• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SSR-Tell me about it!

Luv2trav

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
We are thinking about upgrading our Oct trip to a 2 bedroom at SSR... Very affordable price. We have 2 small children 4 and 1 so I have several questions..

-How far is the walk to the pool? I saw the map it is possible to walk to the main pool from all locations? I REALLY do not want to get in my car to go to the pool and I NEED the zero entry pool.
-How's the atmosphere? Do you feel like you are at Disney? Compared to POLY and AKL?
-Cribs-Full or pack n play?
-Are the 2 bedrooms unit lock off units?
-How many balaconies do you get with a 2 bedroom?

Thank You!!

SSR is large, but I had no trouble walking from Congress Park just two weeks after my gall bladder was removed, and 8 weeks after a hysterectomy. I am no fitness guru either! ;) With babies, I would choose Congress Park because it has its own pool, too, while the Springs does not. The Springs is right across the street from the main pool, though its quite large, so you may be walking some distance to the pool.

Pack n Play cribs are in the closets of all units. I do not believe they have full-size cribs.

You get one balcony with a 2 bedroom unit, and it's off the living room. I feel like I am at WDW because I ask for a DTD view, and last time I overlooked Cirque, which was wonderful! The only drawback is that as a new resort, it doesn't have the mature trees and flowers that you find at Poly. Poly is an original WDW resort from the early 70's, so ALL its trees are mature!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter