• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

St Augustine area beach rentals

Tink3815

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have any rental beach front condo recommendations in the St Augustine area and what beach they are near. I prefer not to be in the Daytona or Jacksonville area. Planning the for last week in March, hoping to not have to deal with Spring break craziness too much.

The beaches that are close to the historic district are Vilano Beach on one side & St. Augustine Beach, Butler Beach, & Crescent Beach on the other.

The beach area of St. Augustine is on Anastasia Island & is across the Mantanzas Bay from the historic district (you have to cross bridges to get to the beaches).

We rent through Coastal Realty - there are several different condo complexes. We rent a condo through them which is between Butler & Crescent Beaches.

We have some family members who always stay at Spanish Trace condos - it’s on St. Augustine Beach.

Beacher’s Lodge is on Crescent Beach which is a beautiful beach area - it’s the furthest beach from the historic district.

Here‘s a link to a condo map for the St. Augustine beach area -

https://www.saintaugustinecondos.com/condo-map-for-st-augustine-florida/

Last edited:

Thank you for the responses
Will a non heated pool in late March be too cold to swim in?

Thank you for the responses
Will a non heated pool in late March be too cold to swim in?
It depends on what you’re used to & what the weather is & what the weather’s been (have there been several warm days to give the water a chance to warm up?).

For me, yes, it’d be too cold. The ocean is also too cold for me in March.

I think it also depends on where you’re from - I’ve noticed that people from more northern states tolerate swimming in cold water better than people in the more southern states.

Some years past, we were staying at the Contemporary at Disney World in May, if I’m remembering correctly. We were at the pool one evening (the sun had already set), & I wasn’t swimming. A cast member walked by & said something about me not being in the water. When I told him it was too cold for me, he replied, “You must be from the South.”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter