Standard vs Garden View

abidale

DIS Veteran
Hi, all! My fiance and I are having our honeymoon at Aulani. We impulsively decided to fly to California after our week in Hawaii for a few days at Disneyland. To cut back on some costs, would it be worth it to downgrade our room from Garden View to Standard View?

If you have stayed in a Garden View, what was your view like? Was it worth the extra $?

If you've stayed in a Standard View, did you wish you had gone for something different, or did you find that it didn't bother you?

Any pictures would be much appreciated as well! Thanks so much!

Standard view appears to be pretty much a view of the convention center. Garden view is generally much nicer. If you book garden view, and mention that it’s your honeymoon, they’ll hopefully give you a room with a view of the gardens and island. I think it will definitely be well worth the extra $.

You can check here for rooms by type, and then you can view pics from individual rooms by number to get an idea of what to expect:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/aulani-villas-views-revised-07-22-2017.2907389/

Last edited:
Standard view appears to be pretty much a view of the convention center. Garden view is generally much nicer. If you book garden view, and mention that it’s your honeymoon, they’ll hopefully give you a room with a view of the gardens and island. I think it will definitely be well worth the extra $.

You can check here for rooms by type, and then you can view pics from individual rooms by number to get an idea of what to expect:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/aulani-villas-views-revised-07-22-2017.2907389/

Thank you so much for this! I think we'll probably leave it as is. I was wondering if we should mention it's our honeymoon. I would never expect anything, but it can't hurt-- I remember getting bumped to a savanna view at AKL on a birthday trip as a kid.

If you get an island garden view category room there are many of them that will have a great ocean view from the balcony. I can't remember the rooms to request but the information is on here somewhere

If you get an island garden view category room there are many of them that will have a great ocean view from the balcony. I can't remember the rooms to request but the information is on here somewhere
An accidental ocean view would be AMAZING. I'll have to find those specific rooms to request- thank you!

It’s very common to make specific room requests. I think they’ll definitely try to help if you call reservations and let them know any specific request you have, and let them know “we’re trying to make sure it’s a magical trip - it’s our Honeymoon!”.

As newdeal mentioned, there are several threads which mention specific rooms or things to request. The views thread can give you an indication of what specific views would look like - once you find something you like, you can request those characteristics (higher floor, room near xx73, etc.).

One thing people have complained about is the distance from the elevators, to the rooms at the end of the buildings. Depending on how much you’ll be going to/from the room, you may want to consider that.

Here’s the view from a xx73 room - garden view, but plenty of ocean view as well. (Grabbed it from TripAdvisor).

1655914625975.jpeg

If you do a search on - dvc info rooms views forum aulani - the first result should be a posting on another forum which has a great number of views from rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter