• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

St. Elsewhere vs Hill Street Blues vs ER

My mom was a surgical RN. She retired in 1985, so right in the middle of the St. Elsewhere run. My mom told some pretty wild stories about what happened at the hospital, especially during the 9 years she worked graveyard shift in the OR, which often including covering in the ER in quiet times. Some of the practical jokes they played were great.
St. Elsewhere launched a lot of careers. Loved Denzel Washington, but have to admit I have not seen a single one of his movies, to me he is still Dr. Chandler. Howie Mandel has done well. Doris Roberts and James Coco were great guest stars.
You should watch Glory (Academy Award). and Courage Under Fire, and others he’s in. He’s so good.

Definitely ER - I really enjoyed seeing a lot of characters on this show that when on to greater success.

We watched all three and I rank them:
1. Hill Street Blues
2. ER
3. St. Elsewhere.

Hill Street Blues is really dated by today's standards. I'd try St. Elsewhere and ER and see what one you like best. I'd also check out Northern Exposure too.

You can't go wrong with any of them. My favorite is ER, which I binged on again this past year.

1) ER
2) St. Elsewhere
3) Hill Street Blues

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter