• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Tours no longer random?

FSU Girl

DIS Veteran
I know before Star Tours had like 50 different options and combinations and every time you rode it could be something different. The last couple times I went on it, it was exactly the same scenes from the new movie, except for a different person being added here or there. Am I just unlucky in getting the same stuff over and over, or is the randomness done with to promote the new movie?

I know before Star Tours had like 50 different options and combinations and every time you rode it could be something different. The last couple times I went on it, it was exactly the same scenes from the new movie, except for a different person being added here or there. Am I just unlucky in getting the same stuff over and over, or is the randomness done with to promote the new movie?

I don't think it's as random as it used to be, no. We rode it probably 6 or 7 times between our Thanksgiving and Xmas trip. It was exactly the same, except the beginning when they try to stop the StarTours ship (sometimes it was Stormtroopers, others it was Kylo Ren), and the "message", which was from different people. But the adventures were the same each time. I presume it's to promote the new movie, as well as Star Wars Land (the last scene).

It's a shame too. While I like the ride a lot, it could be SO much more. Think of the endless and endless possibilities they could do with it, given how many movies and cool scenes there are. They could do so many that you'd almost be guaranteed to never have the same ride twice.

I don't think it's as random as it used to be, no. We rode it probably 6 or 7 times between our Thanksgiving and Xmas trip. It was exactly the same, except the beginning when they try to stop the StarTours ship (sometimes it was Stormtroopers, others it was Kylo Ren), and the "message", which was from different people. But the adventures were the same each time. I presume it's to promote the new movie, as well as Star Wars Land (the last scene).

It's a shame too. While I like the ride a lot, it could be SO much more. Think of the endless and endless possibilities they could do with it, given how many movies and cool scenes there are. They could do so many that you'd almost be guaranteed to never have the same ride twice.
That's a bummer. I thought it was weird when I rode it in December twice and it was the same, but thought it could be possible. But I rode it twice in January and it was the same. I didn't realize the last scene was for the new land.

This is temporary for the new movie. They'll bring back the randomization in the near future, supposedly where you can choose if you want scenes from 1-6 or 7-9.

Well, if DHS makes the cut for my one day visit next week I now know not to bother going on Star Tours more than once....

love the different experiences, made repeat rides all that more fun not knowing exactly what you'd get

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter