SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

When making a SSR room request to MS is it wisest to request by room # or building number? I am requesting Paddock section and would like something in buildings 11 or 12. Is it best to ask for Paddock sections, buildings 11 or 12 or Paddock section rooms 6101-6836?
The official map of SSR designates the buildings by the room numbers, not building number anymore. So I would use the room numbers, or at least the first room number for a given building. See map here: https://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/SSMap.pdf.

The official map of SSR designates the buildings by the room numbers, not building number anymore. So I would use the room numbers, or at least the first room number for a given building. See map here: https://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/SSMap.pdf.

Thanks! Turns out we have a preferred room booked so I just made the request of Congress Park. We will be happy pretty much anywhere there, and the Springs is fine too (though the Paddock is our favorite).

We are traveling on our first trip as owners and I’m wondering how specific I can get with room requests. We’d like Paddock, ideally the building south of the pool so we’re near the pool but still not too far from Disney Springs. Any suggestions of how you’d request this for our best odds?

We are traveling on our first trip as owners and I’m wondering how specific I can get with room requests. We’d like Paddock, ideally the building south of the pool so we’re near the pool but still not too far from Disney Springs. Any suggestions of how you’d request this for our best odds?
In your case, I would request a room in the 5501-5836 range.

Thanks! Do you typically call, chat or use Touring plans? Any way easier or more successful?
People seem to have a lot of success using touring plans, but I’m not sure I would sign up for it just for that, since it’s no guarantee. If you already have a subscription, by all means, I would go that route.

The more specific your request the harder it is to grant. I’d prioritize what you want in the request, something like “we would love to stay in paddock, and if at all possible we would really really love to be in building 5500-5800 building”

Just got back from a stay at Saratoga Springs. Unfortunately we had a lovely parking lot view In Congress Park. Still love Saratoga because it’s so close to Disney Springs. But, they really need to get some comfortable cushions on the fold down couch.

Last edited:
People seem to have a lot of success using touring plans, but I’m not sure I would sign up for it just for that, since it’s no guarantee. If you already have a subscription, by all means, I would go that route.

The more specific your request the harder it is to grant. I’d prioritize what you want in the request, something like “we would love to stay in paddock, and if at all possible we would really really love to be in building 5500-5800 building”
Perfect, thank you!

We are staying at SSR for the first time next month! Had trouble choosing between OKW and here, but ultimately liked the room refurbs at SSR. I’m looking forward to trying a quieter resort since we normally stay close to MK or EP, closer to DS this time. We have a preferred room and will likely request Congress Park. Any room suggestions for a pretty view of DS?

We are staying at SSR for the first time next month! Had trouble choosing between OKW and here, but ultimately liked the room refurbs at SSR. I’m looking forward to trying a quieter resort since we normally stay close to MK or EP, closer to DS this time. We have a preferred room and will likely request Congress Park. Any room suggestions for a pretty view of DS?
We stayed in Congress Park 1500 building and had a partial view of DS. We could see the balloon every time it went up which was pretty fun to watch. Absolutely loved the location!

Have a Nov stay coming up at SSR and really like being close to the main building. Anyone have favorite room #’s they can recommend? I assume it will be in
The Springs Area? We don’t mind stairs and like top floors.

Have a Nov stay coming up at SSR and really like being close to the main building. Anyone have favorite room #’s they can recommend? I assume it will be in
The Springs Area? We don’t mind stairs and like top floors.
Is your reservation in one of the Preferred sections (Springs and Congress Park) or Standard (Grandstand, Carousel, Paddock)? Springs is the closest Preferred to the main building, Grandstand is the closest Standard.

All SSR buildings have elevators, so taking the stairs is optional!

Last edited:
Oh, I didn't realize buildings were broken up into Preferred and Standard. I have a Preferred Studio.
So does anyone have a certain location at either Springs or Congress Park they like?

You'll like Congress Park more if you want easy walking access to Disney Springs, and a quieter pool. You'll like Springs more if you want the action of the main pool and closer to the Artist's Palette and store.

Walking to Disney Springs from Congreve Park, when you go over the bridge on the right is the boat pickup. Is the side running that will take you to the opposite side of Disney Springs?
TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter