STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

Does anyone know if the clothing store on ship does passholder discounts? Looking at some stuff on the shop disney GS page...but if they have the same stuff onboard and they take the 20% off...that is a no brainer

Thank you!! I think I will roll the dice and buy onboard.
Hopefully they have enough sizes in stock and enough items to meet demand. Knowing in advance that they'll only have approximately 500 people max each cruise, I'd hope they can keep things available for most people who want to buy. I would rather wait and buy the black dress on board and save 30 dollars than purchase it on shop disney.

I’ve decided that this trip is a 4 day cruise if you count the amount of time I have spent on the phone with Disney the past week and a half…3 times in the last 2 days and currently on hold again. This whole space travel thing can be so taxing and stressful!! Lol

I am getting off the Starcruiser tomorrow morning (3/11). If anyone has any questions, please let me know! I’m happy to help.
For the record, we had an absolutely amazing time

Glad to hear you had a good time!

When did you arrive at the Starcruiser on the first day? Was there a long line to check in? Would you recommend that arrival time?

What did you do on Batuu? When did you return to the ship? Did you wish you did anything differently?

Did you get into the role playing? Any advice on engaging with the characters?

Glad to hear you had a good time!

When did you arrive at the Starcruiser on the first day? Was there a long line to check in? Would you recommend that arrival time?

What did you do on Batuu? When did you return to the ship? Did you wish you did anything differently?

Did you get into the role playing? Any advice on engaging with the characters?

We stayed at All star Music the night before. They could not do a luggage transfer like we have done the past between Disney resorts. They called a Mears taxi for us and a cast member gave the driver a voucher when we arrived at GS. (We tipped him). We arrived right at 1. There was a line to get in but CMs were checking you in as you waited to clear security. The energy was high and it was fun checking out everyone’s costumes. Not everyone dressed though, it was maybe 50/50. No regrets at arriving right at 1 even with the 20 ish minute wait to get in because we were able to eat, do the data pad training and the ship tour all before muster at 4at our leisure.

We did both rides and Oga’s cantina on Batuu. We were there from 9-12 roughly. This leads to the next question but depending on your involvement you will have missions to do on Batuu so that also takes time. We opted to eat lunch on the Halycon instead of eating in Batuu.

We were definitely involved and I truly believe that enhanced our experience. My youngest daughter (9) bought in completely and both my girls (older is 11) found themselves in a lot of fun situations and some characters knew them by first name. Some of that was luck of the draw being in the right places at theright time. My biggest advice is go up to the characters - introduce yourself (they do remember names if they keep seeing you) and ask them questions in role (we want to help, what can we do, etc etc - I could get more detailed but I don’t want to give anything away). Stay in the atrium or on the fourth floor -stuff will start happening on a whim. If you see a group, join in. Because we did the missions on day 1 and Batuu from the comms on our data pad, wehad events added to our itinerary on the second night that were amazing with a small group both times.

sorry for the lengthy response!

We stayed at All star Music the night before. They could not do a luggage transfer like we have done the past between Disney resorts. They called a Mears taxi for us and a cast member gave the driver a voucher when we arrived at GS. (We tipped him). We arrived right at 1. There was a line to get in but CMs were checking you in as you waited to clear security. The energy was high and it was fun checking out everyone’s costumes. Not everyone dressed though, it was maybe 50/50. No regrets at arriving right at 1 even with the 20 ish minute wait to get in because we were able to eat, do the data pad training and the ship tour all before muster at 4at our leisure.

We did both rides and Oga’s cantina on Batuu. We were there from 9-12 roughly. This leads to the next question but depending on your involvement you will have missions to do on Batuu so that also takes time. We opted to eat lunch on the Halycon instead of eating in Batuu.

We were definitely involved and I truly believe that enhanced our experience. My youngest daughter (9) bought in completely and both my girls (older is 11) found themselves in a lot of fun situations and some characters knew them by first name. Some of that was luck of the draw being in the right places at theright time. My biggest advice is go up to the characters - introduce yourself (they do remember names if they keep seeing you) and ask them questions in role (we want to help, what can we do, etc etc - I could get more detailed but I don’t want to give anything away). Stay in the atrium or on the fourth floor -stuff will start happening on a whim. If you see a group, join in. Because we did the missions on day 1 and Batuu from the comms on our data pad, wehad events added to our itinerary on the second night that were amazing with a small group both times.

Also - make friends with the passenger services cast members too!!! We saw many of them multiple times throughout the voyage and I think that can also help with getting into some experiences . All of the cast members were absolutely amazing!

Checking into GS later today. When we got to our room last night at the DVC poly studios for our bookend stay, we had a message from the front desk saying they extended our check out time by 1 hour to 12pm so we could prepare for our departure on CSL. They also informed us of the complementary valet parking at GS.

Checking into GS later today. When we got to our room last night at the DVC poly studios for our bookend stay, we had a message from the front desk saying they extended our check out time by 1 hour to 12pm so we could prepare for our departure on CSL. They also informed us of the complementary valet parking at GS.
VERY helpful information, thank you for sharing this!

I am getting off the Starcruiser tomorrow morning (3/11). If anyone has any questions, please let me know! I’m happy to help.
For the record, we had an absolutely amazing time
Glad to hear you had such a good time! I do have a question I hope you can answer... We have booked both Savi's and Droid Depot (in addition to Oga's) during the Batuu excursion. We booked very early times, so that we could maximize our time on Batuu and hopefully get back to the Halcyon nice and early. Unfortunately, neither Savi's nor DD appear in the Play Disney app; but they do appear in My Disney Experience, both with the Batuu Excursion prefix, i.e., they appear in MDEx as "Batuu Excursion: Droid Depot," etc. We asked our travel agent why this will not appear in the Play Disney app, and she says she was told that the Batuu experiences will only appear in Play Disney if they are during the hours between 10am and 2:45pm.

So my question is... Do you think we will be missing out by doing Savi's and Droid Depot early in the day, before 10am? Is there any reason you can think of why we might want to move these times to later, after 10am? I can't imagine why these wouldn't appear in Play Disney unless there is a reason they don't want us do do them until after 10am... Unless this is just another bug that hasn't been worked out yet.

Any thoughts/advice would be welcome!

I loved all those details! Thank you!

One more question... were you assigned a time to go to Batuu? Was there a line for the transport first thing?

Glad to hear you had such a good time! I do have a question I hope you can answer... We have booked both Savi's and Droid Depot (in addition to Oga's) during the Batuu excursion. We booked very early times, so that we could maximize our time on Batuu and hopefully get back to the Halcyon nice and early. Unfortunately, neither Savi's nor DD appear in the Play Disney app; but they do appear in My Disney Experience, both with the Batuu Excursion prefix, i.e., they appear in MDEx as "Batuu Excursion: Droid Depot," etc. We asked our travel agent why this will not appear in the Play Disney app, and she says she was told that the Batuu experiences will only appear in Play Disney if they are during the hours between 10am and 2:45pm.

So my question is... Do you think we will be missing out by doing Savi's and Droid Depot early in the day, before 10am? Is there any reason you can think of why we might want to move these times to later, after 10am? I can't imagine why these wouldn't appear in Play Disney unless there is a reason they don't want us do do them until after 10am... Unless this is just another bug that hasn't been worked out yet.

Any thoughts/advice would be welcome!

Just a thought—Batuu is considerably less busy in the first hour or two. And cooler. You will have missions to complete on Batuu to forward your storylines, and presumably you will want to use your LL passes for the rides. If you are doing Savi and DD first thing, you won’t have the advantage of the lower crowds and lower temps while out in Black Spire Outpost.

We were on the first transport at 8 am and found plenty to do, just with rides, missions, and Oga’s, until about 11:45. We chose not to eat lunch on planet and went back to the ship.

I loved all those details! Thank you!

One more question... were you assigned a time to go to Batuu? Was there a line for the transport first thing?

Yes, the datapad had assigned a time for a Batuu shuttle. But we weren’t bound to that time and went out in the first shuttle, around 8. Total of 6 people, including us. Saw lots more people coming into the park from the Starcruiser entrance by 9.

Now having this pop up on my play app every time I want to access the data pad. Good thing I saved my itinerary elsewhere.

Attachments

• F26C3C02-145A-4F01-832C-FC7DF02A405C.png
    F26C3C02-145A-4F01-832C-FC7DF02A405C.png
    150.3 KB · Views: 40
Hopefully they have enough sizes in stock and enough items to meet demand. Knowing in advance that they'll only have approximately 500 people max each cruise, I'd hope they can keep things available for most people who want to buy. I would rather wait and buy the black dress on board and save 30 dollars than purchase it on shop disney.
They close the shop on the Halcyon the last day of the voyage, so buy what you want prior. And after you disembark, there is a pop up shop at the exit/terminal. Save and buy more!!!

Can you please let us know if you get offered transfer of your luggage to a post split stay? We’re doing a night at the Hilton by Disney Springs the day before check in, and then 2 more nights at the Poly after. We will have a rental car, but if our bags can be brought over and we don’t need to worry about them great!

It's because of this, use the datapad provided and you shouldn't have any problem.
Yeah I already read about it previously so it wasn’t a surprise I’d have to use theirs as one of the first voyages, but now I can’t check what I had planned when because I’m locked out of the data pad until I arrive there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter