SSR Renovations

I am sitting on the balcony of a Grandstand studio RIGHT NOW and it's completely renovated. There are no construction vehicles/workers around buildings 15 and 16; haven't been out to 17 or 18, but I am sure you'll be fine by July. We are in room 8612 and I love the location; very near the pool, 5 min walk to the Carriage House. From our balcony we have a view of the golf course to the left and a bit of a pond, and directly out/to the right is all trees- but we really are directly across from the Carriage House, but you can't see it at all! Not a bad location in a huge resort!

this may be dumb question but can someone tell me how the buildings are numbered at SSR for room request purposes? You mention builing 15, 16, 17 and 18 in the Grandstand area. How does that relate to the maps lists as 8501-8836, 9101-9436, etc.?

this may be dumb question but can someone tell me how the buildings are numbered at SSR for room request purposes? You mention builing 15, 16, 17 and 18 in the Grandstand area. How does that relate to the maps lists as 8501-8836, 9101-9436, etc.?
The official numbers to Disney employees are 15, 16, etc. However Disney doesn’t label them that way on maps for some reason; to make it easier people here usually call them by the first 2 digits of the lowest numbered room. You can see them matched up here:
https://www.scribblemaps.com/maps/view/Map_of_Saratoga_Springs_Resort/2I5rtwRv5F

Oh great to know, we requested the Grandstand area for our August trip. Do you know if the water play area and the quick service at the Grandstand pool is open?

We have only walked by the pool here, but as far as I can see the pool itself is open, and there are sprinklers and water jets and such operating- this might be the water play area? DH was at the pool bar this morning to get ice, and he said he thinks there was a quick service menu posted. I'll try to remember to check tomorrow morning.

The official numbers to Disney employees are 15, 16, etc. However Disney doesn’t label them that way on maps for some reason; to make it easier people here usually call them by the first 2 digits of the lowest numbered room. You can see them matched up here:
https://www.scribblemaps.com/maps/view/Map_of_Saratoga_Springs_Resort/2I5rtwRv5F

Touringplans.com has a pretty good explanation/maps of the buildings on their room finder page:
https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-saratoga-springs-resort-spa (hope this is the right link)

They dropped the ball on this. Rooms are numbered one way and buildings another. It confuses a lot. Seems they could have had a better system. Like building 1 all rooms start with a 1, so that gives you unlimited rooms. Building 2 rooms start with a 2 and so forth.

Update on the renovations: In Grandstand, buildings 15 and 16 are renovated. They are working on Buildings 17 (rooms 9105-9436, I believe) and 18 (rooms 9501-9836, ditto). There has also been something going on around The Carriage House, but pool and Artist's Pointe are still open.

The Grandstand pool has been open every day, with the water jets and such functioning. I can't find posted hours for the pool bar or a menu, but it's been open when we've gone past at 11am-noon. We came back to our room tonight at 6pm and it was NOT open.

Anyone have a new update on the refurb progress? Last update was a month ago.
I thought I read recently that all but two buildings (Carousel) are finished and those two buildings are being worked on now, but I can’t find it. Anyway, my impression is that anyone checking in now is guaranteed a renovated room. ETA we check in this Friday, 6/4, so I’ll post when I find out!

That is correct. For more than a month now, all available rooms have been renovated.
That’s what I was going to ask. So all the rooms not finished are not in service now so they can’t even be booked, correct? What about the main pool? Is it open?

That’s what I was going to ask. So all the rooms not finished are not in service now so they can’t even be booked, correct? What about the main pool? Is it open?

Correct. All of the resort pools are open including the two feature pools.

I know this sounds greedy, as the SSR room refurb looks great. But when do you think the treehouses are getting a refurb. They look nice but the slightest bit rough on the videos I’ve watched. They are such a great point value.

I know this sounds greedy, as the SSR room refurb looks great. But when do you think the treehouses are getting a refurb. They look nice but the slightest bit rough on the videos I’ve watched. They are such a great point value.

The treehouses didn't open until mid-2009...five years after the oldest SSR buildings. Going by DVC's general standards, they wouldn't be due for a refurb until at least 2023 (14 years).

The treehouses didn't open until mid-2009...five years after the oldest SSR buildings. Going by DVC's general standards, they wouldn't be due for a refurb until at least 2023 (14 years).

Cool…that’s not too far down the line. And as I said, they are nice now. However, can you imagine if they match the quality of refurb on the regular resort?

Just checked into a 1BR in the Paddock. Beautiful and mostly functional, although I can imagine issues with the 2 bathroom doors that open into the same space in front of the shower if there were more than the two of us here. And the brand new gorgeous HE washer sounds like it’s full of gravel when it agitates. Anyone else have that happen? Maybe we should report it - although I was on hold on the room phone for about 30 minutes trying to reach Bell Services for our Owners Locker, and for 10 minutes simultaneously with Chat, who ultimately told me I should have called the Front Desk instead :crazy2: ! (Just as I was about to hang up and call FD, BS answered.) We passed Carousel on our way in, and it appears they’re working on those buildings as we expected.

Quick question about the 1 bedroom villas. What type of storage is there for the people using the Murphy bed? I know there is an ottoman (maybe 2). Is that is for storage? Thanks for all responses.

Quick question about the 1 bedroom villas. What type of storage is there for the people using the Murphy bed? I know there is an ottoman (maybe 2). Is that is for storage? Thanks for all responses.

Not a lot of storage in the living room. Might be able to stack some things in the coffee table.

There is a coat closet right inside the villa entry, and the master suite has walk in closet plus a chest with 6 drawers and a tall cabinet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter