Star Wars: Galactic Starship (resort experience) News

Status
Not open for further replies.
The in bed by 8 crowd is "not the demographic they're looking for". Regardless of when DHS actually closes, they can always close Batuu earlier, say 7, and have it cleared and the stage set by 8 for the excursion. A two hour visit for 200 guests would be sufficient.

Steve

You wouldn't think so, but there's children prominently featured in every picture released so far accept the picture of the 'welcoming guests of all ages' bar so I'm betting the average Disney guest is thinking it will be family friendly. (I would pay extra for a 21+ version myself, but what are ya gonna do?) Closing just Batuu earlier seems like a good compromise.

Based on the role descriptions, I wonder if we might see some old friends from the Adventurer's Club on the Halcyon??? One can hope those age ranges are flexible!

I haven’t yet been able to visit GE but from what I have read it sounds like the entrances to Batuu can be closed off so that part of HS could definitely close earlier than the rest if needed. I would expect an after hours type of visit for this experience and would definitely want significant time to be able to spend in the land (especially with being closed up indoors for the remainder of the stay!).

No way they close Batuu early every other day. In fact, I’d be surprised if SW hotel guests get any private time in Batuu...more likely a few private “backstage” areas that keep them somewhat shielded from day guests. But I guess if it’s expensive enough...

Last edited:
Think it's more likely that they just block off some time during the day at relevant locations for GS participants. Closing Batuu early doesn't make sense, it's a great scene at night IMO and it would be weird to take that away from other guests.

Instead of closing Batuu early, they could open it late - that would allow all age groups to visit. Even having the starship guests visit at 8:00 AM when the park opens at 9:00 or 10:00 would allow them the exclusive access they're promised without disrupting those of us left down here on the ground.

I could totally see them doing EMM-style visit, where guests get to go early for exclusive access and breakfast is included. I forget how long EMMs were, but I think they weren’t more than an hour and half?

Either way guesses on when pricing/booking is available? I’m guessing this Fall we will get a narrowed down timeline for opening, but pricing won’t be available until after the new year.

Signage Coming to Disney’s Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

“Today, Disney filed a permit for “Project H [to] Install New Ground Mount Marquee.”Whoa, now! That’s signage for Project H, A.K.A. Project Halcyon, A.K.A. Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser. The permit appears to call for a pretty major signage installation from Design Communications, a firm that has done theming work for Disney in the past. This could be roadside signage at the entrance to parking, or it could be something around the main entrance.”

I'm REALLY hoping that this will be a lot like the "Sleep No More" play that was held in Boston and NYC. For anyone who isn't familiar, the theater company took over an entire school building in Brookline, MA and turned about 20-30 rooms into completely immersive sets. You were free to explore the rooms at your own will however you had to wear a mask (a lot like V for Vendetta) to remain anonymous, you couldn't talk and you couldn't touch anything. They purposely would separate you from your friends so that you could explore on your own. There were actors throughout the building performing scenes and interacting with each other (none of them talked as well) and there was eerie music played all through the night. You could hang out in one room all night to see what happens or you could follow them around. The play they were performing was Macbeth, but set in the early 1900s, with an Alfred Hitchcock vibe. The play lasted for about 4 hours total and there was a speak easy-type bar in the lobby where you could take a break with other guests and talk about what you had seen and then jump back in.

I knew nothing about Macbeth but was so engrossed in the experience that I went two more times. Each time I saw something completely new. Everyone I knew who went, ended up going at least one more time. We were all addicted. If Disney can pull something like this off in a Star Wars setting, it will be absolutely incredible. People will want to go back over and over again to see if they missed anything.

They must be looking to open up bookings for this sooner rather than later for 2022?

move been given the go ahead that if it’s open august 2022 we can go.

we were originally looking at a 4 night stay in Disneyland Paris this year but the cost is so high that we would rather wait and bolt this 2 night experience onto our first DVC trip next year instead.

where we haven’t gone galaxy’s edge before either I would love to be able to experience it all for the first time as a single experience.

The hallway picture is labeled as concept art. It gives the impression construction is further along then it is.

Disney Shares Sample Pricing, Room Details, & More for Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

• 2-night stay in a cabin or suite
  • Ongoing, immersive and interactive entertainment, where choices determine your experience*
  • Food and beverages on the starcruiser (excluding alcoholic and specialty beverages) and a quick-service meal at Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo or other select locations at Disney’s Hollywood Studios**
  • Admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for your planetary excursion to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
  • Valet parking
  • Exclusive Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser databand (known on your home planet as a MagicBand)
We've FINALLY got our first look at the sample pricing too!

Take a peek at the sample itinerary that Disney has released!

Source: https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/disney-shares-sample-pricing-room-details-more-for-star-wars-galactic-starcruiser/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter