STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

I would suggest that if someone’s pleasure in the experience is so fragile that wearing a mask ruins it then it probably wasn’t worth spending $7-15,000 on in the first place. I could completely agree that it is not ideal and the experiences would be better not wearing a mask, but if someone believes that this may be a tipping point in and of itself then I personally think that person should probably wait until he/she sees some reviews and has more confidence that it is worth the cost in the first place. Lot of things someone can do with that money, so anyone straddling the fence so closely should probably just hold off.

Exactly why I think people are starting to cancel.

My two cents about masks and this particular experience - I think perhaps for some people it might depend on the rule about photos.

If guests are allowed to take photos with their own cameras/phones whenever they want on the ship: Then some guests might wish they were doing this experience at a time when masks are not required. They might wish they could take lots of photos of their loved ones on the ship without masks.

But if guests are not allowed to take photos with their own cameras/phones at all (which is what someone said he was told by cast members in a video blog post linked above): perhaps having to wear masks on the ship might be less of a big deal.

Just a thought.

The “rule” about not taking pictures still remains unconfirmed, and also completely impossible to enforce in an experience that literally requires everyone to be using their phones regularly.

The “rule” about not taking pictures still remains unconfirmed, and also completely impossible to enforce in an experience that literally requires everyone to be using their phones regularly.
I think they dont want people putting up videos and vlogs on youtube for this because then most will simply watch the video and not pay $10,000.

I just don't get it. The inside of the ship in RoTR and the Millennium Falcon looks very detailed and the pictures of the inside of the resort just look cheap, especially the bridge. It looks generic Sci-Fi, not Star Wars at all. How can they get one so right and the other seem so wrong? I thought the concept of lightsaber training seemed really fun. The video showing what actually happens just looks bad.
As others mentioned, with all the money and creative people at Disney, they come up with a terrible PR video.
It will be interesting to see what kind of repeat business it does. Or if they quickly have to decrease the price to fill after the initial hype wears off. Or maybe the photos are wrong and it will be much better than expected.

The stuff in the video looks appallingly bad.

The Galactic Cruiser Bridge with the Soviet era control panels. How can they get something so wrong when even the Star Wars VOID Virtual Reality blows this away.

If I’m not mistaken I believe Disney had announced they were going to show a preview on the Galactic Starcruiser during its Christmas parade special. Instead, it made no mention or reference to it. I have to believe the marketing efforts are being massively retooled.

They didn’t mention anything about it when I booked.

If I’m not mistaken I believe Disney had announced they were going to show a preview on the Galactic Starcruiser during its Christmas parade special. Instead, it made no mention or reference to it. I have to believe the marketing efforts are being massively retooled.

Shows you how out of touch they are with reality to actually think they were going to roll out the whole program around that video.

Shows you how out of touch they are with reality to actually think they were going to roll out the whole program around that video.
You mean the Christmas special that caused the whole YouTube drama? I didn’t see anything about GS related to the Christmas Day parade.

I think they dont want people putting up videos and vlogs on youtube for this because then most will simply watch the video and not pay $10,000.

If they do discourage it it’s probably also an actor’s union rules thing (Same reason people aren’t supposed to record stage shows)

If they do discourage it it’s probably also an actor’s union rules thing (Same reason people aren’t supposed to record stage shows)
As I understand, the characters you meet in the theme parks are also members of the actor's union. There certainly is no effort in the parks to stop photographing/videoing, so I find the rumor of no photos allowed to be completely unbelievable.

Is this a adult only resort or family one? What can families do with young children?
It is not being marketed as an adult only resort. The promotional pictures/art concepts, the rooms and advertised "adventures" clearly demonstrate that Disney is marketing to families with older and younger children. Bunk beds in rooms are a hallmark of marketing towards families with younger and grown children. Kids love bunk beds.

As to your second question, I have no clue what "adventures" a small child could partake in. Frankly, I was quite underwhelmed (as an adult) with the sample itinerary that was released months ago, the room pictures and amenities, the promotional video that was ultimately removed, and the welcome video. So, I'm not sure what fun "adventures" exist for older children and adults, let alone young children? This experience just doesn't look interesting to me and the videos promoting it looked, for lack of a better term, weird.

Is this a adult only resort or family one? What can families do with young children?
Depends how young. Children must be 7 in order to do the lightsaber training. I don’t think there is an age limit on the bridge, but other activities are supposed to be kind of role-playish, so I’m not sure how much fun that would be for smaller children.

I would suggest that if someone’s pleasure in the experience is so fragile that wearing a mask ruins it then it probably wasn’t worth spending $7-15,000 on in the first place. I could completely agree that it is not ideal and the experiences would be better not wearing a mask, but if someone believes that this may be a tipping point in and of itself then I personally think that person should probably wait until he/she sees some reviews and has more confidence that it is worth the cost in the first place. Lot of things someone can do with that money, so anyone straddling the fence so closely should probably just hold off.

Why are you so passive aggressive that people don’t want to wear a mask their whole experience aboard the experience for two whole days.

having seen the rooms the bridge and the lightsaber training its cheap generic and certainly not worth the money

Depends how young. Children must be 7 in order to do the lightsaber training. I don’t think there is an age limit on the bridge, but other activities are supposed to be kind of role-playish, so I’m not sure how much fun that would be for smaller children.
I’m glad you told me this! I was debating booking next year but our son will be six and it would break his heart to be left out. Strange since I seem to recall the lightsaber/jedi academy experience they used to do on the stage near star tours was not limited to 7 and up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter