Stalking and Switching Question

Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
I have a 5-night reservation at my second choice resort.

I wait-listed my first choice resort.

The trip is about 6 months out.

If I stalk the DVC Member website and see the nights I want, at the resort I want, before the waitlist gets filled:
How do I make the switch?

I don't have enough points to have both reservations existing at the same time.
I would need to cancel reservation # 1 in order to make reservation # 2.

But I'm worried that if I see what I want, somebody fast might grab the nights for reservation # 2 while I'm trying to book it.
And if I've already cancelled reservation # 1, I'll have nothing.
(For this trip, I don't want to stay anywhere other than my first or second choice resort.)

People must do this all the time.

Do you log in on two different browsers, and cancel the first reservation after you have started to book the second one?

How fast do the points become available when you cancel the first reservation?

You can just modify the first reservation to select your first choice resort if all 5 nights become available. That way, you don’t have to cancel at any point. It’s more tricky if you are just trying to pick up individual nights as they come up, but doesn’t sound like you are trying to do that.

When I do a continual stalk, I'm already in the "modify" mode so if I see what I need, I grab it if I need to modify.

Good luck! If you are trying to grab one day at a time, you won't be able to do this if your ressie is continuous for the five nights.

If you do not have extra points, you need to go in via the modify button. Now, if you would be willing to split stay, and did have at least a few extra points for one or two nights, you could stalk on your own, book nights that show up at the beginning or end of your trip at your first choice, cancel the nights from the original and adjust the waitlist.

Shorter waitlists have a much better chance to fill then larger ones....but, you really need to be okay with the split stay if it doesn't happen...if not, then just stalk and keep trying for the 5 nights.

Oh goodess! I see you were helping me with the transportation for my mom and here I am for you!
LOVE the dis!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter