SSR or moderate

SSR or a moderate?

• Total voters
I’m not gonna claim to be an expert but this doesn’t seem true at all.

https://www.mousesavers.com/2024-disney-world-room-rates-season-dates/

Also comparing a higher DVC point period to the cheapest hotel period is false equivalency unless the timeframes match up which they are unlikely to do.

This is with the stay longer and save more deal they are running right now. I decided to check because I’ve never paid $350 a night for a moderate even the one time I went without a discount (November 2022).

You just have to do a mock booking on the Disney site and the prices are right there. I believe I randomly chose June 12-18 at CSR. $212 a night. $239 a night with taxes, If she chose value it’s around $150 a night without taxes.

I also said depending on the time of year it could be way cheaper to book two moderates vs. a two bedroom at SSR.

OP I would definitely run the numbers and look at the pros and cons of renting and go from there.

Renting points can be a good value but only when comparing to deluxe hotel prices not moderate. Disney is always running some promotion and I have never paid full price for a room in my 30 years of traveling and staying onsite. With discounts mods are usually in the 200 range and deluxes 400 and up which is comparable to renting points.

For the first time, we will need two rooms to fit our family this year. With that in mind, we are needing to mind our resort budget. If you had to choose between renting points to stay at SSR or a moderate stay (probably at CSR, but *maybe* CBR), which would you choose? Feel free to expand on why. Thanks!
I would get two rooms at Port Orleans FQ over SSR. POFQ is a smaller resort, easier to manage and better transportation. SSR buses can be a pain since there are 5 bus stops and it may take you an additional 20 minutes to just leave the resort depending on what stop is closest to your room.

I'd see about renting points for a different resort if feasible. It would depend on the time of year.

SSR is nice but it's also HUGE and doesn't have very good dining options. Of course, you're right near Disney Springs and there are tons of restaurants. Will you have a vehicle because SSR is pretty far and the buses take f o r e v e r.
We've done both and if you're not planning on the extra evening hours, I'd choose a moderate. We did really like CSR when we stayed there with connecting rooms. While we've stayed at CBR, that would be our choice because of the skyliner.

We have never had issues with SSR buses taking that long. If you are at a moderate, you still have to deal with buses looping through the property (except POFQ & CBR). There is a new cancellation policy with DVC rental store where if you need to cancel within so many days, you get credit with them for future trip; check it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter