Star Wars: Galactic Starship (resort experience) News

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’m telling you this will be awesome until the guest next to you starts blabbing spoilers because they are a ‘big fan’ who has already done this 10 times (like the regulars who messed up the Adventurers Club) or they are doing it for the first time but need to giggle and make fun of everything (like guests on every immersive experience Disney has tried to offer).
Inviting the general masses to a LARP usually does not end well.

I am so excited about this! I just hope somehow I can afford the price tag and secure a reservation. I would think that reservations would go quickly once they become available.

I hope there's a choice to opt out of wearing a costume, I'm not really interested in that.

Have there been any rumors as to when this resort may open?

I am sure they will have it set up that you can participate to varying levels. I am sure there are a lot of families where some members are really into it and others not as much

This is gonna be a pretty amazing resort.

I’m shocked universal hasn’t done the same yet being Harry Potter themed. Can you imagine the hype of that kinda hotel? Making you students at hogwarts. Ugh I can dream

Either way I look forward to this. Can’t wait to see how it gets done

There totally should have been rooms upstairs at the Leaky Cauldron. :D

This is gonna be a pretty amazing resort.

I’m shocked universal hasn’t done the same yet being Harry Potter themed. Can you imagine the hype of that kinda hotel? Making you students at hogwarts. Ugh I can dream

Either way I look forward to this. Can’t wait to see how it gets done

I think there’s rumors that this is happening.

I think there’s rumors that this is happening.

They could do some really awesome things with that. Imagine DATDA classes with the interactive wands. It would probably more reasonably priced than the Star Wars resort if the other Uni properties price points are any indication.

In either case I need to start saving my pennies.

They could do some really awesome things with that. Imagine DATDA classes with the interactive wands. It would probably more reasonably priced than the Star Wars resort if the other Uni properties price points are any indication.

In either case I need to start saving my pennies.

I think the biggest thing is that their would actually be a reason to stay on site at Universal. I mean they have some nice hotels but nothing jumps out at me that makes me ever want to stay at them. They are not themed.

This on the other hand, would make me stay on site.

The idea of an attached hotel makes total sense. Keeps costs and commitment down as the physical structure can basically be a windowless box. In turn, seems like this won’t be a place to resort-hop and have dinner, but rather only a continuous schedule of set stays.

If this is going to be physically attached or adjacent to SWGE it makes me wonder if it will be themed on the outside in any way.

Also, Disney is pretty smart about this. If guests are "dressed" in the appropriate Star Wars attire, then when they walk out into SWGE, the guests will add to the theming. Essentially, free streetmosphere.

The idea of an attached hotel makes total sense. Keeps costs and commitment down as the physical structure can basically be a windowless box. In turn, seems like this won’t be a place to resort-hop and have dinner, but rather only a continuous schedule of set stays.

could also be a way for them to have a Harry Potter presence at/near any new parks that might be physically located a bit away from the other parks in the land they have recently provided (and thus making it hard to have a connection like the Hogwarts Express)

Also, Disney is pretty smart about this. If guests are "dressed" in the appropriate Star Wars attire, then when they walk out into SWGE, the guests will add to the theming. Essentially, free streetmosphere.

I think the idea is for it to be across from the back end of SWGE - so with the super tall mountain backdrop you wouldn't be able to see it from inside SWGE. I suspect the front of the Hotel would be themed like a spaceport to make it look like you have arrived and are entering a space ship and then all the screens for windows will make it look like you are taking off and then in space and then landing on Batuu - and then I suspect there would be some enclosed way to get you from the ship into SWGE (be it a covered passage or a form of transportation that also includes the screens for windows like the the Hogwarts Express

I wonder if the guests that are staying in the hotel will go to SWGE during normal park hours when "regular" guests are there as well or like pre- or post- close when they would have the entire land to themselves so as to keep the immersion - vs people that are dressed as tourists

I think the idea is for it to be across from the back end of SWGE - so with the super tall mountain backdrop you wouldn't be able to see it from inside SWGE. I suspect the front of the Hotel would be themed like a spaceport to make it look like you have arrived and are entering a space ship and then all the screens for windows will make it look like you are taking off and then in space and then landing on Batuu - and then I suspect there would be some enclosed way to get you from the ship into SWGE (be it a covered passage or a form of transportation that also includes the screens for windows like the the Hogwarts Express

I wonder if the guests that are staying in the hotel will go to SWGE during normal park hours when "regular" guests are there as well or like pre- or post- close when they would have the entire land to themselves so as to keep the immersion - vs people that are dressed as tourists

I suspect exclusive SWGE access will be a huge part of the draw for this experience...as well as the price!

Would expect Disney Cruise line pricing x2 as a starting point.

I usually don't fall for Disney's overpriced high-end stuff, but they got me completely on this one.

I'm also thinking I will want to do it early because while the initial price will be high, once they realize it sells out easily, they will jack the price even higher.

it will be seamlessly connected to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, allowing guests a total Star Wars experience.

Is this the first official confirmation we've had that the resort is connected to DHS? That's what was assumed / rumored...but not certain.

The other thing this points out is that construction likely hasn't even started. So it seems unlikely this opens in 2019 and maybe not even 2020.

I usually don't fall for Disney's overpriced high-end stuff, but they got me completely on this one.

I'm also thinking I will want to do it early because while the initial price will be high, once they realize it sells out easily, they will jack the price even higher.

Is this the first official confirmation we've had that the resort is connected to DHS? That's what was assumed / rumored...but not certain.

The other thing this points out is that construction likely hasn't even started. So it seems unlikely this opens in 2019 and maybe not even 2020.
Yes this would be the first time Disney has said its connected to DHS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter