St. Thomas Port, any restaurants near port?

SpaceSquirrel

Mouseketeer
We're doing a 4 hr sightseeing trip and will return to the port around lunch time.
Are there any good restaurants near the port?
Are there things to keep us busy (near port) for a few hours before we will need to board?
Also, will they (shops, restaurants) accept US dollars?

Last edited:
There is a Senor Frogs right at the port. We normally eat on the ship and then get back off if we want. There are a lot of stores very close to the port and US $ accepted. There is also the skyride to Paradise Point if that is something that may interest you.

Last edited:
Senior Frogs is right there, but you'd probably be disappointed considering the food quality you've been getting onboard ship compared to that.

The butterfly gardens are a quick walk from the ship--maybe 5-10 minutes. The walk is kind of away from the downtown/shops area though. We did a morning excursion, ate lunch on the ship, and then walked to the butterfly garden. We loved it! Run by locals, loads of butterflys, and we saw GIANT gecko type lizards, too! So cool!

Along the way we also saw a sweet little statue/fountain of the original Little Mermaid (fairytale version) as well as a fun little St. Thomas sign (wooden) to take a picture at.

We're doing a 4 hr sightseeing trip and will return to the port around lunch time.
1 Are there any good restaurants near the port?
2 Are there things to keep us busy (near port) for a few hours before we will need to board?
3 Also, will they (shops, restaurants) accept US dollars?
1 & 2 Often the shore excursions will have an optional drop off location in "downtown" which has lots of shops and restaurants. From there you'd have to take a taxi (cheap) back to the port.
3 St Thomas is part of the US.

We went to a pizza place that was across the street from the port. It was counter service, order a whole pizza, or by the slice, beer and sodas, kind of a dive, but the BEST pizza. It was recommended to us by crew members on the Fantasy. I can't remember the name, but I'm sure if you ask some of the crew, they'll know. They told us, loads of crew members go whenever they're in port, it's that good!

Are there any good restaurants near the port?
Are there things to keep us busy (near port) for a few hours before we will need to board?
Also, will they (shops, restaurants) accept US dollars?
No, imho, there are no good restaurants near the ship. My advice is to go back on the ship and have lunch, then get back off. However, there are plenty of shops at the port.

Finally, considering that St. Thomas is in the United States of America, merchants will be happy to accept US dollars.

Enjoy your cruise!

MUN

There is a bar/restaurant that has REALLY good BBQ. I forget the name of it.... Smokin' Chicken or something? I had the pulled pork sandwich and it was amazing. Washed it down with a painkiller :drinking1

EDIT: Smoking Rooster

Because I bounce around on cruiseline boards I have gotten confused. Is Disney still using Havensight or are they in Crown Bay now?

Oh, I almost forgot! We did get frozen yogurt in St. Thomas and it was AMAZING! It was from a place called Yogen Fruz (which apparently is a chain--but we had never heard of it.) It was fresh and you could pick the fruit you wanted blended into the fro yo. So yummy!! We were looking for an ice cream place but couldn't find one. This fro yo place was super good though and very clean!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter