STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

I couldn't find the cancellation policy on the starcruiser website. If I cancel prior to 90 days, do I lose any money? Considering a late summer reservation.

Here you go:

Cancellation and Refunds
•​
For cancellations made 90 days or more prior to guest arrival, amounts paid, minus cancellation fees assessed by third party suppliers, non-refundable travel protection plan costs, and other amounts owed, will be refunded.
•​
For cancellations made 31 to 89 days prior to guest arrival, amounts paid, minus 50% of the price of the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser package (excluding price of travel protection plan), plus any cancellation fees assessed by third party suppliers, non-refundable travel protection plan costs, and other amounts owed, will be refunded.
•​
For cancellations made 30 days or less prior to guest arrival or for no-shows, the full price of the package is non-refundable.
•​
No refunds will be made for early departure and for unused or partially used admission tickets, options or features, including meals.
•​
Any refunds allowed by Disney in its sole discretion after arrival must be requested in writing within 90 days after departure and may be assessed a $25 processing fee.
•​
Disney reserves the right to make refunds in accordance with the method that payment was received. All appropriate refunds will be made through the guest’s travel agent if original payment was made by the travel agent to Disney. Disney is not responsible for the receipt of refunded monies by guests from their travel agents.

The only question I want these vloggers/bloggers to answer is “Would I pay $5000 of my own money for this!?” If this doesn’t come up, then their points are moot.
There's a girl on Twitter getting raked over the coals for saying they're not charging enough. Haha. But... I don't know if she said she'd definitely spend her own money on it, lol

Tom Corless will be on the 1st 2 cruises & he will 100% give his honest opinion.

Anyone reading WDWNT the last couple months knows he made up his mind on Starcruiser months ago. He’s just gonna go to hate-watch. People already predisposed to dislike it are going to cling to that opinion, people who want to like it are going to pick it apart, and he’ll get all the traffic to justify the expense.

It’s not only the people in Disney’s pocket that have a financial stake in this after all. It’s all about the clicks over the next week.

The only question I want these vloggers/bloggers to answer is “Would I pay $5000 of my own money for this!?” If this doesn’t come up, then their points are moot.
Then again, would you actually believe their response? Because a vlogger/blogger would never lie and say that they would absolutely spend $5,000 of their own money for the experience.

I’m sorry, my biggest question at this point is whether that video of the space cha cha slide going around is accurate. That’s the first truly “there’s no way it’s this bad” reaction I’ve had this whole time. o_O

I’m sorry, my biggest question at this point is whether that video of the space cha cha slide going around is accurate. That’s the first truly “there’s no way it’s this bad” reaction I’ve had this whole time. o_O
Of all the videos I've seen, that's definitely the most cringe. Everything else looks pretty cool. As an introverted person, some of the interactive play scares me, but some of it would be pretty cool to see.... Sometime

Yes, it's pretty accurate. From what I've seen since the embargo ended, the dining/party cha cha cha experiences seems cringe worthy to me.

Also the weird rock place activity totally breaks the inmersion. It's almost an open air space with no ceiling! You can see the sun!

Last edited:
I will have to find the cha cha slide video. I haven’t seen that yet but still going through all the videos. I am definitely feeling more excited about the experience though! I am totally for the spoilers. I am the planner and want to imagine what the hubby and kids will think. I think they will totally be on board with all of it! The one thing that struck me as funny though. I definitely don’t see any excuses for the continued distanced character meals and meet & greets throughout the parks given the videos showing everyone, actors included, being VERY close together.

So it looks like they replaced the hologram Sabacc in the concept art with just digital sabacc with buttons, and instead of the big viewport at the top of the docking shuttle (like in Space 220) there is just little slit windows to see the cruise ship getting nearer. I'm so confused as to why they couldn't just copy the Space 220 transport screens. Seriously, with the time they've had to develop this, they should have been able to make holo-chess happen, never mind holo-Sabacc. Holo-chess could have been outsourced to the same developer who made it with Lenovo's AR glasses, and lightsaber training could have been made in VR with a headset that looks like Luke's training headset in A New Hope. They could have outsourced it to a VR/AR developer. It's all such low-hanging fruit, and that's a big part of my frustration.

Attachments

• 2021-wdw-walt-disney-world-EPCOT-space-220-31-700x525.jpg
    2021-wdw-walt-disney-world-EPCOT-space-220-31-700x525.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 44
So it looks like they replaced the hologram Sabacc in the concept art with just digital sabacc with buttons, and instead of the big viewport at the top of the docking shuttle (like in Space 220) there is just little slit windows to see the cruise ship getting nearer. I'm so confused as to why they couldn't just copy the Space 220 transport screens. Seriously, with the time they've had to develop this, they should have been able to make holo-chess happen, never mind holo-Sabacc. Holo-chess could have been outsourced to the same developer who made it with Lenovo's AR glasses, and lightsaber training could have been made in VR with a headset that looks like Luke's training headset in A New Hope. They could have outsourced it to a VR/AR developer. It's all such low-hanging fruit, and that's a big part of my frustration.
Agreed. The tech is out there, but the desire for Disney to implement it, is evidently not.

To be honest and just watching Craig’s video, looks like an overpriced pantomime to me.

Also the weird rock place activity totally breaks the inmersion. It's almost an open air space with no ceiling! You can see the sun!

That's their "climate simulator" room.. my understanding is that they put that there because they were concerned about having a space where guests could go "outside" if they started to feel claustrophobic or needed a break.

That's their "climate simulator" room.. my understanding is that they put that there because they were concerned about having a space where guests could go "outside" if they started to feel claustrophobic or needed a break.

Then just send them to Batuu or "other" place in a pod... not just cut open the roof and let the sun in and then say is a "simulator"...

Then just send them to Batuu or "other" place in a pod... not just cut open the roof and let the sun in and then say is a "simulator"...
Honestly, this doesn't bother me in the slightest. Yes - it is a very low-tech solution, but does that make it a bad one? Thankfully, I do not suffer from claustrophobia in most circumstances, but if I did I think the last thing I would want to do was to be told, "Oh just wait a few minutes and you will go into this transport tube, and then in a few minutes you will be out on a planet..." No, it would be more like "Just get me the #@&% outta here!!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter