STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

By the same logic, no one here has any idea if Disney is actually 'releasing' rooms on dates there were previously shown as 'sold out' vs. someone cancelling a prior reservation.

By the same logic, no one here has any idea if Disney is actually 'releasing' rooms on dates there were previously shown as 'sold out' vs. someone cancelling a prior reservation.

I actually asked the cast members what was the reason and I was told that it was because some people have cancelled their trip and others have moved it. Keep in mind that you can cancel if you have insurance and then rebook and not be out any money as the insurance will pay you back....I was told this again by cast members, who basically told me it is real easy to get your money back from the insurance policy. I also asked if they ever open more rooms up because the 1st time I couldn't get a March room, and I was told the only way is if someone cancels, all the rooms have been available to the public since day one.

I actually asked the cast members what was the reason and I was told that it was because some people have cancelled their trip and others have moved it. Keep in mind that you can cancel if you have insurance and then rebook and not be out any money as the insurance will pay you back....I was told this again by cast members, who basically told me it is real easy to get your money back from the insurance policy. I also asked if they ever open more rooms up because the 1st time I couldn't get a March room, and I was told the only way is if someone cancels, all the rooms have been available to the public since day one.

If that's true, then it must have been people moving their reservations as some have hypothesized. Otherwise there's no particular reason why everyone would want to cancel on that one particular day

All due respect they will only know what they are told.
From reports many have heard different explanations from different cast members…

From reports many have heard different explanations from different cast members…
Could you please explain a bit more? I haven't heard of anyone being told by cast members that many people were cancelling, etc.

Not saying people don't find their ways, but the trip insurance offered when booking (which is a policy administered by Aon Affinity) is not 'cancel for any reason' coverage. Not sure I would trust what a Disney CM has to say about claims under that policy.

If that's true, then it must have been people moving their reservations as some have hypothesized. Otherwise there's no particular reason why everyone would want to cancel on that one particular day

Not sure what you mean...nobody said everyone was cancelling on that particular day. It only takes 1 person to cancel their trip to show that that date is available....the purpose of the post was basically to say that the social media people of the world...automatically post that Disney is in trouble.

I can only comment on what I was told...by multiple cast members on different calls. In actuality cast members also know what they see and what they have done for people who call to change things

Not sure what you mean...nobody said everyone was cancelling on that particular day. It only takes 1 person to cancel their trip to show that that date is available....the purpose of the post was basically to say that the social media people of the world...automatically post that Disney is in trouble.

Just referencing the fact that there was almost no open dates March to May, then when they opened the rest of 2022 there were suddenly a ton of openings from March to May. This was my personal observation anyway (and some others'). If no new inventory was released, then it was likely people moving their reservations.

For those with younger kids without their own devices, what are your plans for accessing a datapad? I've charged up some of my old iphones (knew there was a reason I kept them!) and was planning on loading those with the Play Disney app. But I also read a recent blog post that guests were given devices and personal device functionality was limited (not sure if that will be an ongoing thing is just temporary while bugs are worked out).

Either way it feels like a trip to the Datapad Orientation (ie, IT help desk) will be in order for our crew to sort out devices/profiles/etc.

For those with younger kids without their own devices, what are your plans for accessing a datapad? I've charged up some of my old iphones (knew there was a reason I kept them!) and was planning on loading those with the Play Disney app. But I also read a recent blog post that guests were given devices and personal device functionality was limited (not sure if that will be an ongoing thing is just temporary while bugs are worked out).

Either way it feels like a trip to the Datapad Orientation (ie, IT help desk) will be in order for our crew to sort out devices/profiles/etc.
I had a CM on the GS line tell us the opposite of that blog post lol. He encouraged us to bring whatever devices we had because they had a limited number of devices guests could borrow. He also told us to make sure the kids’ accounts were set up in the play app ahead of time. One thing he didn’t quite get right was he said each of the kids would need their own email addresses but I got them set up just fine linking to my email address.

Everyone was issued datapads and asked to use only those (not personal devices) because they are working out bugs. Eventually the app will be stable enough for using personal devices. I expect that they will keep some devices to issue to people who don’t have their own, for whatever reason.

Everyone was issued datapads and asked to use only those (not personal devices) because they are working out bugs.

Just so I'm clear, when you say everyone, does that mean one per party or one per individual? Sorry, that's probably a dumb/obvious question but I purposely haven't watched any videos/spoilers so operating with a somewhat limited perspective.

Everyone was issued datapads and asked to use only those (not personal devices) because they are working out bugs. Eventually the app will be stable enough for using personal devices. I expect that they will keep some devices to issue to people who don’t have their own, for whatever reason.
Ah ok, I haven’t read any posts about everyone’s initial experiences yet. In our case, we don’t have enough devices for all the kids in our party so we’re going to be relying on borrowing devices because it sounds really inconvenient to have to constantly log in and out of our phones so the kids can access their personal storylines.

I also was encouraged to use my own device by the cast member who did my booking. She even had me load the app and sign in while I was on the phone. She then scheduled all my stuff over the phone and it instantly changed on my datapad...was amazing how quickly it all changed on the app.

Just so I'm clear, when you say everyone, does that mean one per party or one per individual? Sorry, that's probably a dumb/obvious question but I purposely haven't watched any videos/spoilers so operating with a somewhat limited perspective.

One per individual. Plus chargers.

We’ve started watching videos now that we’re back and even though we missed some stuff we didn’t know about, we were glad to have been surprised overall.

When we checked in we were given a bag with a device and charger for each person in the room. We asked if we could use our personal device and they said that for now they recommended using the loaner devices. They also had extra portable chargers (fuel rods) available at the desk in the atrium that you could check out and return at the end if you wanted.

... One thing he didn’t quite get right was he said each of the kids would need their own email addresses but I got them set up just fine linking to my email address.

Are you saying that you were able to set up multiple Play Disney accounts using the same email address?

One per individual. Plus chargers.

Did all members of your party have a Play Disney account?

We all have devices but my youngest is 11 and the minimum age for a Play Disney account is 13. Are under 13 passengers playing as a guest? If so, then how is progress saved?

Did all members of your party have a Play Disney account?

We all have devices but my youngest is 11 and the minimum age for a Play Disney account is 13. Are under 13 passengers playing as a guest? If so, then how is progress saved?

Yes, we each had our own Play Disney accounts. Only two adults, though. I don’t know how they handled kids under 13.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter