STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

Nobody said it was value. You are also forgetting meals and park passes are included. Agree its expensive but price is overblown compared to other deluxe room, meals and tickets.

I am someone very quick to criticize disney for certain things but i also want to be fair and give credit where due. Lots of you tubers bashing on disney for ruining star wars with this galactic star cruiser promo and galaxy edge sucks and all thst stuff but there are some great things they’ve done.

Rise of the resistance is just an awesome ride and i don’t want to discourage disney from being ambitious with new attractions. I also think lots of issues with galaxy edge are fixable IE more interactive actors and shows to engage with, more kinetic visuals, including more classic characters, i know they have continuity prorities but have luke or darth vader walking around or fighting in a show. just stagger when it’s new series vs old series chars. I just don’t like how the restaurant lounge and lightsaber build are upcharges with a major focus on shopping. I can barely afford a ticket once a year lol.

Hopefully they add another ride or attraction as well: but i fear expansion may ultimately take over muppets 3d area sadly.

I also want to praise disney for trying something different, creative endeavors are always risk and they went for something new and highly ambitious. Also unlike a ride which has a very moment by moment tightly timed and built experience with complex mechanchics, this is something they can twea adjust, improve, or refurbish section at a time, or even change the whole format. We will sex how it is and how it goes.

Also it honestly doesn’t matter too much to me cause i’ll never ever be able to pay 1.5 grand for 2 nights lol.

Nobody said it was value. You are also forgetting meals and park passes are included. Agree its expensive but price is overblown compared to other deluxe room, meals and tickets.
I wasn't too interested in this before the price came out. Once that was revealed, I had NO interest in it. while we can easily afford the price, We just have no interest in it.
Hoping there are enough others to make it a success, but I'm worried.

I really don’t think comparing Starcruiser to any resort is a fair assessment of value or same costs. Many have stated that you can pay $1000 a night for Poly or GF…yes, but it is just $1000 a night…your whole family can stay in the room. On Starcruiser it cost me $3400 a night for my wife, godson (5) and I for a total of $6800 for 2 nights. So to say that there is value in that is crazy…think about it..you arrive at say 1:00 everything is done by 10:00 ish on day 1….9 hours onboard. Then the next day you are at Galaxies Edge all day…so maybe you are onboard for another 5 hours after your trip to the park….then the last day you are up at 8 and out by 11 so another 3 hours. So a grand total of 17 hours actually awake and on the Galactic Starcruiser for a total of $400 per hour of entertainment onboard. So when someone tells me there is value…I guess if you consider $400 an hour to be entertained a value. I am not saying any of this in a bad way, I am just saying it is hard to call it a value with a straight face.

It is one of those things that I have not told many people we have booked this trip…why? Because I know what most people will say…

Value no…Fun Hopefully…will I keep the trip? Still not sure to be honest.

Exactly. The current Disney VIP tour is $800/hr. If you can find a family to split it with its $400/hr. Even in today's diluted value environment, I'd much rather be whisked through all rides in 1-2 parks than pay similar for this experience (as previewed at least).

Edit to add that I think that to truly do it "old school Disney maximum effort" this experience would be 50 rooms and cost $10k over 3-4 days with various "value" reservations granted in low quantities during off season to be able to give a reasonable "starting" price. I am in no way saying that wouldn't be a giant affront to middle class, dedicated Disney + SW fans, reminiscent of the "coupon day!" remark from Jurassic Park. But I truly think that's what modern economics would dictate for Disney (as presently incorporated) to actually deliver. I think that would include a DCA-Grand California style direct hotel-park entrance, an exclusive "ride" or similar for hotel guests only, unlimited access with unlimited front of the line privileges to all rides at DHS (possibly all of WDW honestly), a completely dedicated host/actor/jedi/etc for your family for all days, a complete SW costume that you could keep upon leaving, in addition to the fairly obvious tech + decor enhancements already indicated elsewhere. To be fair, I'm not saying this would be preferable (from a moral/middle class standpoint) but at least it would "feel" premium/luxury/done right.

To put a finer point on it, Kendall Roy's 40th birthday party on Succession felt more "out of this world" than than teaser trailer for SWGS did (granted Kendall had a higher budget).

Last edited:
Or compare it to a 2-day cruise.
I wasn't too interested in this before the price came out. Once that was revealed, I had NO interest in it. while we can easily afford the price, We just have no interest in it.
Hoping there are enough others to make it a success, but I'm worried.
Exactly. I am not a huge SW fan (more Star Trek) but I wanted to do this as a fan of sci fi. Until I saw the price. Now that I’ve seen the videos I think it could be boring or at least geared towards kids too much for me. The bridge looks like Star Wars imo but still seems off and the interactive elements feel too much like smugglers run. I want a pool too even if it’s only 2 days 😂

I think comparing this to the poly is a stretch but compared to DCL or even maybe a Celebrity/Princess cruise in a nice room (& those lines cheaper than DCL) is fair. No value in the price for me but I still hope it’s fun for anyone who does want to do it. It just seems a little cheap feeling for 6k in my opinion.

Is the price really obscene? A nice room at poly or gf for 2 nights is easy 2k+. Add in meals including 2 nights of supposedly deluxe dining and entertainment plus park tickets. Yes their is a bit of premium but is it obscene in comparison? The previews could be more impressive but the price criticism is overplayed.
It is overpriced for people who already have an annual pass. The price of park admittance should be deducted for them If their cruise is not during blockout dates.

Reading through these comments one thing that struck me is that $1000/night at the monorail resorts has become normalized and we are assessing the value of galactic cruiser based on that highly inflated rate. It’s so out of whack.

I think galactic cruiser will probably be a fun and unique experience for those who don’t mind dropping a few grand for some entertainment and diversion. But anyone saving up for a once in a lifetime “blow your socks off” type adventure will be disappointed.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out. Maybe it’s better than it looks in those promo vids.

I watched the video preview of the hotel before they took it down it’s generic sci fi not Star Wars. It also looks cheap seemingly people are cancelling booking but $6000 grand for cheap and not Star Wars

Value for the dollar is very relative and could be debated endlessly. I mean, you can buy a cheap car for $10k or a Lamborghini for $100k, and both will get you from point A to B. I think the real debate here is more of "But is the Lamborghini going to turn out to be an Edsel"?

Late the party but.......what was that. No wonder they pulled the video.

I really hope the people that paid for that get something far better than what they have shown. This does not bode well for epcot refurb.

Late the party but.......what was that. No wonder they pulled the video.

I really hope the people that paid for that get something far better than what they have shown. This does not bode well for epcot refurb.
Honestly, this makes all the hand-wringing over “They‘re ruining Imagineering by sending it to Florida!” nonsensical. If this is the type of thing they’re developing, a house cleaning is in order.

Honestly, this makes all the hand-wringing over “They‘re ruining Imagineering by sending it to Florida!” nonsensical. If this is the type of thing they’re developing, a house cleaning is in order.

I think that’s the problem. Didn’t a lot of the imagineers leave? And weren’t a lot of them let go due to downsizing? I thought I had read that when it was happening (?)

I think that’s the problem. Didn’t a lot of the imagineers leave? And weren’t a lot of them let go due to downsizing? I thought I had read that when it was happening (?)
This had been designed and construction started years ago. I don’t believe Imagineers are in charge of the marketing video production, but could be wrong. But, from a concept to execution standpoint, it’s all the people they’ve been there for years

If you are DVC you have to use points for 1st person.
Note, there are several reports upthread that confirmed that you can use points for the 3rd/4th person in the room or for a child in the room.
The official statement leading up to DVC presale was only that if you booked during the presale one person had to pay via points. So once people were able to get thru to the CM booking agents, some people thought ahead & asked about paying in points for 3rd person or for child rather than just going with the assumption that it logically would have to be the first person in the room.
No doubt Disney/DVC counted on people not asking, and just paying in points for the first guest listed. They worded it very carefully, allowing for the ambiguity to work in their favor. As far as I know, CM’s were not offering the option to reduce how many points it would cost… instead they just booked it the way you requested. (“Hi. I want to book a DVC cabin on the Starcruiser. So here’s our deets…. 300-and-change in points + thousands more in cash… awesome! I’ll take it, sign us up!!”) And I’m sure it was a pretty small percentage that thought to ask & got the better deal. (Idk points differential for first adult vs third… but child vs adult was 80-something vs 316 or something like that… huge difference).

[Note: I am not DVC, so I may have worded something slightly oddly. “Pay in points”, etc. I’m sure my basic meaning can be figured out however. I apologize for any awkward phrasing.]

People can spend their money however they want, it's not my place to judge their decisions.

But, this thing is absolutely not worth the price of admission. I can quote Star Wars chapter and verse, but this seems to be for a people a whole lot more into it than I am....the people who dress up in stormtrooper costumes and what not. That group runs out of $6000 pp real fast...and for what? Every video on this is underwhelming as hell.

Other than this coming with a t-shirt that says "I could afford the Starcruiser and you couldn't, plebe" I can't see how this pays off. And that's the thing... I want it to too, so, so bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter