• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

!st Solo trip- best time to go

csparky61

Earning My Ears
I am taking my first solo trip in the fall. I am wondering if I should book for September when the crowd levels are 1 and 2, but the temps are still in the high 80's to low 90's, or for mid November (after Jersey week and before Thanksgiving) when crowd levels are 2-4 but temps are a comfortable mid to upper 70's?

I would pick mid-October to mid-November! I like the concert series at food and wine.

I've gone in all 3 months-September, October, and November solo (also December, January, April, May, and August). For a low crowds trip, I like September. It's hotter then, but as a solo, when you get to hot, just head on back to your resort.

I definitely agree that the best time would be during F&W. I did first weekend of October this past year as a solo and it was great, not crowded at all except for Saturday with all the locals. Late September would be good to catch the beginning of F&W plus maybe some time before it starts.

Im looking to go on second solo trip and first trip in 7yrs to WDW. Im also looking for best time to go. Im down to May when I went last time and was hot but had a great time or Last week of Sept/ First week of Oct. Dont know that interested in Food and wine because of expense and that I will already be on a dining plan. I am interested in MNSSHP party though. Also want to know if free dining usually runs only in Sept or Oct as well? Im 32. Thank for your input.

I went once in September, never again. I don't tolerate high heat and humidity very well, and it was extremely hot and very humid when I went with our DD for a week a year ago this past September. Plus quite a bit of rain as well. :(

Crowds weren't too bad in September, that was a plus.

I've also gone in March (too crowded!) but my favorite time to go is January and that is the month we've gone for the rest of our trips, and our upcoming trip in FIVE DAYS. :) Low crowds, usually 70's during the day/50's in the evening (perfect, I love cooler weather!) and very little rain. Now I hope I didn't just jinx our trip! ;)

I am taking my first solo trip in the fall. I am wondering if I should book for September when the crowd levels are 1 and 2, but the temps are still in the high 80's to low 90's, or for mid November (after Jersey week and before Thanksgiving) when crowd levels are 2-4 but temps are a comfortable mid to upper 70's?

I'm not a fan of September because of the heat and humidity. I'd go for mid-November!

Im looking to go on second solo trip and first trip in 7yrs to WDW. Im also looking for best time to go. Im down to May when I went last time and was hot but had a great time or Last week of Sept/ First week of Oct. Dont know that interested in Food and wine because of expense and that I will already be on a dining plan. I am interested in MNSSHP party though. Also want to know if free dining usually runs only in Sept or Oct as well? Im 32. Thank for your input.

When did you go in May? I've found that early May isn't too hot yet -- and it's not humid either.

I'm not a fan of September because of the heat and humidity. I'd go for mid-November!

When did you go in May? I've found that early May isn't too hot yet -- and it's not humid either.

I went I think mid way. Sorry 7yrs is a while ago. Dont think it was humid. But there was a record heatwave at the time every day was high 90s around 100. I think it hit 100 once. Good thing there wasnt much rain.

Thanks for all the great input. I would love to go during the F & W festival someday, but I am working around work holidays so I can get extra days in without using all of my vacation! I think I am leaning towards November. I hate humidity and I think my energy level will be better if I go in November, even though the crowds may be a bit higher. I am from Vermont and we seldom see temps higher than mid 80's so my poor old VT body may not handle it very well! I have been in January before and it is hit or miss weather wise. Mid May was very pleasant, late September was pretty warm, but every time I have been crowds have been very managable.

As a Vermonter the best time to go is March, it gets you thru the winter with hope!
I usually go in November and March!

I LOVE November in WDW. I am going on a solo trip Nov 5-14th. I'd pick November for the great weather. Crowds are a little more moderate than September but nothing crazy at all. I would rather be comfortable then sweaty all day walking in 90+ temps with rain. We were just there in Nov and it literally rained once the whole week. We were spoiled with awesome weather. No humidity, mid 70's to low 80's and sunshine. :thumbsup2

I've gone in all 3 months-September, October, and November solo (also December, January, April, May, and August). For a low crowds trip, I like September. It's hotter then, but as a solo, when you get to hot, just head on back to your resort.

OK, I just got back from a solo trip nice I wrote this, and I think mid-January may beat September as the best time to go. The only problem I had was that I was there on Martin Luther King Day, everyone was out of school and appeared to be at WDW that day. But the next day it was fine again. And I was specifically in AK on MLK Day, which has narrower paths, so seems to appear more crowded. But one neat thing in January (besides the lovely weather) was the fact that it got dark erly-there's something Magical about seeing a theme park lit up at night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter