STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

Also -make sure you don't have a multitool or pocket knife in your luggage. You need to pull them out if you do before they will take the luggage in. If you forget to remove it, they will remove it and throw it away. That is what we were told while they loaded our luggage onto the cart. Glad they said something since my husband had a pocket knife in his luggage.

Ahhh, yes, this made me remember something. A security guard just before the security hut asked us if we had any knifes, scissors over a certain size (I think it was 4"???) or similar. Turned out DW had a pair of scissors for any costume needs - it was just over the limit, so we left it in the car. We were glad they had asked this while still in the car!

A heads up for people who want a portrait session: Today was my 60 days so I called right at 7AM ET, was on hold for an hour, and got the last available session at 8PM on day 1. I'm not that excited about the time because it seems like it will be busy. Is my family going to be annoyed to have to pause to take pictures?

He also asked if I wanted help setting up everyone's accounts over the phone. I said I would call back another time, but it sounds like you can proactively call and get everything set up rather than wait for a call. I would prefer to do it that way since we are doing GS at the end of our trip.
Hm, it won't be busy I'd say but definitely check your data pads to make sure you aren't scheduled for something like bridge ops or lightsaber training around that time. GS CMs can rearrange anything over the phone for you, although it might auto arrange events based on your CSL portrait session anyway. Another problem with that time slot is that certain places may be busy with other activities ( i.e. if there's a bridge ops session at 8PM you may or may not be able to take pictures in the bridge, at least not without a lot of people around) so you may want to call and ask a CM what to do if you're interested in any of those areas.

A question about lunch on day 2, it sounds like you get a dining credit for QS on Batuu, can you use the credit AND still eat lunch on board? Not that I want to have 2 lunches, lol, but in case the kids want something different than lunch on the Halycon.

A question about lunch on day 2, it sounds like you get a dining credit for QS on Batuu, can you use the credit AND still eat lunch on board? Not that I want to have 2 lunches, lol, but in case the kids want something different than lunch on the Halycon.
Yes, you can eat on the ship and in DHS or you can just choose one. Many people reported not using their DHS quick server voucher and opting for the ship. Whatever works best for you.

I think you could, but the timing might be hard. The halcyon lunch window was pretty narrow — I think 12-2? So you’d need to be two places at once.

How does luggage drop off work? Do you pull up and meet a bell-droid who has a luggage cart? We're probably going to have some costume pieces that we've ironed at our previous hotel on hangers rather than packed and I want to make sure they can handle that at check in.
Definitely iron before you go. The tiny little (smaller than a undergrad dorm) ironing board was not useful for anything larger than a standard shirt. In the standard cabin there was not an iron/iron board already there. I got lucky with a steamer that became available for my evening gown.... probably because it was 2:30am when I was finally setting out the next day's outfits. ;) There is a closet to hang clothes. Try the robes... they are so comfy!!

I think you could, but the timing might be hard. The halcyon lunch window was pretty narrow — I think 12-2? So you’d need to be two places at once.
Our lunch started at 11am and we were there for 11am. Maybe the times changed?

If you have to ask about a free QS certificate, Galactic Starcruiser may not be for you.

For the nightly rate, you oughta be able to push around an IV that drips liquified bacon into your veins for the entire stay!

Last edited:
If you have to ask about a free QC certificate, Galactic Starcruiser may not be for you.

For the nightly rate, you oughta be able to push around an IV that drips liquified bacon into your veins for the entire stay!

Don't worry, I asked my kids to choose between college and Starcruiser, and they chose Starcruiser. Everyone wins

Has anyone tried to ride ROTR or MFSR twice in lightning lane? I doubt we'd want to spend the time to do that, but am curious if it's an option while on the Batuu excursion.

I have a helmet 🪖 question. When I see "no helmets" discussed, it seems to assume helmets that involve masks/covered faces, like Stormtroopers, Vader, Mandalorians, Kylo. Do you know if exposed faces are ok? We have a couple of the groovy giant white helmets like you see rebels wearing when Vader does his thing in "Rogue One," and they are so fun to wear in ~public. We could wear for portraits at least?

If we have a pre and post WDW resort stay booked, with the Starcruiser in the middle, does that count as a continuous stay for the purposes of booking ADRs +10?

I’m checked-in now (as Ben Lonely, son of intergalactic film star, writer, and director Hank Lonely) and waiting to board. I’m posting coverage in the FB group Disney Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser News Reviews and Planning group if anyone would like to follow.
You say you were "checked in" under the pseudonym. Is there something specific you have to do to do that? Is it when you book, or do they let you give a different name than your real one at actual check in at the StarCruiser? Definitely will want to use separate names when we go.

I've even gone so far as to order fake business cards for my character that I can hand out during the cruise.
Has anyone who has already gone done this yet - handing out business cards? I was thinking of doing similar, but I wasn't sure if cast members would accept things being handed to them by passengers or not.

Advice:
  • I wish I had more pictures taken in the ship, so if I could do it again, I'd get the photo package. When you are in the story you are likely to forget that you should snap a pic.
  • We went to Animal Kingdom the next day, but shouldn't have. We didn't make it a long day but the Starcruiser experience would have benefited from some time to reflect on all we had seen and done.
  • Take pictures of the datapad conversations- you won't be able to access them again once you leave and I would have liked to have been able to review them and think on my choices.

Thank you I’ll definitely be taking this advice. Was considering going to AK on the departure day but might just check in and have dinner there instead. Another vote for the photo package as well :)

some takeaways. not up to writing a full review.

Check the weather for Batuu. ours was fine (last Monday) but anything worse would have been hell for elaborate or restrictive costumes. I had on a full mechanic's coverall. Didn't get overheated but I did get tired. took it off to change for lightsaber training, and never put it back on. Cast remembered who my character was. They have water bottles at the gate in Batuu where you enter from the transport. Just ask the CMs for one. They are in a cooler so it's not immediately obvious that they are available.

you will be too busy to complain about why there is no pool or gym.

Talk to the characters, you might get a new mission. You might end up running multiple tracks simultaneously. You might spend a lot of time saving people on the bridge.

Try plenty of drinks from Sublight Lounge! Play Sabacc on the holo table. pretty cool, not hard to learn. My friend almost won the tournament. Get the bar snacks.

The younglings I saw were having a blast. Loved meeting familiar characters. One kid wound up getting appointed as a scout and was absolutely beside himself.

The Batuu transport is SMALL. they must have more than one, but it's still small. Looks cool though. get there early or wait in line for it.

Water always available self-service in the atrium. Snacks in the afternoon.

the shop inside is closed on disembarkation day.

You might have to wait a bit to get to a scanning portal to pick up your missions.

most of the cast and some of the guests can probably flat out read Aurebesh.
Easy to learn. I'm not quite as fast as with the Phoenecian alphabet, but getting there. Definitely faster than using a translator.

We were checked in to GS and left our luggage and shuffled to the Disney Springs bus. they wouldn't even let my 8 year old use the restroom. We ate lunch in DS and then took the bus back.
Does anyone know what is the earliest you can arrive and NOT be forced to go somewhere else but instead be able to just wait there for the 1:00 boarding time? Really makes no sense to me to be made to go somewhere else and come back if willing to just wait in line. After all, waiting in lines is a very Disney experience. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter