Star Wars breakfast menu at Sci Fi

Is this something new they are doing or only certain times?? We are going in Nov my boys would LOVE this!!!

Right now it is limited to May & early June-- thru Star Wars Weekends. Hopefully they'll see the interest & keep it. There were many manager types hanging around the check in area as we left, all asking how we like it. We said it was great, we loved it.

Just came back, did this on May 11th, man this is fabulous! We had 8:05 ADR, was seated really quickly. Loved the atmosphere! There is soo much food, they kept giving us food before we were even half way through the other food, I think they were doing that so they would not be running behind later. Also we asked them to box up the pastries for later :) We had no issue meeting all the charatcters in a timely matter like I have read about with other people. It seems like they worked out some of their kinks.
I order the tonga toast, the best french toast I have had and I had sausage on the side. All the characters were soo much fun, traded with the Jawas a glow and the dark bracelet, they loved it. I hope Disney continues this longer than the star wars weekends, it is soo much fun and is great option for people who want something other than princess. Also do not worry if you do not have any kids with you, there were alot adult groups here. I would do this again in a heart beat, wish the price was more affordable, but it is Disney.

We had breakfast here on Fri 5/9. We had an 8 AM ADR so were among the first seated. We did enjoy it & had plenty of food. In fact, we didn't even touch the pastries. The CM brought the pastries right as we sat. We knew what we wanted to order thanks to this thread & because it was so early, the food was brought right out. We were getting settled, fixing our coffee & checking out the clips so we hadn't started the pastries yet when the fruit cup came. And we barely finished that when our entrees came. I was pleasantly surprised with the fruit cup. I normally don't like cantaloupe or honeydew, but this was pretty good. Those fruits were mild & did not over power everything else. We both had the stuffed French toast. The strawberries made the dish for me. It isn't something I would go out of my way for, but it was very good. And thanks Mom2of2 for all the info. Thanks to you, we knew we could ask for bacon & that was great too! Liked the photo op with Darth Vader & Boba Fett. I traded with the Jawas: got a Disney resort pen for a rubber band. Not a bad deal! :rotfl2: We saw all the characters, but we didn't hang around or dawdle after eating since it was 8:45 & we headed to TSMM. We enjoyed the clips . I would do this again. I just wish Disney would explain the photo downloads better. We expected to get an actual picture. I am not tech savvy. We stopped at the Photopass shop on our way out to get out picture. We were just told to download it at home. I haven't tried it yet so I hope I can do it. I really want that picture!

Focusondis, we were there the same exact time!! Our ADR was for 9:45 but we were there before the park opened and they just took us in at 8am and sat us :) it was great! I ate so many pastries I was full with thesinglefrench toast and didn't even need to embarrass the wife by ordering more..plus we wanted to get a head start to toy story mania so we bailed quickly.. We were the first riders for toy story :) :)

My boys traded used Mickey stickers off our shirts and got first timer pins with no names on them. Lol..

Focusondis, we were there the same exact time!! Our ADR was for 9:45 but we were there before the park opened and they just took us in at 8am and sat us :) it was great! I ate so many pastries I was full with thesinglefrench toast and didn't even need to embarrass the wife by ordering more..plus we wanted to get a head start to toy story mania so we bailed quickly.. We were the first riders for toy story :) :)

My boys traded used Mickey stickers off our shirts and got first timer pins with no names on them. Lol..

Omg! I think I got one of your stickers!:rotfl2: I traded a safety pin with the 2nd Jawa & got an unused sticker, but there was a used sticker stuck to it, so they handed me both. Small world! :goodvibes

So it was confirmed that you can request additional pastries, yogurts or entrees?

We ordered extra pastries, extra fruit, extra sausage and even changed our side order to the horseradish potatoes (they brought us both the original side and the substitution). We had absolutely no issues!!!!

I had to post this from our breakfast :) We were also at Hollywood and Vine for a late lunch and were there while they were setting up for the first SW dinner there. I have a couple of their dessert pics, which are awesome. They had a cake like a storm trooper's head...

I think if they continued to offer this past SWW, my kid's head with explode with joy. :yay: He has already asked me to change our trip dates, LOL.

Is anyone able to report back successfully having an 8:00am ADR and getting finished in time for JTA sign-ups without being rushed?

FWIW, my date is June 9th, a non-SWW day. I figure worst case scenario is I duck out with the two boys I have with me for sign-ups while my wife waits for us to return. We'll be sure to ask for the check as soon as we are seated. :thumbsup2

Is anyone able to report back successfully having an 8:00am ADR and getting finished in time for JTA sign-ups without being rushed?

FWIW, my date is June 9th, a non-SWW day. I figure worst case scenario is I duck out with the two boys I have with me for sign-ups while my wife waits for us to return. We'll be sure to ask for the check as soon as we are seated. :thumbsup2

I would say you should be ok, especially if you are there early for your ressie. With some of the first ADR's we had to stand on a line to get in if we got there right at our ressie time. FWIW, it took us about 1 hour and 10 minutes but... we took our time, didn't order right away, kids got side-tracked watching the movie clips and we had a delay with the Jawa's coming to us BUT we were there the first day. I'd say if you get there early, order right away and let them know you need to make JTA sign up, you should be ok. Worse case is you duck out and then return.

Due to a family emergency i will be cancelling my Sci Fi reservations for the 22nd @ 8:20am.I hope on you of you can grab this slot and enjoy it.I will be cancelling in the next 30 mins.GL

If anyone has more food pics, I would appreciate you posting them. Thanks

nxzTQumbIW

I can't see anything on the message but an x in a box. Is there supposed to be a link?

No. That's me being computer illiterate. Lol.. I had to upload the photos to photobucket.. The second post has all the food pics from the breakfast..

Those look good. Thanks for posting. I can't wait to try it out for myself.

It was very good. I didn't even have to ask for extra anything.. Of course my kids only ate half their kids french toast sticks so I had a few while at the restaurant then took the rest to go and ate them later.. The kids french toast sticks are tasty. :)

Focusondisney, I was looking through some photos and thought. Hmm i wonder if they are in the background of my pics. And i wonder if we are in their pics dde0a

841502E7-EAAA-4A44-9BEA-10C9CC387BF1_zps2pc8gifh.jpg

B1304765-9724-40D7-84D8-653D283F40A6_zpsbrhuqiim.jpg

3A5862DB-1EBD-48FA-9E59-FE92D0386E13_zpszawstxy9.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter