St Patricks Day - how busy?

loladelorean

DIS Veteran
Hello! It's been a while (again) but I've got another trip booked, finally. My sister and I are planning a BIG surprise trip for my mum's 60th birthday in March. She has always wanted to visit Venice but she's terrified of flying, so we're going by train including the sleeper from Paris - doing a sleeper train (that isn't Scotland to London!) is also on her bucket list.
When we're leaving Venice and she thinks the trip is ending, we're topping it off with two nights at the Newport Bay in DLP, the hotel she's always wanted to stay in but never has.

We'll be there 16-18 March, and I just realised that incorporates St Patricks Day. It'll be great to see a festival we've never seen at the parks before, any tips or info about what to expect are appreciated. But we're a wee bit worried that will mean it is a lot busier than we expected. Has anyone visited on St Patricks Day before? What were the crowds like?

i was there in 2014 and it wasnt busy at all. a bit of a queue to meet mickey and minnie in their irish costumes by woodys round up but that was it really. we found the parks lovely and manageable and it helped that it was dry and mild when we were there.

i agree, its only a one-day thing at DLP for St Patricks Day so its not really any busier than any other midweek day in March is.

Sounds a wonderful special birthday trip! What lovely daughters you both are :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter