Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular - Timing

skwez

Earning My Ears
Hello all. I have an upcoming trip in October, and I'm a little confused by the timing listed for the Star Wars fireworks show.
HS park hours are listed as 9am-8pm, but SW:GS is listed at 8:30pm. Is this a typo, or do they actually run the show 30 minutes after park close?

Second question, if the 8:30pm timing is correct, would it be at all possible to catch Fantasmic! and SW:GS on the same night?

It is quite common for the nighttime shows to run at or after park close. Basically all the attractions close up and most of the shops and such, and the masses gather for the show. The show will be the only thing left to do and everyone will exit after it is over.

As for Fantasmic! it will depend on when that is running that night. If it is also after close, I don't think you could fit it in, or even make your way to a decent SW spot (though if you don't mind standing toward the very back, maybe).

Very common. It's not a typo. It's done to break up the crowd. Some staying to watch the fireworks and others leaving at 8pm since everything else will be closing.

To watch both it depends on the timing. If it's only a 30 min gap between the two, then really no it's not possible to see both and have a good view. You'll need either a 60 or 90 min gap in between

We did both in one night... once. You have to leave Fantasmic! about 5-10 minutes early and RUN to the chinese theatre to catch all of Star Wars.

When we were there, Star Wars atarted while Fantasmic was still going on. Not sure of the timing when you will be there. They w=usually have the timing so you can't see both and the crowd from Fantasmic leaves before the Star Wars show is over.

Appreciate everyone's feedback. For reference, the day I'm looking at has Fantasmic! and park close at 8pm; SW:GS at 8:30pm. My assumption was that it would be impossible to see both, and that seems to be the consensus. Guess I'll have to choose one or the other since this is the only HS day of the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter