Star tours- random?

Blue Caterpillar

DIS Veteran
Both my last two trips in the last two years, I have only seen the last Jedi scences. Am I unlucky or is it still locked on those?

I really missed the chance to go to the wookie planet etc.

Both my last two trips in the last two years, I have only seen the last Jedi scences. Am I unlucky or is it still locked on those?

I really missed the chance to go to the wookie planet etc.

Sounds like you and I have the same luck
https://www.disboards.com/threads/star-tours-anyone-go-anywhere-besides-crait-recently.3724043/

From people's responses to my post it seems like there is hope. I rode ST at DHS a couple weeks ago and did get the Wookie Planet and Naboo...

A post meant for me! Because in January I went to Disneyland on a Wednesday at rope drop and did NOTHING but ride Star Tours till 2 PM! (I was trying to be the Rebel Spy.) (I was not the Rebel Spy)

It is random, but all the sequel content is locked to itself. It has it's own two openings (stormtroopers/falcon/Rey and the other is Kylo Ren) and three transitions (BB-8 or Poe or Maz) but the planets will always be Jakku->Crait->Batuu.

All the other content is scrambled resulting in more variations. I got nothing but sequel trilogy three rides in row on that day (though the transitions weren't all the same) and wasn't even in the same Star Speeder, so it's just luck of the draw.

We were there last week and asked a CM about this and she said there are 9 different versions and it is a random computer generation as to which version shows in which car. I don’t know if that’s true or not but that’s what she said!

Most of the stuff now is the newer movies. I remembered about 6 years ago or so there was a lot more variety to what you would see. I heard there were 42 or 46 different combinations back then. If they would mix in the old with the new more often it would be a lot more enjoyable.

When I was there last month it was like 80% of 10 or so rides TLJ and when ever I commented on it tona cast member befor boarding the next ride was TLJ some how.

We were there earlier this month - kids rode it twice - exact same scene both times and same as last March when we were there so they've given up - they are sick of it randomly generating what appears to be 1 scene. On a positive note I think we've hit all the songs on GOTG though!

Was there early on Sunday morning and got an older sequence. As I recall, it was Darth Vader, then pod racing (this is the one I am not 100% sure on), Yoda, and then Death Star with the bounty hunter. But is seems about 50% of the time I do get new scenes from Last Jedi. The CM said there are like 80-90 variations.

We had a lot of variety the last four days. I don't know the names of places so forgive me, but we had snow, and underwater, and pod races, and the death star and we even got Princess Leia once which made me a little teary. I was also the rebel spy for the first time #lifegoals

I think we rode it six times and only had a repeat once. I feel lucky! We had a discussion about how we thought everything would end at Batuu because they want to market Galaxy's Edge, but on the flip side maybe they are starting to mix it up in order to really play up the entire Star Wars world. In the end we only saw Batuu twice.

So there is hope! Though I do feel pretty unlucky, as I rode it maybe 5x over 3 days....
A New Hope :goodvibes
We had a lot of variety the last four days. I don't know the names of places so forgive me, but we had snow, and underwater, and pod races, and the death star and we even got Princess Leia once which made me a little teary. I was also the rebel spy for the first time #lifegoals...
You are strong with the Force :worship:

Off topic but in all my years riding RSR I have only got the pain t once, tires ever damn time for me.

We are the same way, probably tires 7/8 time we have ridden it

As for ST - anyone else think its days are numbered? Will Disney be looking to be something else into that space (at both parks) that would be more "unique" now that GE will be serving up Star Wars goodness?

We had a lot of variety the last four days. I don't know the names of places so forgive me, but we had snow, and underwater, and pod races, and the death star and we even got Princess Leia once which made me a little teary. I was also the rebel spy for the first time #lifegoals

I think we rode it six times and only had a repeat once. I feel lucky! We had a discussion about how we thought everything would end at Batuu because they want to market Galaxy's Edge, but on the flip side maybe they are starting to mix it up in order to really play up the entire Star Wars world. In the end we only saw Batuu twice.
That's awesome to hear. I haven't had the snow one in FOREVER. And that was my favorite scene. I hope we get it in March. :thumbsup2
I wonder if they have realized people are sick of the same scene over and over when it is supposedly supposed to be unique each time.

This past Monday we got the pod racing scene in Tatooine and the Death Star, so no, it's not locked down on TLJ sequences.

On a positive note I think we've hit all the songs on GOTG though!
We were able to do that last time! We were missing everything except "Give up the Funk." When the music starting playing DH and I cheered and high-fived each other. Pretty silly we got so worked up over it. :)

we were so disappointed when it was locked on the same scenes - we even asked a CM and she confirmed with us it wasn't as random as it used to be! Our last trip in November we finally got some different scenes, its still frustrating as the ride used to be so good when you'd get a completely different version each time...the first time we went to DL we rode it 8 times in a row trying to see all the scenes and got different stuff every time!

I’ve done it twice so far on my current trip:

Monday: Vader/Wookie planet/Leia/Naboo
Tuesday: Vader/Hoth/Akbar/Boba Fett at the second Death Star

So the randomization appears to be working (or I’ve gotten very lucky). The loading CM today said there are currently 96 possible combinations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter