Star Tours question

I do think at time the odds favor the latest sequences....

It's been a favorite of ours... as it's usually not too long of a wait.

If you see Kylo Ren you are pretty much guaranteed a specific scene next. We kept getting the same ride over and over last trip and when we would see him we knew at that point we were screwed. The cast members were awesome and they were determined to get us a different ride, so they let us keep going in over and over until finally we got a different one. It also has to follow a timeline of sorts, so you won't see 2 characters who didn't exist at the same time during the ride.

I think the earlier mentions of some vehicles being “locked” match my experience vs being pure random.
When they decide to load the end vehicles, I get more of the different experiences, where the middle vehicles happen to give me the same experience every time.
(Except when they lock all vehicles on the new movie...I actually enjoyed the ROS experience more than my partial RotR)

In January it was locked. My kids very disappointed as they love to ride it multiple times. They indicated after some time it would go back to random. Random makes this worth multiple rides. However in 2018 we rode 4 times one day with 3 1/2 identical runs. All on different boarding areas. So who knows how random it is sometimes.

I remember when Star Tours 2.0 first came online with the randomized sequences, we rode multiple times trying to see all of them (IIRC, there was one that I never did catch). Last time we were there, it was the same every time (TLJ sequences with the red salt skimmers (or whatever those are called). Glad to hear there are options for TROS and also the older, randomized sequences. Makes repeat riding much more enjoyable when it's a little bit different every time.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: I love this board! I had NO idea there were multiple versions.
But it makes sense now.

Rode original probably more than 100 times (200 maybe?) and at 3 different parks; didn't ride re-do right away since I didn't do enclosed spaces for a long time (thanks to a bad experience on Mission Space and a first-ever panic attack. [Even attempted at DL once and walked back out the entrance doors before they closed after sitting down.])

Finally rode ST again last WDW trip in September because "how can I handle trying a new simulator (SR) if I can't do this one anymore?" -- and it was great. Then rode it at DL this last January and all I could think was, "Wow, I don't remember this at ALL." (I also got very panic-y which was odd. But that worries me that there may be some versions that are slightly more tame than others?)

It's disappointing that Crait and Exegol are sequences, since they don't really lend themselves well to a Star Tours adventure.

Much better choices would be Scarif and the Kessel run.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter