• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

St. Maarten vs. St. Thomas

I think the St. John On Your Own excursion is worth it, from DCL, unless you really want to spend a lot more time on St. John. Financially, it's probably close to a wash by the time you taxi to and from Red Hook in both directions and buy a ferry ticket.

I think the St. John On Your Own excursion is worth it, from DCL, unless you really want to spend a lot more time on St. John. Financially, it's probably close to a wash by the time you taxi to and from Red Hook in both directions and buy a ferry ticket.

We always book with DCL because they either get you back to the ship in time, or hold the ship (as I've seen them do before for the St. John excursions). If you go on your own then it is solely your responsibility to get back to the ship in time.

We always book with DCL because they either get you back to the ship in time, or hold the ship (as I've seen them do before for the St. John excursions). If you go on your own then it is solely your responsibility to get back to the ship in time.

On our cruise, if you'd not made it back to the ship on time from St. John excursions, you were doing it on purpose. The St. John excursions were all back by 1PM; all aboard was 4PM. There was no "holding the ship" (pr the ferry, for that matter).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter