• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

If you’re near DS, you’ll likely be on a more full bus trying to get to rope drop. Ask at the front desk for bus times. MDE may not be reliable in telling you correct bus times. Don’t forget you’ll need to take a bus to the front of SSR, then the bus to MK. Schedule time to hit a pool. Note that some walking paths to and from DS close after dark. Again, clear up what’s open at what times at the front desk.
Have a great time!
What do you mean by this? Do you have to transfer from an internal bus to a park bus? Or do you just mean don't forget it goes through all of SSR before it heads out to the park?

What do you mean by this? Do you have to transfer from an internal bus to a park bus? Or do you just mean don't forget it goes through all of SSR before it heads out to the park?
There's no transferring for park buses. After you're on the MK bus that's it. I believe they are trying to say if you're at Congress park or springs area they are the last 2 stops so potentially the bus may be full in the early AM and taking the internal shuttle to an earlier stop may help. But we spent 11 days there recently and never had a bus so full we couldn't get on.

Don’t forget you’ll need to take a bus to the front of SSR, then the bus to MK.
Sorry, this is not correct. The buses circulate through the resort, stopping in this sequence: Grandstand, Carousel, Paddock, Congress Park, The Springs (which is also the Carriage House). Then the bus goes directly to the park. No need to transfer.

And as with other Disney resorts, buses come roughly every 20 minutes, with emphasis on the “roughly”! In July, we did find that the screens at the bus stops were fairly accurate in terms of when the next bus would arrive, but again they couldn’t be counted on as exact.

Sorry, this is not correct. The buses circulate through the resort, stopping in this sequence: Grandstand, Carousel, Paddock, Congress Park, The Springs (which is also the Carriage House). Then the bus goes directly to the park. No need to transfer.

And as with other Disney resorts, buses come roughly every 20 minutes, with emphasis on the “roughly”! In July, we did find that the screens at the bus stops were fairly accurate in terms of when the next bus would arrive, but again they couldn’t be counted on as exact.
You’re right. I was incorrectly remembering a horror story about a family unable to board for over an hour as full buses would pass them by toward the back of SSR. Sorry for the confusion.

I’m interested in dining at Turf Club for dinner the last night of our trip. I have been trying to book since my booking window opened, but nothing comes up as available. Is it THAT popular?
recently I’ve noticed that tables of 4 are available but not 6 or 8 (we are 7, with a toddler) do they just not have larger tables? Is this a restaurant I’d be better trying to walk up at?

I’m interested in dining at Turf Club for dinner the last night of our trip. I have been trying to book since my booking window opened, but nothing comes up as available. Is it THAT popular?
recently I’ve noticed that tables of 4 are available but not 6 or 8 (we are 7, with a toddler) do they just not have larger tables? Is this a restaurant I’d be better trying to walk up at?
In my experience, booking two reservations of 4 works well. You’re the lead adult on one, and another adult is the lead guest on the other.

High Rock Spring pool is scheduled for refurb in "Early January." Has anyone heard what the actual start date might be? (yes, I know that all of the other pools will be open and that the paddock pool has a waterslide and 0 entry.)

Booked a GV for April!! First timer here. Renting but may buy in the future. When should I submit my area preference?
I generally submit my requests pretty soon after booking, or as soon as we decide what we want to request (we don't always request anything). Requests aren't guaranteed, so no one knows of any formula to guarantee that you get it, but on the theory of "first come, first served" I'd submit yours ASAP.

High Rock Spring pool is scheduled for refurb in "Early January." Has anyone heard what the actual start date might be? (yes, I know that all of the other pools will be open and that the paddock pool has a waterslide and 0 entry.)
Looking for this answer as well. We leave Saturday

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter