and I can duck out in November if needed.

I can't ride ST either, but I'm going to try MFSR next weekend. I can let you know how it goes. I was also hoping for the "chicken exit", so MIL and I can duck out in November if needed.
I have the AP time slot on the 17th at 9am so I'm in one of the first groups - I'm still debating back and forth. I REALLY want to try it out though so haven't totally made my mind up on chickening out yet!

Are we still thinking they’ll do some kind of virtual queue for the rides?
VQ for the ride is a fp and they are not doing that from the start. VQ to get into the land is a real possibility and CM will be testing the system this weekend

VQ for the ride is a fp and they are not doing that from the start. VQ to get into the land is a real possibility and CM will be testing the system this weekend

Nice but how does the VQ work with the reservation system they have in place?

Nice but how does the VQ work with the reservation system they have in place?
which reservation system that they have in place? For Oga's, Droid and Savi? the VQ, if implemented, will gve people a way to get in a virtual queue using MDE once the land hits capacity. If you arrive at 10am, and the land is at capacity, you go on MDE and get in a VQ to wait for a boarding group. When your boarding group is called (you will get a notification on MDE) you have 2 hours to make it into the land

which reservation system that they have in place? For Oga's, Droid and Savi? the VQ, if implemented, will gve people a way to get in a virtual queue using MDE once the land hits capacity. If you arrive at 10am, and the land is at capacity, you go on MDE and get in a VQ to wait for a boarding group. When your boarding group is called (you will get a notification on MDE) you have 2 hours to make it into the land
And if you have a reservation for one of the experiences you will not have to wait in the virtual queue.

And if you have a reservation for one of the experiences you will not have to wait in the virtual queue.

Ok that makes sense but with both in place, seems like it would be way difficult to keep an accurate count with the +1 guest thing etc...??

Disneyland was able to make it work on day 1. I’m sure it might have some kinks but should be fine.

Ok this may actually work, funny in what 3 days, our venture to HS/SWGE was unsure madness with crazy lines and having to be there before the crack of dawn and is now, as is the case with a WDW vacation, lots of planning, seems like it will work out, looks like WDW has indeed been working behind the scene and is not going to let it be a free for all, and you guys here deserve many thanks here in the DIS for all of this work, these threads were quite some work!!

Ok this may actually work, funny in what 3 days, our venture to HS/SWGE was unsure madness with crazy lines and having to be there before the crack of dawn and is now, as is the case with a WDW vacation, lots of planning, seems like it will work out, looks like WDW has indeed been working behind the scene and is not going to let it be a free for all, and you guys here deserve many thanks here in the DIS for all of this work, these threads were quite some work!!
It wouldn’t be what it is without all of you posters ;)

(If this has been answered elsewhere, please point me to the post)

I'm not a gamer so I don't want to get a MFSR position that will throw off my team. What position(s) should I request? Any specific tips for non-gamers? We have tickets for the AP preview next week.

(If this has been answered elsewhere, please point me to the post)

I'm not a gamer so I don't want to get a MFSR position that will throw off my team. What position(s) should I request? Any specific tips for non-gamers? We have tickets for the AP preview next week.
Just an FYI CM at the attraction have been told that asking for a specific position will be a hard no. But you can talk to your fellow crew mates. I would think gunners is the easiest if you push the auto aim at the beginning of the ride, then you just have to push the same button over and over.

Just an FYI CM at the attraction have been told that asking for a specific position will be a hard no. But you can talk to your fellow crew mates. I would think gunners is the easiest if you push the auto aim at the beginning of the ride, then you just have to push the same button over and over.

Thanks! We will be a party of 3 so I will have a good shot (pardon the pun!) of getting gunner.

Hmmmm how about letting others go ahead of you then make your move, not sure what the queue looks like, but who knows, as long as I get to ride I honestly dont care......

Have a 7 day trip coming this December. I crossed my fingers and got our wish that Rise is opening the week prior to our visit. Very thankful....

Question for either current/past Cast members or folks more familiar with any specific SWGE rules... We'll be hitting DHS for the first time Friday Dec 14 - we have a dinner reservation at 6:10pm. I'm hopeful, that after dinner we will have at least 20 mins to truck to Rise - and get into the ride queue - regardless of how close it is to 8pm. I don't mind waiting after park closing ...if allowed.

Do folks think , if Rise does in effect see hugewait times, that it will be possible to jump into the queue at that late a time ? Or will they close the queue prior to park close, to limit how long they keep processing folks after park close.

It seems like they "can't" prevent someone from getting into a queue , as we have done this many, many times in the past, but if this ride truly builds huge standby lines, I'm concerned they will limit things.

Obviously we'll be in SWGE more than that single night- we have Oga's for that Saturday 1pm, but hoping to split up the waits as best we can.

Have a 7 day trip coming this December. I crossed my fingers and got our wish that Rise is opening the week prior to our visit. Very thankful....

Question for either current/past Cast members or folks more familiar with any specific SWGE rules... We'll be hitting DHS for the first time Friday Dec 14 - we have a dinner reservation at 6:10pm. I'm hopeful, that after dinner we will have at least 20 mins to truck to Rise - and get into the ride queue - regardless of how close it is to 8pm. I don't mind waiting after park closing ...if allowed.

Do folks think , if Rise does in effect see hugewait times, that it will be possible to jump into the queue at that late a time ? Or will they close the queue prior to park close, to limit how long they keep processing folks after park close.

It seems like they "can't" prevent someone from getting into a queue , as we have done this many, many times in the past, but if this ride truly builds huge standby lines, I'm concerned they will limit things.

Obviously we'll be in SWGE more than that single night- we have Oga's for that Saturday 1pm, but hoping to split up the waits as best we can.
For Flight of Passage they did close the queue earlier than park closing to accomodate for the long wait times. You'll have 9 days of reports so you will be able to see what they're doing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter