Stacking Genie+ LL reservations?

kayteekt

DIS Veteran
I keep seeing bits and pieces about a 2 hour rule and stacking Genie+ LL (not ILLs). For some reason I'm not understanding. Anyone care to give me the dummy version lol or real life examples? We usually do RD to lunch time and to me it's looking like the return times are so far out we wouldn't use Genie + much. Could I use the stacking to help this? Say at 7am book SDD for say Noon and then when I enter the park at 9 book something, use that booking and keep booking individually until the SDD at Noon?

You can't book at second G+ LL until 2 hours after the park opens. So if you book your first at 7 AM and get a noon SDD and assume a park opening of 9 AM, you can't book another G+ until 11 AM.

If you typically only stay from RD until noon, you likely wouldn't get a lot of value from G+.

I see this working well with park hopping. Book your LL for the NEXT park you want to do (say SDD because you might get a late time anyway. Then at 11am, check and see if there is a late time for like RRC. I think that's what people are saying to do!

You can't book at second G+ LL until 2 hours after the park opens. So if you book your first at 7 AM and get a noon SDD and assume a park opening of 9 AM, you can't book another G+ until 11 AM.

If you typically only stay from RD until noon, you likely wouldn't get a lot of value from G+.
Or, looked at from a different perspective... if you book your first at 7 AM and get a noon SDD and assume a park opening of 9 AM, you can book another G+ at 11 AM instead of having to wait until you scan into SDD at noon to get your next one.

I would suggest seeing what the wait times are normally for the rides you want to pay extra to get on. Thursday at around 11 there was a 5 minute wait for Kali River Rapids. All we did was walk though and wait a very short time when they let a party of four right in front of us. So paying extra would not have been an advantage in this case.

Thanks. This is helpful. To clarify, all of my stacking G+ LL rides must be in the same park- correct?

That probably isn’t correct.

If you have hopper tickets you could make LL reservations at a second park with return times after 2 PM.

There is some detailed discussion about stacking in the thread about Genie+ Strategy Only.

Offsite guest, family of 4 at DHS, Friday 10/22. Crowds felt moderate, waits times about an hour for most everything we did without Genie+.
At 7am I grabbed Genie+LL for SDD for 3:25-4:25. I had to wait until 11 to take my next one.
At 11am I grabbed a 1:20-2:20 for TSMM. So my Genie+LL was tied up unfortunately.
In the meantime we rode Star Tours & MFSR x2 both in Standby and then did paid ILL for MMRR (I would not recommend spending $$ on this. It was neat to see and we didn’t want to wait in sun but probably not worth extra $$).
At 1pm I booked Star Tours for 2p.
After Star Tours I booked RRC for evening return time 6:55-7:55.
5pm booked ToT 7:25-8:25.
I had purchased ILL for RotR for 7:10-8:10 at exactly 9am. At 9:01 they were sold on 10/22. They did not replenish for offsite guests as in days previous.
I probably could have managed Genie+ better but I didn’t want to risk not getting times I wanted. We left park at 4p and returned at 6:45 so I could have done a few more rides either on Standby or with Genie+ but time slots go fast so you need to watch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter