Standard room views at Jambo

ZebraDomeCrazy

Silliness is one of my best qualities!
We are heading down again in early December and decided we would try Jambo House this time after several Kidani visits. We booked a Deluxe studio standard view. Can anyone tell me what that view may be? Is there any chance of it being by the lobby or pool?

Jane

At Jambo, most of the standards are pool view, which, obviously, are near the pool and those range from fairly close to lobby to not too far away. The remainder are a small number of savanna view rooms that were converted to standard because view was not that good which, based on reports of those who have gotten them, are either close to lobby or very far away.

We were lucky and got a reclassified savanna room on standard points. (We did not make any requests)
The people pen was under our room but we thought the view was great.

drusba said:
At Jambo, most of the standards are pool view, which, obviously, are near the pool and those range from fairly close to lobby to not too far away. The remainder are a small number of savanna view rooms that were converted to standard because view was not that good which, based on reports of those who have gotten them, are either close to lobby or very far away.

Standard studios at Jambo which have view if pool and are "close to lobby"..what kind of pool noise do you hear from the 5th or 6th floor?? Not "into pool noise" quite frankly! Thanks!!!!

Standard studios at Jambo which have view if pool and are "close to lobby"..what kind of pool noise do you hear from the 5th or 6th floor?? Not "into pool noise" quite frankly! Thanks!!!!

I don't like pool noise either. I LOVE pool view at Jambo. Never had an issue with noise.

If you leave the balcony door closed, no problem with noise. However if it is open the noise is very loud during the pool games each afternoon. If you really want a quiet room, I would suggest a savanna view.

My husband and I decided to do the DVC points through David's for our stay - just got notified that we got a Jambo standard view 2 bedroom villa. There will be 6 of us, 2 adults and a 17 yo, 9 yo, 9 yo, and 6 yo. The more I read the more I feel uncertain about our choice. Lots of complaints about bad views in rooms in our category and pool noise.

We are paying $3400 for 6 days in March - this is a lot of $$ for us (but we have been saving for it).

We previously stayed at the Cabins 3 years ago and were happy there. It would be $1000 cheaper, if we had gone that route.

We are already committed through David's - but I am having some buyers remorse.

You'll love Jambo house. It is a beautiful hotel. I cannot speak first hand about pool noise but I would say that generally you will be okay. Btw, our first stay there was in a standard view and it was on 2nd floor and a sliver of Savannah view so you may not even end up by the pool. Perhaps your room preferences at online checkin will help you get a more desire able room for you. Good luck

You'll love Jambo house. It is a beautiful hotel. I cannot speak first hand about pool noise but I would say that generally you will be okay. Btw, our first stay there was in a standard view and it was on 2nd floor and a sliver of Savannah view so you may not even end up by the pool. Perhaps your room preferences at online checkin will help you get a more desire able room for you. Good luck

Thank you for your kind message. I kept reading and do feel better about the choice.

My husband and I decided to do the DVC points through David's for our stay - just got notified that we got a Jambo standard view 2 bedroom villa. There will be 6 of us, 2 adults and a 17 yo, 9 yo, 9 yo, and 6 yo. The more I read the more I feel uncertain about our choice. Lots of complaints about bad views in rooms in our category and pool noise.

We are paying $3400 for 6 days in March - this is a lot of $$ for us (but we have been saving for it).

We previously stayed at the Cabins 3 years ago and were happy there. It would be $1000 cheaper, if we had gone that route.

We are already committed through David's - but I am having some buyers remorse.

We have stayed at Jambo over 5 times in the last few years and love the pool view rooms. There is a lot of trees and bushes which make many rooms feel very private and shaded yet you can still see the pool.
I would not at all regret your choice. You have chosen a great resort and your kids will love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter