• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Tours FP - do they run out by 2pm?

Mugglemama

DIS Veteran
We're squeezing in a ONE day surprise visit for the kids on a Mid-August Wednesday. Disneyland ONLY.

My DH and 2 sons are Star Wars fans, so my DH wants to take them in to see the new ST. I, on the other hand, am totally bummed that we're going to have to "waste" a FP on this ride (I mean, technically, all you do is sit in a moving box, lol), because we only have the one day this time.

I have sort of an itinerary going...that would put us over in Tomorrowland to grab a FP around 2pm (there's no way in heck I'm going to use up the morning FP's that we can grab on this ride). DH and the boys will definitely survive if they have to miss it this visit (we'll be back next Spring). But there's some open space in my schedule at 2pm, and I could send DH over to check on FP's at that time.

Any educated guesses as to what our chances will be of getting FP's that late?

I would say your chances are slim of getting a FP at 2pm. If you did, it would be for 11pm -- will your kids still be awake?
Can you be to the park at opening? Weds is a non-magic-morning, right? If you were there prior to rope drop and got a FP right away, you could then go collect other FP's about an hour later. I think getting the Star Tours FP first, and then collecting others is the way to go. Sorry.

Thanks for the speedy replies!

I think this is another one to scratch off our list, and save for our next visit - next year. I just read reviews that said people who are there right at rope drop, are STILL having to wait 15-20 minutes just to GET the FP's. I'd have to give up my short-line-Peter-Pan time for that! NOT.GONNA.HAPPEN. Lol!!!

Thanks again! :)

What about sending another adult to get the ST FP while you go to PP?
I wouldn't give up my Fantasyland time either, but if I had another adult along that I could send, I'd do that.

I think you got your answer already. DISers are definitely a helpful bunch! FPs for this ride have been running out before 2pm pretty much regularly. Last weekend, they were still available around Noon, but for return times well into the night. I like the suggestion by brenda1966 to possibly send your DH to get ST FPs while you and the rest of the family go to Peter Pan. If he really wants to go on ST, maybe he's willing to give up PP on this trip. :goodvibes

Yup. Just got back from 4 days in DL/DCA. The ST FP's were all gone by 11 everyday. There's a 15 minute line to just get FP's! Best thing to do is stay at the resort hotels to get the Magic Morning time to ride the rides and also get the 2 instant FP's per person. The hotel FP's are available all day even after the regular ones are gone. Huge perk here.

Wow! We must have gotten lucky on our last visit which was a couple weeks prior to the official opening of ST. They happened to open it for a soft opening that day and we just walked on. All day it never got more than a 15 minute wait. Guess people didn't realize it was open. Also rode Mermaid that same day during a soft opening although that ride was about 30 minutes wait.

Considering the fact that you'll be lucky to get a closing time FP at noon I'd say your chances are none. If waiting in an hour plus line isn't worth skipping with a morning FP then I wouldn't count on riding ST this visit.

Thanks for all the input, everyone!

We'll probably just skip it this time. I'll ask him if he wants to give up his PP time at opening to go wait in line for ST FP's (which to me, sounds insane, but I digress, lol). I figure he'll opt against it, but I will run the idea by him.

Thanks everybody! :thumbsup2

It's sounds to me *from another post of yours* like Splash FPs are a big priority for you - why not single ride Splash *and Indy* or some of you group could at least, get ST FPs for those who want to ride and tell them they can SR Splash and Indy *of course you can get FPs for those after the ST FP*

Is it something where you might get fast passes for PP and they coul use just their two tickets for ST FPs? Not everyone has to burn their FP for ST that way and if you wait till after the start time of the later one, you guys could easily split up and go to your selected rides without missing out riding other rides together.

My BF's HUGE into Star Wars and I think if I can give him the chance to experience this ride (since the other rides he will have had more chances to ride in past visits) I know it would mean a lot to him. Unfortunately, that means I have to ride it too and I've been scared of it since I was little. :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter